Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cactus Ghost
Dec 20, 2003

you can actually inflate your scrote pretty safely with sterile saline, syringes, needles, and aseptic technique. its a niche kink iirc

the saline just slowly gets absorbed into your blood but in the meantime you got a big round smooth distended nutsack

im the kid crashing his bike into a garbage can on an empty street

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cactus Ghost
Dec 20, 2003

you can actually inflate your scrote pretty safely with sterile saline, syringes, needles, and aseptic technique. its a niche kink iirc

the saline just slowly gets absorbed into your blood but in the meantime you got a big round smooth distended nutsack

yeah, the ocean abhors a reduced iron atom

Cactus Ghost
Dec 20, 2003

i'll be shocked if anyone so much as sees a single day in court over this. except maybe whoever was responsible for icing the roads, as if there's one thing insurance companies love more than denying claims it's finding someone to sue into the dirt to offset the cost of the claims they can't deny

Cactus Ghost fucked around with this message at 07:38 on Feb 13, 2021

Cactus Ghost
Dec 20, 2003

once when i was driving for one of the not-a-taxi companies, there was a drat milk crate sitting in the road right before an intersection, so while the light was red i flipped on my hazards, got out, picked it up, and tossed it aside. except when you have a not a taxi company's symbol on your car and the hazards come on everyone behind you becomes a 28 days later rage zombie, so people started laying on their horns and poo poo when i did this. til they saw me throw the milk crate, and they stopped and the guy in front did that dumbass "sorry" wave we do when we're in a car

well thats my story

Cactus Ghost
Dec 20, 2003

laying on the horn for a good five seconds straight has the double-bonus of helping avoid a crash AND being an rear end in a top hat, i would highly recommend it

Cactus Ghost
Dec 20, 2003

people post the most benign poo poo. i miss the heady days of metiorites and people getting out of Ladas with axes

Cactus Ghost
Dec 20, 2003

aussies slide from the womb with calloused feet

Cactus Ghost
Dec 20, 2003

if someone zooms past a line of cars and tries to cut in I'm certainly not making room for them, but I'm also not going to get aggro about it

Cactus Ghost
Dec 20, 2003

MrOnBicycle posted:

So many stupid mistakes in this one. More than usual. The "I'm not really stressed about anything" girl doing a hard brake for a yellow that turns red is why we are taught to just run the yellow in driving school here in Sweden. If you can't slow down safely, you should run it. Obivously if she wasn't on the phone and paid attention she'd be stopping for it in time as there was plenty of warning. I guess she's stressed now.

lmao imagine thinking rear ending someone is the other person's fault

Cactus Ghost
Dec 20, 2003

idk about canada but in the US if you're waiting in an intersection to make an unprotected left it's explicitly legal for you to wait for oncoming traffic to stop before turning, even if the light turns red and you're still there because bozos are racing the yellow

Cactus Ghost
Dec 20, 2003

Godholio posted:

Depends on your state. It's definitely one of those "technically it's illegal but nobody cares" things in some states.

thats true, traffic laws are state by state, i should have specified CA

Cactus Ghost
Dec 20, 2003

MrOnBicycle posted:

They are both bad at driving. Neither were paying attention.There is another example later in the video of a van slamming on the brakes as the light turns. Again a case of both being bad at paying attention, but if they had just carried on there would be no accident.

most collisions involve some level of mutual contribution, but that doesn't mean the dude doing the rear ending wasn't more at fault. paying attention to the person in front of you and following at a safe distance is your responsibility. paying attention to the person behind you is, largely, not.

e: also getting rear ended is virtually always safer for all involved than a cross-traffic collision, so even if she wasn't paying attention, realized it was yellow and didn't know how stale it was and in the moment decided to stop, she made the right call

Cactus Ghost fucked around with this message at 00:41 on Apr 14, 2021

Cactus Ghost
Dec 20, 2003

Major Isoor posted:

a driver vomiting out of their door

i dont see this in your post history, what the hell dude

Cactus Ghost
Dec 20, 2003

Hypnolobster posted:

Also trailer brakes. As long as they're in good shape and actually work, get off the gas and gently apply trailer brakes to slow the hell down. Braking just the trailer adds tongue weight, which is what fixes the problem.

And then get off the highway and take surface streets until you can get somewhere safe to move the load forwards slightly.

Yeah; this is one of the reasons to have a brake controller that lets you brake the trailer seperately. applying just the trailer's brakes applies a centering & dampening force to resist ocillation or drifting

Cactus Ghost
Dec 20, 2003

also i forgot to say :hellyeah: to this

Cactus Ghost
Dec 20, 2003

now THAT'S the kinda stuff i remember. thats some old school russian dashcam insanity, holy poo poo

Cactus Ghost
Dec 20, 2003

Kilonum posted:

Seeing as I might be replacing it tomorrow, have the rather anti-climactic death of my first car. (start at the 2 minute mark). Cam automatically cuts into 3min chunks, couldn't have timed that ending comment better if I tried.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w6bllGrKYKk

link to the ai thread? lol

Cactus Ghost
Dec 20, 2003

powered sun shades on the interior? is this some aussie thing

Cactus Ghost
Dec 20, 2003

wtf, just the aftermath? i am not entertained. i want carnage.

Cactus Ghost
Dec 20, 2003

Dashcam Thread: Yes I ran the red light pretty badly, but

Cactus Ghost
Dec 20, 2003

everyone on the road, including you, is putting everyone else around them in literal mortal peril all the time and we mustnt forget that

well, everyone driving. hence the moral heirarchy of pedestrian > cyclist > motorcyclist > driver

Cactus Ghost
Dec 20, 2003

freeway exits should always be closed

Cactus Ghost
Dec 20, 2003

:justpost:

Cactus Ghost
Dec 20, 2003

sounds like a job for the ai question thread!

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3699520

ignore the "stupid" in the title, this is exactly the sort of thing this thread's great at helping troubleshoot

Cactus Ghost
Dec 20, 2003

typical bike-on-car cyclist imo

Cactus Ghost
Dec 20, 2003

West SAAB Story posted:

(USER WAS BANNED FOR THIS POST)

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

i guess he'll never find out about the a119 and a129

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cactus Ghost
Dec 20, 2003

you got this avatar too i see. there's a mad avatarer afoot