Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Devyl
Mar 27, 2005

It slices!

It dices!

It makes Julienne fries!

Holdbrooks posted:

I have been wanting to get one for the crown vic but night video will pretty important since I drive around 20k miles at night per year. What would be the best if budget wasn't really an issue?

I've got a GoPro HERO3+. I love it for night-time recording. also, if you're mounting it somewhere you can't easily access the power button, I'd recommend picking up either the black edition that comes with the wi-fi remote or buying the remote.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Devyl
Mar 27, 2005

It slices!

It dices!

It makes Julienne fries!

Bugdrvr posted:

I also use a GoPro Hero 3 when I ride but it's a pain in the rear end since it doesn't automatically charge or loop. I commute 60 miles a day so that means I have to remember to charge it and erase the card every two days or so.

You can set it to loop over old recordings in the setup menu :)

Devyl
Mar 27, 2005

It slices!

It dices!

It makes Julienne fries!

Dustoph posted:

Isn't the point of a dash cam for protection in hypothetical court cases?

Well, make yourself aware of the laws for your state on who you can/cannot record, as well as when & where.

Devyl
Mar 27, 2005

It slices!

It dices!

It makes Julienne fries!
And for the folks who don't want to assemble one, here is a link to a hardwiring kit that fits GoPros and any other 5v dashcam that takes mini-usb. Speaking of which I need to hardwire my GoPro. Forgot it today and some rear end in a top hat ran a red that had been red for a while at full speed. While I was going through the intersection at 45 mph. I missed him by a nuthair thankfully or I don't think I'd be here.

Devyl fucked around with this message at 04:46 on Jan 16, 2014