Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Thank you for making this thread, I spent far too long chatting with Nodoze trying to come up with a witty title before saying gently caress it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
God drat it this thread is supposed to be about DASH CAMS not stupid hypothetical court cases.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Dustoph posted:

Isn't the point of a dash cam for protection in hypothetical court cases?

No, it's to capture footage of your auto crossing and street racing.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

some texas redneck posted:

Looks like the G1W is also on Amazon, and it sounds like it's the same company that sells as estore009 on ebay (same price, same text, same color options).

I just ordered another G1W through there.

edit: I emailed the seller on Amazon, they confirmed that ebay's estore009 and Amazon's BAIKLOV are the same company. So if you don't want to deal with ebay and paypal to get a dashcam, you can go here instead.

For $52 i think we have a winner.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

some texas redneck posted:

:confused: This camera has always been $52, I think everyone that has the G1W in AI paid about that...

The first time you linked me to it the price had gone up to $80 i think.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Mine arrived and the sd card I thought I had has vanished. And my debit card is shut off due to the Target gently caress up so I can't order a new one until the new card shows up.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

~Coxy posted:

Is there any better way to attach things to glass? Some kind of semi-permanent adhesive?
I have similar problems with my radar detector in periods of extreme heat.

Velcro strips.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Raluek posted:

I don't think the adhesive on velcro (anything short of permanent, really) will stand up to periods of extreme heat. Have you had better luck than I with that stuff?

They make an industrial grade of some sort. My uncle uses it for his EZPass so it can be swapped between cars quickly.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

CharlesM posted:

Don't do what I did and use velcro right before you drive to California where it's 90+ F, not realizing the glue takes some time to dry, then let it kinda "melt" in the sun. :doh:
Otherwise if you let it dry it will last a few years, but I bet there is a 3M adhesive of some kind made for this.

Command Strips would probably the the job for a good long while if applied in moderate temperature. They make a picture hanger variation that is basically super dense velcro.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

jacteh posted:

3m Dual Lock? I use it in racecars for various bits and pieces that need to be pulled quickly/easily.

http://solutions.3m.com.au/wps/portal/3M/en_AU/Reclosable_Fasteners/Home/Details/

I think that's it. This was my other suggestion

http://www.command.com/wps/portal/3...94529207&rt=rud

Would be worth trying as they're pretty cheap.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Do they not require a license to drive in Russia?

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
I wish I'd remembered mine before I went to Michigan yesterday. I was on the highway and two times some rear end in a top hat blasted past me at 90+, cut across in front of me and then slammed on the brakes to hit an exit. I just hope they wrecked elsewhere out of my sight.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
I only say it because they didn't wreck in my field of vision.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
A friend is running one of these and loves it and when I saw a coupon for it I snagged it.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B077D7C6R7/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o03_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Paid $42 for it and so far it works well enough for my purposes.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Nocheez posted:

On a long road trip my wife and I came upon a motorcyclist who had struck a deer. He was wearing a 3/4 helmet but struck the pavement (and maybe his bike) with his chin. He was barely breathing and obviously seriously injured. He died a few days later in the hospital.

Wear a full face helmet if you ride. You may think other drivers are what you need to watch out for, but nature can take you out just as easily.

I've seen a picture of a dude who hit a deer while wearing no helmet and the antlers pierced his skull.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

<siiiiigh>

keeps driving

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Since I put the cam in the car I haven't seen poo poo and when people almost clip each other I lose my poo poo so I'm sure the videos are at least a little amusing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

STR posted:

I keep the mic turned off on mine.

I'm hilarious so turning the mic off would be a disservice to anyone who watches these vids.