Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

KozmoNaut
Apr 23, 2008

Happiness is a warm
Turbo Plasma Rifle

I came across this debris field the other day. Notice how far away the torn off rear wheel is from the involved cars.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ydd3nT8MKWI

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KozmoNaut
Apr 23, 2008

Happiness is a warm
Turbo Plasma Rifle

Cugel the Clever posted:

Ugh, the comments section...

Don't. Just don't.

https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/hide-youtube-comments/kehdmnjmaakacofbgmjgjapbbibhafoh

KozmoNaut
Apr 23, 2008

Happiness is a warm
Turbo Plasma Rifle

Cugel the Clever posted:

The gently caress is wrong with you people? Burden to yield is on the idiot merging in just about every state.

Truck was farther ahead, thus he was taking control of the merge point (key word "merge", not "lane change"). It's the same deal with zipper merges, especially in dense traffic: The guy who is farther ahead goes first. Obviously some people are raging shitcanoes who insist on riding the rear end of the car in front of them so they can "win", but gently caress those guys.

The situation in the video clearly shows that the guy could have very easily given the truck room to merge if he had just let off the gas a little bit. He didn't even have to brake or change lanes, just slow down a little bit, let the truck merge and then overtake safely a few seconds later. It takes a long-rear end time and a lot of gear changes to get a semi up to speed, by forcing the trucker to brake, he would have created a major traffic hazard.

All because some piece of human excrement thinks he's more important than proper traffic flow.

Yes, traffic laws in most developed countries place most of the responsibility on the traffic coming down the onramp to merge safely, but there is also the general "be considerate towards each other to make traffic flow better" part, that some people like to conveniently forget so they can use their own strict interpretation of traffic laws to gently caress over other people.

Some times you have to give some space and temporarily let other people through, even though it's stricly against Your Rights in Traffic.

E: vvvv Indeed. I may have fallen for a dastardly ruse.

KozmoNaut fucked around with this message at 12:47 on Aug 1, 2016

KozmoNaut
Apr 23, 2008

Happiness is a warm
Turbo Plasma Rifle

8ender posted:

I'm pretty happy with my a118c. Quality could be better at night. If there's ever an upgraded version with the same for factor I'll buy it.

https://dashcamtalk.com/sg9665gc/

I have one, it's really drat good.

KozmoNaut
Apr 23, 2008

Happiness is a warm
Turbo Plasma Rifle

nm posted:

If you intentionally misrepresent there being no audio, you're going to be in a world of hurt. I would interpret submitting a video only in that situation as doing that.
In formal discovery, they're going to ask for all audio and video anyhow, so if you don't provide the audio, you've hidden evidence.

I'm not going to remove any audio (and I didn't, when I gave video evidence to my insurance company last year), but I usually listen to music in the car, so it's extremely limited how much outside audio the mic is going to pick up anyway.

KozmoNaut
Apr 23, 2008

Happiness is a warm
Turbo Plasma Rifle

SG9665SC?

Yeah, I'm super pleased with mine, too. Perfect form factor and very high quality video. Don't forget that you have to press the middle button twice to lock the current video. Once to turn on the screen, and again to actually lock the file. I love that they even threw in a little self-adhesive rubber dot that you can affix to the button, to make it easier to hit without looking.

KozmoNaut
Apr 23, 2008

Happiness is a warm
Turbo Plasma Rifle

The case is the same, but the chipset is newer, it uses a higher quality Sony Exmor sensor instead of an Aptina, and the lens is significantly better, it doesn't suffer from the focus issues the B40/A118 has when it gets hot.

I had an A118 before I got the SG, and there is a clear difference, especially in low light.

KozmoNaut
Apr 23, 2008

Happiness is a warm
Turbo Plasma Rifle

The StreetGuardian only has one source, and both the manufacturer and reseller are active users on the Dash Cam Talk forums :)

That's part of the reason why I bought one, despite the higher price. The whole thing seems a lot more trustworthy than the usual diverse collection of random people.

KozmoNaut
Apr 23, 2008

Happiness is a warm
Turbo Plasma Rifle

Kazy posted:

Does it use the same mount? I'm considering upgrading from my A118 but taking off mounts is awful, so it would be great if I could just use my old mount.

The case is 100% identical between the two, mounts and everything.

KozmoNaut
Apr 23, 2008

Happiness is a warm
Turbo Plasma Rifle

wolrah posted:

Yeah, the Challenger is actually the only one of the LX cars to be offered with three pedals. For some annoying reason they never put it in any of the four door models.

At least for the Hellcat, the explanation/excuse is that the transmission tunnel on the Charger is too small for the MANLY GIRTH of the transmission that can handle the Hellcat engine.

KozmoNaut
Apr 23, 2008

Happiness is a warm
Turbo Plasma Rifle

bolind posted:

What broke, it seems reasonably benign...?

Front clamshell on a Lotus?

KozmoNaut
Apr 23, 2008

Happiness is a warm
Turbo Plasma Rifle

Maybe don't post NPC meme poo poo from a channel with a Pepe avatar?

KozmoNaut
Apr 23, 2008

Happiness is a warm
Turbo Plasma Rifle

AFewBricksShy posted:

Pepe I get, but I'm about to be disappointed in humanity again when I look up what NPC memes are, aren't I?
Edit: Oh that's the grey guy's name. Well it was less racist than I figured it would be so that's a plus.

It's generally used to dehumanize anyone who doesn't disagree with the meme-maker, casting them as someone with no more agency than an NPC in a game, just mindlessly repeating what they've been told to say.

You can see why it appeals to the alt-right.

KozmoNaut
Apr 23, 2008

Happiness is a warm
Turbo Plasma Rifle

I mean, it might be. That's the problem with dogwhistles.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KozmoNaut
Apr 23, 2008

Happiness is a warm
Turbo Plasma Rifle

Takes No Damage posted:

True, but when both lanes are completely stacked up like that I'll generally follow alternating Zipper protocol. Just driving nice where everybody gets a turn :kiddo:

Exactly, and if someone really wants to skip a 'tooth' and merge ahead of you, just let them have their fun.