Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ROFLBOT
Apr 1, 2005
I have a DOD LS430 cam in my car, was just over $100 shipped from China off Alibaba.com.

It's a similar model to this http://dashcamtalk.com/ls300w/

Great camera, though some of the features are not really worth paying the extra over their cheaper models. Auto power-on/record, video quality is excellent, even 720p at 60fps looks great. I bought 2 of them ~6 months ago, not had any issues at all. As they are constantly releasing new models I would certainly check them out if I needed to buy again.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ROFLBOT
Apr 1, 2005

Pfox posted:

After experiencing a second hit and run in a parking lot, I'm interested in getting a dashcam. Does anyone know if there are cameras that automatically turn on when they sense an impact?

That would be completely useless. If you actually needed to use footage to determine fault in most accidents chances are you would be stuck without the few seconds leading up to impact.

Most (all?) modern dashcams use SD cards and record continuously from the moment the ignition is turned on. Once the card is full they rewrite over the oldest recordings without requiring any intervention from the user

Content: Caught the aftermath of a motorbike accident on my way to work one morning

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=czvP9r_a1JM

ROFLBOT fucked around with this message at 06:17 on Mar 7, 2014

ROFLBOT
Apr 1, 2005
The difference between those Italian and the Australian dashcam vids is stark

At least when an Italian driver pulls a bonehead move the parties involved usually manage to avoid a collision....