Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

General_Failure
Apr 17, 2005
I inadvertently turned to mother Russia for this.
If you hunt around on Google Play, roughly 100% of Android dashcam apps are Russian.

Unfortunately my phone is pretty low end so I can't try half the apps, but I did get a couple and am going to give them a go. I got the second highest tier 16gb Sandisk micro SD card today ($36 :cry:) and I'm going to shove my phone in the surprisingly well made for its price ($9) cheap shop phone holder and go for a drive.

Not expecting miracles but it should be interesting because the apps offer things like velocity and looped recording. There's one that record the route as you are driving but my lovely phone isn't compatible.

I'll try to upload a little footage. It won't be interesting but it'll be indicative of how these free apps fare.

Just on that SD card thing. The cardboard blister pack thing was covered in claims that it was great for Android phones. The cheaper one was sold out and the more expensive one (Sandisk Extreme) while probably awesome like the SSD in this computer, was unnecessary. Good micro/SD cards are worth it. Don't cheap out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

General_Failure
Apr 17, 2005
Is there any chance the first post can be updated with the current cams to buy or whatever?

Pretty dull here but I travel pretty often. I've seen things. So many things. I really want to share them, and in a few cases upload them to the Police's service for this kind of thing. Some people shouldn't be allowed near a tricycle on an abandoned airstrip let alone a vehicle in the same postcode as other living organisms.