Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Automatic Slim
Jul 1, 2007

comes along bort posted:

one of the few upsides of the fact gen x/millenials will have on average far less wealth than their parents

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Automatic Slim
Jul 1, 2007

Rockii posted:

It looks like if Epiphone made a signature guitar for Hot Topic, but its for Zakk Wylde who actually intentionally set out to make it as ugly and stupid as it looks because he got the idea from Billy Gibbons who also set out to make a noxious instrument that looks like it could double as a ship rudder.

That is originally a Bo Diddley signature guitar, later appropriated by Billy Gibbons into the the "Billy-Bo". That guitar shape was around for decades only to be revived recently. So don't blame Billy F. Gibbons, blame Bo Diddley.

Automatic Slim
Jul 1, 2007

Astrobastard posted:

(They're actually amazing)

Tempered? I bet string bending is a bitch, if at all possible.

Automatic Slim
Jul 1, 2007

killhamster posted:

This is the only acceptable clear guitar:

So loving true.

It looks like something out of Warhammer 40K

Automatic Slim
Jul 1, 2007

IronLawnmower posted:

It sounds like robot yoko ono with a bad cold.

Taken at face value, this thing is ridiculous. The fun part would be figuring out ways to subvert and twist the poo poo out of it into something interesting.

Automatic Slim
Jul 1, 2007

Smash it Smash hit posted:

i really love shoegaze and try to write it but everyone that plays with me gets bored and it always turns into something else :[

In MBV's case, it helps to be on hallucinogenics or ecstasy or both.

Automatic Slim
Jul 1, 2007

Chalupa Joe posted:

From the Electro Harmonix Facebook page this morning:

muike posted:

unironically love it

Got to agree.

Automatic Slim
Jul 1, 2007

auzdark posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ogwdNpeDoJk

Fender snowboard... The next generation!

What a colossal waste of time and resources. And then they filmed it.
The only redeeming part of that video was Duff McKagan humoring Fender and getting on with his life.

re: 432Hz talk.

436 Hz sounds way better.

Automatic Slim
Jul 1, 2007

Yeah, it's not a
exactly the worst abomination we've seen here.

Automatic Slim
Jul 1, 2007

Robo tuners make perfect sense for a Steel/Lap Steel guitar. Especially multi neck ones.

By the time steel players have finished re tuning at the bands mid set break, the break is over.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Automatic Slim
Jul 1, 2007

skudmunky posted:

I clicked on this video because it looked stupid and I stayed because it sounded awesome.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DEMTcVm0RSA

It's a neat concept, but no one will ever look cool playing at that thing.
The explorer was cool, but if I heard right that low G# was 13Hz? Not very practical
but nothing about those instruments are.

• Locked thread