Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Locator
Sep 12, 2004

Out here, everything hurts.

FBS posted:

Roundabouts aren't that hard, America. :911:

I've learned to deal with roundabouts in Tijuana. It's hilarious how bad we (US drivers) are at them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Locator
Sep 12, 2004

wolrah posted:

You should probably get your rear suspension checked out for any subtle damage, at least an alignment check and a visual inspection on the corner that was hit. Something being slightly off that you'd never notice visually can still add up to substantial additional tire wear at best and of course hidden damage could result in a wheel deciding it wants to be free at the worst possible moment.

Good idea.. I was planning to have it looked at, just need to find the time to get to the shop. Thanks.

The Locator
Sep 12, 2004

sleepy.eyes posted:

Yeah, I had a guy on camera rear end a dude, and then drive into incoming traffic to get away. I offered it to the cops and they just said unless they guy showed up on the video (he did) they couldn't do anything. When I told them both the guy and the plate were clearly visible it was radio silence.

Going to assume in the US. It's amazing how little the police here want to do any actual police work.

The Locator
Sep 12, 2004

mobby_6kl posted:

I'm completely used to roundabouts but if it's poorly marked and/or in an unfamiliar area (or country) they can be tricky since you might not know if the outer lane is exit-only, if you can exit from the inner lane or have to change first, etc.

I am currently in Tijuana. The roundabout rules are simple. There are no lane markings or signs, you simply jam your way into the circle and do whatever the hell you want. Liberal usage of the horn is optional but recommended if traffic is completely stopped, as that will certainly make the guy in front of you push the giant bus in front of him out of the way.

The Locator
Sep 12, 2004

PittTheElder posted:

Yeah I suppose you're right, somebody running the red on the perpendicular road would be just as dangerous a crash, maybe it doesn't matter. Still seems real weird though, since knowing north american drivers you know there will be people trying to run that "yellow" and actually cross at the red.

Not arguing that that one guy didn't gently caress up bad.

In my area (Phoenix) the 'lagging' left turn arrows are fairly rare. The vast majority of protected lefts are at the beginning of the cycle, not the end but supposedly the lagging lefts are safer for some reason and several of the cities in the greater metro area are experimenting with them now.

The Locator
Sep 12, 2004

Tyro posted:

gently caress that guy he should eat the charge for fleeing the scene.

I'm surprised it's even up to the guy who got hit. I thought that was something the state/city would issue based on evidence, not based on a victim's complaint.

The Locator
Sep 12, 2004

Nocheez posted:

Finally had a reason to pull video from my dash cam today, and it was a doozy

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QdjzrJU7uRU

drat... Dude was looking at his phone or something, he barely touched the brakes before that impact, and certainly didn't mash them to the floor like he needed to.

The Locator
Sep 12, 2004

Bertha the Toaster posted:

It blows my mind that someone walked away from that. Like, they should be dead. Its amazing how much safer cars are today even compared to 20 - 30 years ago.

Those water barrel barriers are amazing at absorbing energy without killing people too. It's a combination of cars and highway design, but yeah, lots of crashes that would have killed people not all that long ago are 'walk away' crashes now.

The Locator
Sep 12, 2004

bird with big dick posted:

Don’t run red lights

In front of steam rollers.

The Locator
Sep 12, 2004

Failson posted:

Man does bad crimes, forgets he has a dashcam. No injuries, but the video is harrowing.
Also make sure you've got an ad-blocker on if you click the link, the site is a disaster:

https://www.kgw.com/article/news/in...ff-6f164b0c5969

drat.. that dude has some anger management issues.

The Locator
Sep 12, 2004

OBAMNA PHONE posted:

crazy how many comments are people saying the roads shouldnt be closed for a parade :wtf:

Because far too many people these days are stupid and don't care about anyone except themselves and their own convenience.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Locator
Sep 12, 2004

Fuckwits like this are why ADOT construction crews always have a State Trooper assigned now.