Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
Speaking of red light runners, here's one, though not anywhere near as close since I was slow off the line. Still, it must've been solid red for him for a while

It's also amazing how much stupid poo poo you come across that you just ignore without a carmera.

https://s3.amazonaws.com/mobby_6kl/video/Dashcam_21.mp4

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
Must be running on pure spite by now

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Nocheez posted:

Zaurg made many posts and nothing changed for him. It was in you the whole time :glomp:
He didn't get the dirvoce? :(

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
I wouldn't settle for less than $800, personally.

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
Yeah sorry maybe rolling through a stop sign is fine if there's nobody around but corssing on red when someone might have a protected left turn or cross traffic is dumb / suicidal

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

opengl128 posted:

I really don't understand why in those dashcam compilations you always see/hear the driver madly pawing at the button to save the clip. Are you running a 32MB SD card my dude? Just download the clip when you get home. Your average reasonably sized card will hold like a week's worth of footage.

That's why I'm using voice recognition on my 1S :smug:

So I have to turn down the music and say "record video" like three times. And yeah I stuck an old 16gb card there, I can't have a card there worth more than the car itself. But yeah it's still hours of footage at 1080p.

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

OBAMNA PHONE posted:

https://www.reddit.com/r/IdiotsInCars/comments/1201uun/porsche_macan_tries_to_cut_into_slowing_traffic/

OP posts a video of this accident he's in but several people notice:

he cuts the audio levels to cover up his engine noise when he accelerates into the person cutting him off

and he cropped the video so it doesn't show his speed, even though in prior videos he didnt crop the speed out

I occasionally check that sub and there's a surprising amount of people that will post incriminating videos of themselves being idiots just in the hopes that some strangers will approve their dangerous behavior because they were "technically correct" or sometimes not even that.

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

SlowBloke posted:

I don't know if italian drivers are more attentive or they do expect weird poo poo but yeah.

Speaking of
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=81hqeWEGmZs

Italians probably expect other drivers to do something wild because they'd do it themselves too

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
OP doesn't really say if it's for insurance/CYA or some kind of artistic purpose. I have a cheap Xiaomi cam that will do time-lapse videos automatically (so no stitching later), or with a large enough card, it'll record 1080p video for a looong time. You could then just delete the old videos. The benefit I think is that you can then use the camera for other purposes, while a dashcam is pertty useless.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Nitrox posted:

I have it on good authority but nobody ever goes back and looks at that continuous running footage unless something really good/bad happened.

That's... true, though if you're making a roadtrip movie, it's great to have some time laps footage to cut to.