Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Brut
Aug 21, 2007

NoWake posted:

Wait so why isn't the hay truck even attempting to gear down/slow down and just barreling full speed toward his red light? He's got no indication its about to change.

Also how the hell does a fully-loaded truck brake check a car like that... I get that landyachts were big & brakes sucked then, but jeesh.

Truck's light is green too :iiam:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Brut
Aug 21, 2007

Nitrox posted:

Feel free to only post interesting things. Not like someone lazily running a red light on the opposite lane, we don't care about mundane poo poo

:justpost: whatever you got, this thread is slow as molasses anyway.

Brut
Aug 21, 2007

The Locator posted:

I'm surprised it's even up to the guy who got hit. I thought that was something the state/city would issue based on evidence, not based on a victim's complaint.

"Pressing charges" typically actually refers to being cooperative as a witness to a prosecution, the reason they're asking you is that if you're uncooperative they're gonna have a hard time convicting and thus won't bother.

Brut
Aug 21, 2007

I think if you're on the road you should be bound by the same rules as anyone else on the road, whether you're in a car, truck, SUV, ATV, bicycle, motorcycle or you're just superman running at 60mph.

That being said, a bicycle gets to hop on to the sidewalk for a minute to basically become a very fast pedestrian, at least in areas/times without heavy pedestrian traffic.

Brut
Aug 21, 2007

Duzzy Funlop posted:

which makes me run afoul of the law over here a bit.

So now I'm planning to turn my apartment upside down to find an old UHS-I 16/32GB card I can put in it and then I'll just use the 256GB one for my Switch or something.

Huh? What kind of law is that?

Brut
Aug 21, 2007

Is that kind of thing enforced? Cop pulls you over and asks to see the size of your SD card?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Brut
Aug 21, 2007

CornHolio posted:

What do you guys use to merge clips?

If it's just 2 separate recording from the same source/settings then:

code:
ffmpeg -i "concat:input1.mp4|input2.mp4|input3.mp4|input4.mp4" -c copy output.mp4
Runs basically instantly, there are cleaner ways to do this for larger mergers but for a few this is fine.
(ffmpeg installation instructions not included)

If 2 different recoding types (especially different aspect ratios), either DaVinci Resolve (commercial product but free for personal use with some limiations) or OpenShot (open source, of course free), either way just make sure to start a new project and set the desired resolution on it first, then drag the clips in to the project and make them big/fit as best you can.

Lazy option: Upload the clips individually to youtube, add them to a playlist, link people to that.