Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Safety Dance
Sep 10, 2007

Five degrees to starboard!

Manhattan needs to mount GAU-8 Avenger cannons every few blocks that automatically target the sound of car horns.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Safety Dance
Sep 10, 2007

Takes No Damage posted:

He was at a red light not a yield sign. I guess it can vary by city or state, but my understanding is in Texas bikes in the street should follow the same rules as cars i.e. stop at stop signs, don't roll through red lights into oncoming traffic etc.

Should, but it's reasonable for bicycles to be more laissez-faire about traffic rules. I wouldn't have entered the intersection with the truck there, but would have blown the rest of that red with no guilt whatsoever.

Safety Dance
Sep 10, 2007

Takes No Damage posted:

Oh come on it's not like there's some culture of being hostile towards bike riders for no reas

:lol: get rekt.

Pastis is specifically needling another cartoonist called Jeff Mallett when he makes bike rider jokes, but yeah it's grating.

Safety Dance
Sep 10, 2007

IDGI, you both blew the same stop sign in an empty parking lot?

Safety Dance
Sep 10, 2007

Hey, let he who comes to a complete stop for two full seconds cast the first stone.

Safety Dance
Sep 10, 2007

Go back there and hit that car yourself!

Safety Dance
Sep 10, 2007

CornHolio posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MPX7iv0AvH0

This was annoying. Yes I ran the red light pretty badly, but then the truck to my left had to swerve into my (unmarked) outer turn lane to avoid the steamrollers, which left me stranded in the middle of the intersection like an rear end in a top hat. No flaggers or anything, just steamrollers asserting their dominance. The guy on my left only ran the yellow and the steamrollers were already crossing into oncoming traffic.

Law of tonnage. You might be dead right, but you're still squished.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Safety Dance
Sep 10, 2007

You Am I posted:

Strangely enough the page wasn't blocked in Australia. What a horrible piece of poo poo that Sidney Mecham is

It's an EU thing. Some American websites vastly misunderstand GDPR and just refuse requests coming from the EU