Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl
I'm planning on a big road trip in a few months and am interested in possibly getting a dashcam to record the trip. I'm planning on renting a car so any dashcam would need to be usable without modifying the car. Any particular model recommendations, or things to look out for?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl
Sorry, yeah, should have specified this is purely for fun/aesthetic reasons and not for serious/insurance purposes.

I kind of envisioned doing a time-lapse video afterward, although I can't help but wonder if something interesting on the road might happen over the course of several days on the road. (I realize the answer may well be "probably not".)

Javid posted:

some states/shitholes the cops will hassle you about stuff hanging in your view, but I would not effort much harder than binder clipping it to the visors to run it down a pillar or something

I like the binder clip idea! And it's going to be a solo trip so I can run it down the passenger side and not give a gently caress about the wire dangling across anyone's legs.