Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Flipperwaldt
Nov 11, 2011

Won't somebody think of the starving hamsters in China?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pokey Araya
Jan 1, 2007

Dang It Bhabhi! posted:

Stage diving at a SunnO))) show loool:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aIFzggDIY4Y&t=3365s

edit: there is a lot of lol in here and :black101:

I was at the show, the smoke was waaaaaaay thicker than the video suggests, and that stage dive freaked everyone the gently caress out (also all the drugs didnt help). Also the ending was loving the most insane thing ever.

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

Now I want to do a wall of death at a Sunn show

BDA
Dec 10, 2007

Extremely grim and evil.
More of a mosey of death, really.

dex_sda
Oct 11, 2012

Snowy posted:

Now I want to do a wall of death at a Sunn show

That's a good description of their sound tbh

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

Pokey Araya posted:

I was at the show, the smoke was waaaaaaay thicker than the video suggests, and that stage dive freaked everyone the gently caress out (also all the drugs didnt help). Also the ending was loving the most insane thing ever.

hah that's an amazing layer to it all. looool

Dr. Faustus
Feb 18, 2001

Grimey Drawer
Is that Meerschaum? It's not strong enough for a guitar body I expect, but I want to ask, because... meerschaum, dude.

Flipperwaldt
Nov 11, 2011

Won't somebody think of the starving hamsters in China?

Dr. Faustus posted:

Is that Meerschaum? It's not strong enough for a guitar body I expect, but I want to ask, because... meerschaum, dude.
It's 3D printed plastic.

Rugoberta Munchu
Jun 5, 2003

Do you want a hupyrolysege slcorpselong?

...and the pitch! posted:

Your guitar doesn't double as a cock ring? That's the real Stupid Music poo poo.
How else am I supposed to spin it around like ZZ Top?

Trig Discipline
Jun 3, 2008

Please leave the room if you think this might offend you.
Grimey Drawer

Rugoberta Munchu posted:

How else am I supposed to spin it around like ZZ Top?

I spin mine using an articulated buttplug, but that's more of a ZZ Bottom thing.

The Muppets On PCP
Nov 13, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

Trig Discipline posted:

I spin mine using an articulated buttplug, but that's more of a ZZ Bottom thing.

:golfclap:

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

Trig Discipline posted:

:drat:

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

Trig Discipline posted:

lol

In an hour long interview with Bucketead (with his therapist?) he talks about how he has heart issues and he could potentially have a stroke at anytime. Really interesting look into the guy and hear him speak, he sounds super timid and introverted but also really humble and down to earth. I hope we get to see more of the man behind the mask and that his heart condition doesn't get worse.

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

s.i.r.e. posted:

lol

In an hour long interview with Bucketead (with his therapist?) he talks about how he has heart issues and he could potentially have a stroke at anytime. Really interesting look into the guy and hear him speak, he sounds super timid and introverted but also really humble and down to earth. I hope we get to see more of the man behind the mask and that his heart condition doesn't get worse.

Wow.

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

Lol someone made a PCB for a pedal version of the Diezel VH4 preamp: https://oshpark.com/shared_projects/NdRPXXqJ

Pics of the pedal: https://app.box.com/s/eqpa1fe9nd8f6gbq8wfxkqw85lxax054

You can buy it as a kit: http://uk-electronic.de/onlineshop/product_info.php?products_id=4458&osCsid=10c285e46ac7b23f29b8fcfdffa372ad

The amp:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TnPD8QOgDw8

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

I kinda want to buy the pedal because lol but ehhhh on actually making my own because I'm lazy as gently caress.

Chalupa Joe
Mar 4, 2007

Spanish Manlove posted:

I kinda want to buy the pedal because lol but ehhhh on actually making my own because I'm lazy as gently caress.

*looks at pile of Small Stone, Superfuzz, Bad Stone, Tonebender and Sunn Beta schematics and components*

:same:

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

s.i.r.e. posted:

lol

This loving sucks so much I hate it. He’s such an interesting humble guy too.

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

Spanish Manlove posted:

How much would you even pay if you wanted to buy that, though? Also, I'm not sure the layout of the traces is very good... some of that poo poo looks a little close.

edit: also...

Dang It Bhabhi! fucked around with this message at 06:28 on Oct 13, 2017

The Muppets On PCP
Nov 13, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

Dang It Bhabhi! posted:

Lol someone made a PCB for a pedal version of the Diezel VH4 preamp: https://oshpark.com/shared_projects/NdRPXXqJ

Pics of the pedal: https://app.box.com/s/eqpa1fe9nd8f6gbq8wfxkqw85lxax054

so... they just made a lovely copy of the board from the actual diezel pedal?

i know the boutique pedal world is rife with blatant design theft but that is just straight up lazy

e: gotta admit i'm a little surprised diezel themselves went with opamps instead of the usual jfet substitution

The Muppets On PCP fucked around with this message at 07:47 on Oct 13, 2017

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

The Muppets On PCP posted:

so... they just made a lovely copy of the board from the actual diezel pedal?

i know the boutique pedal world is rife with blatant design theft but that is just straight up lazy

e: gotta admit i'm a little surprised diezel themselves went with opamps instead of the usual jfet substitution

After looking at the board it's actually pretty good. The thread over at FSB (http://www.freestompboxes.org/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=28011) is a pretty good read if you like that sort of thing. The main IC (IC1) is a Burr-Brown dual op-amp, so it's no slouch. The actual Diezel™ pedal uses 5 J201s so you are right, Diezel DIDN'T go completely op-amp (they still use op-amps for the power section because gently caress it I guess?).

A human heart
Oct 10, 2012

Anime Reference posted:

I know we're over laughing about relics but I found this while looking for woodburned guitars and oh my loving god:

I feel like I need a tetanus shot just looking at it.

instruments that give you diseases are quite frankly badass

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

THE TAIL THAT BURNS TWICE AS BRIGHT...

Dang It Bhabhi! posted:

How much would you even pay if you wanted to buy that, though? Also, I'm not sure the layout of the traces is very good... some of that poo poo looks a little close.

edit: also...

I mean a bunch of blind guardian's night at the opera probably counts

KozmoNaut
Apr 23, 2008

Happiness is a warm
Turbo Plasma Rifle

Shugojin posted:

I mean a bunch of blind guardian's night at the opera probably counts

Blind Guardian isn't even close to doom, though.

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

Okay but that could actually make for a sick album theme

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

THE TAIL THAT BURNS TWICE AS BRIGHT...

I missed the doom part, whoops

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

Kilometers Davis posted:

Okay but that could actually make for a sick album theme

You're not wrong. I think Conan covers a lot of ground there. I love how specific people get about their arts and entertainments, too.

edit: VVV yea but I didn't want to say that because Kilometers, ever my conscience in this thread, would scold me for always be judgy (I'm trying to be a better man!).

Dang It Bhabhi! fucked around with this message at 16:15 on Oct 13, 2017

hexwren
Feb 27, 2008

Because everything sucks, I'm pretty sure anyone into metal with a specific need to hear about the crusades is basically a nazi.

Sorry, "crusader's and holy wars"

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

hexwren posted:

Because everything sucks, I'm pretty sure anyone into metal with a specific need to hear about the crusades is basically a nazi.

Sorry, "crusader's and holy wars"

That's how I read it too

Concatenation
Jul 23, 2005

Your human mentality cries out for vengeance and thrives on the violence you say you can hardly endure.
not doom metal but this EP rips

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wiARqnaPAeM

also hobbyists reverse engineering pedals and making their own adaptations and mods is literally how the boutique pedal industry works

Concatenation
Jul 23, 2005

Your human mentality cries out for vengeance and thrives on the violence you say you can hardly endure.

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

Concatenation posted:

not doom metal but this EP rips

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wiARqnaPAeM

also hobbyists reverse engineering pedals and making their own adaptations and mods is literally how the boutique pedal industry works

Sarpanitum is good, I hope they aren't nazis

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IJDQ58M7GGs

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

lol

Concatenation
Jul 23, 2005

Spanish Manlove posted:

Sarpanitum is good, I hope they aren't nazis

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IJDQ58M7GGs

oh sheeiiit i had no idea they put another album out, cheers m80

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

Creedence's Kustom amps were all solid state. Good enough for Grandpa, good enough for me. Although, the idea of running a red knob Sunn Model T in stereo with an EAE Model feT -> 800w class D solid state amp intrigues and beguiles me.

Dr. Faustus
Feb 18, 2001

Grimey Drawer

Trig Discipline
Jun 3, 2008

Please leave the room if you think this might offend you.
Grimey Drawer

Dang It Bhabhi! posted:

Creedence's Kustom amps were all solid state. Good enough for Grandpa, good enough for me. Although, the idea of running a red knob Sunn Model T in stereo with an EAE Model feT -> 800w class D solid state amp intrigues and beguiles me.

My old band was 100% Kustom amps, they're just kinda okay but they look loving cool on stage. We played a show with The Apples in Stereo and they had all Silvertone stuff at the time, so we geeked out over their weirdly specific gear fetish while they geeked out over ours. It was a cool night.

e: Oh yeah, they look cool AND they're just absolutely indestructible. We had a Kustom combo amp get away from us and just go somersaulting down a fairly long flight of concrete stairs and when it got to the bottom it played just fine.

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

:vince:

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

:discourse:

Adbot