Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Harakiri Potter
Oct 18, 2004

REACH HEAVEN THROUGH VIOLENCE BABY

jesus died on a hill made entirely out of gravy

or diarrhea

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Secks Cauldron
Aug 26, 2006

I thought they closed that place down!
^You poo poo yourself when you die, so yeah.

Irradiation
Sep 14, 2005

I understand your frustration.

Horror Queefs posted:

i think they look alright. i have a jackson flying v, although i prefer the Dinky style ones but this was free, anyway, if you usually play sitting down, the v's really really suck. if you want a cool "metal" guitar style then get one with the Explorer style IMO

Explorers own but boy are they loving heavy.

bunky
Aug 29, 2004

i don't have anything to prove here you loving ding-dong. i've posted poo poo that i've been working on in the past and never came into a thread trying to stick up for my goofy guitar collection or whatever the gently caress it is you're doing here. you painted "you suck" on your volume knob so you wouldn't suck anymore and apparently that's all it took and now you don't suck. prove it.

Drunk Driver Dad
Feb 18, 2005

Dr. Faustus posted:

"Horror Queefs," how many posters singled you out and put up pics of your personal guitars in this thread to attack you for your taste in instruments? I can't help that I'm being stalked by console warriors.

Vai isn't for everyone, that's cool. It was a different time when he hit the scene. I don't exactly look to GBS for informed discussion of guitarists or their instruments.

it was only you, no offense man but if we allow one person to poo poo up the thread with huge, well formatted and punctuated blocks of text then everyone will want to do it

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Harry in Rio posted:

jesus died on a hill made entirely out of gravy

or diarrhea

giant pecan pie

ZombieParts
Jul 18, 2009

ASK ME ABOUT VISITING PROSTITUTES IN CHINA AND FEELING NO SHAME. MY FRIEND IS SERIOUSLY THE (PATHETIC) YODA OF PAYING WOMEN TO TOUCH HIS (AND MY) DICK. THEY WOULDN'T DO IT OTHERWISE.

Irradiation posted:

Explorers own but boy are they loving heavy.

I haven't played an explorer before but my warlock weighs 12 lbs--double what my strat weighs -- and it's loving smooth sounding

Irradiation
Sep 14, 2005

ZombieParts posted:

I haven't played an explorer before but my warlock weighs 12 lbs--double what my strat weighs -- and it's loving smooth sounding

Don't know exactly but it's more than my friends bass.

Harakiri Potter
Oct 18, 2004

must post an ugly guitar if you're gonna post music

there's nothing ugly about the Epi Masterbilt, even if it was made in an orwellian hellhole

but then there's this

go city name sports team

https://soundcloud.com/harryinrio/epimasterbilt-1

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.

Dr. Faustus posted:

"Horror Queefs," how many posters singled you out and put up pics of your personal guitars in this thread to attack you for your taste in instruments? I can't help that I'm being stalked by console warriors.

Vai isn't for everyone, that's cool. It was a different time when he hit the scene. I don't exactly look to GBS for informed discussion of guitarists or their instruments.

This is the "Ugly Guitars" thread. You have ugly guitars. hth.

bunky
Aug 29, 2004

fyi im opening a guitar school wherein i write "you suck" on your fender squire stratocaster. thanks for coming. that will be $50.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Harakiri Potter
Oct 18, 2004

ffs p90s on that

you can't polish a turd

Alec Bald Snatch
Sep 12, 2012

by exmarx

Harry in Rio posted:

ffs p90s on that

for real that needs emgs or at least sd blackouts

Dr. Faustus
Feb 18, 2001

Grimey Drawer

bunky posted:

i don't have anything to prove here you loving ding-dong. i've posted poo poo that i've been working on in the past and never came into a thread trying to stick up for my goofy guitar collection or whatever the gently caress it is you're doing here. you painted "you suck" on your volume knob so you wouldn't suck anymore and apparently that's all it took and now you don't suck. prove it.
That's all it took? So, the years of practice? Nevermind, here:

In 2001 the SA Musician's Lounge proposed a little solo contest. The idea was that you choose a backing track from a list of mp3s and then lay down a solo on the instrument of your choice. This was my entry, but the contest never actually happened.
I used my homebuilt Strat-style and the pair of Peavey combos that someone posted earlier. No effects, 75% gain, a little room reverb. I was going for a Robben Ford vibe but the chord progression was odd. As usual, a little EVH and Paul Gilbert found their way in there, but that's what I intended to share for the contest 12 years ago:

http://tindeck.com/listen/clxa

Later on, I was learning to use Reaper and Amplitube 3 on my laptop, and I decided to test out its Fender amps by trying to make a dual-amp setup to re-create the intro to Texas Flood. I programmed Toontrack drums, played bass, and played the guitar part. I stopped right where the vocals should start. Same ugly guitar.

http://tindeck.com/listen/mpih

And just for your amusement (horror), this is a live recording of me and a couple friends banging out the live version of Joe Satriani's "Memories" from his live EP. It's just my red Ibanez 770DX through a Rocktron Chameleon. This is the live mix right off the board. None of us could quite remember the whole tune so we took turns getting lost, but I still enjoy it.

http://tindeck.com/listen/mghk

That's this ugly guitar:

Sorry for ruining your thread. I'm still getting used to being stalked.

bunky
Aug 29, 2004

Dr. Faustus posted:

That's all it took? So, the years of practice? Nevermind, here:

Sorry for ruining your thread. I'm still getting used to being stalked.

ah ha, not clicking any of that poo poo. nice try dickbag. kick rocks.

XYZAB
Jun 29, 2003

HNNNNNGG!!

Three-Phase posted:

Is that Andrew WK?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9xxZjbfVlN8

Whorelord
May 1, 2013

Jump into the well...

glandmine posted:

'sure I'll learn to play a guitar and do gay solos in 2014 when rap music exists' - some of you idiots

I can't rap because i'm white you loving idiot oval office

Harakiri Potter
Oct 18, 2004

BV
Oct 23, 2005

NO ITS FUNNY. FUCK YOU. TIA
Why are guitars still a thing in 2014? Do you watch XTREME SPORTS after listening to a "shredding" solo?

fappenmeister
Nov 19, 2004

My hand wields the might

XYZAB
Jun 29, 2003

HNNNNNGG!!

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

:stonk: is that the same one? are there more of them? does he dress it up? burn everything

Dr. Faustus
Feb 18, 2001

Grimey Drawer

bunky posted:

ah ha, not clicking any of that poo poo. nice try dickbag. kick rocks.
*listens to every track*

Ularg posted:

This is the "Ugly Guitars" thread. You have ugly guitars. hth.
Every one of them is gorgeous.

Corek
May 11, 2013

by R. Guyovich

does it have balls too

SeventhSeven
Jun 28, 2009
I want to break Princes guitar.... That long thing... Snap. Oh sorry Mr Artist (hands broken pieces down about 5 feet to prince)

Scuzzm0nkey
Jun 25, 2005
Confucius, he say: Do unto others - then run.
gently caress all the BC Rich and Dean haters in this thread. The pointier your guitar the more brutal your riffs, proven science. I'm shocked this thread made it this far without this steamer:

Alec Bald Snatch
Sep 12, 2012

by exmarx
fender japan used to make a tele with a sweet headstock and a floyd

could do without the f-hole though

e: better pic

that neck on an archtop strat would slay. fmic really missed the boat

Alec Bald Snatch fucked around with this message at 07:09 on Dec 26, 2013

Lazy Broker
Jul 9, 2013

Whatcha gonna do? When they come for you?

ZombieParts
Jul 18, 2009

ASK ME ABOUT VISITING PROSTITUTES IN CHINA AND FEELING NO SHAME. MY FRIEND IS SERIOUSLY THE (PATHETIC) YODA OF PAYING WOMEN TO TOUCH HIS (AND MY) DICK. THEY WOULDN'T DO IT OTHERWISE.
here's a wasted piece of wood

Harakiri Potter
Oct 18, 2004

ZombieParts posted:

christ it has the aesthetics of a tramp stamp

Irradiation
Sep 14, 2005

Arsenio lookin good

ejstheman
Feb 11, 2004

ZombieParts posted:

wasted?

not if my halloween-themed cover band has anything to say about it!

BeefThief
Aug 8, 2007

guitarists in groups of more than two or by themselves are insufferable. and yes i play guitar.

gently caress you pat metheny

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wp1wHZfZz9s

BeefThief
Aug 8, 2007

a guitar made for goro i guess

fappenmeister
Nov 19, 2004

My hand wields the might

Corek posted:

does it have balls too

You can see it in this clip at around the 3:30 mark. Just the shaft.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7heqswnD08Y

Shithouse Dave
Aug 5, 2007

each post manufactured to the highest specifications

FARTY HARD

Doctor Bishop
Oct 22, 2013

To understand what happened at the diner, we use Mr. Papaya. This is upsetting because he is the friendliest of fruits.

Dude looks like he fartied so hard he sharted his brains out

Wangsbig
May 27, 2007

this was my first guitar. i was also really into dream theater :)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dec 26, 2012

Wangsbig posted:

this was my first guitar. i was also really into dream theater :)

high five warlock first guitar buddy

• Locked thread