Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

The correct answer is "bees".

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

You Am I posted:

New Dashcam Owners Australia crash compilation

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5_8TZdx6xhc

:nws: for tons of swearing

The bit at 5:35 is the best example of "do you want to be right, or do you want to get where you're going without an accident" I've seen in a long time.

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

PenisMonkey posted:

The latter.

I get perhaps mashing that button if you end up actually in a wreck where the video will be necessary, but.. are people putting in 256MB SD cars or something? I can get hours and hours and hours on a 64GB card and if something interesting happens you better believe I'm plugging that poo poo in as soon as I get home to :justpost:

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

glyph posted:

Wheel spacers with too short studs?

No, pause the video near the end and you can clearly see a brake rotor still bolted to the wheel. The hub gave up, and was probably making all kinds of noise long before it did.

Edit: right as the wheel comes back for more

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

bird with big dick posted:

The fact that the wheel/tire is like 10" pushed further out than it should be puts a shitload of extra wear on the hubs, right? So loving stupid. Plus it throws rocks into everyones windshields constantly.

Yep, you're giving the wheel more leverage against the hub the further you push it away from the original mounting face. This dipshit's mods definitely accelerated that wear and eventual failure. But at the same time, hub bearings are pretty loving tough and I really doubt that this went from "silent and smooth" to "yeet" just like that.

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

I half expected them to attempt a shoulder pass at the end.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

Ban this sick filth