Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

captain capslock i sincerely wish you would stop posting because you really fuckin suck

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

rezatahs posted:

your sex doll guitar is kinda gross there buddy

she responds well to artificial harmonics

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN
the burden of the 'tism

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN
you don't have to respond to every post and in detail dude. get a fuckin sense of humor dude

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

Dr. Faustus posted:

Why not? You all are.

but you have this unholy sperg aura and cna't let something slide and will not forgive anything that you perceive as being incorrect so you tpye up around a thousand words that don't mean anything ebecause by the second sentence the reader has already decided to scroll past your post

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN
the ibanez jem really is a lovely guitar and is really overpriced for what it is. even as a big metal dude i don't like ibanez, mostly due to the nu-metal poo poo from the 90s. but then again i have a mockingbird so i apparently love goofy gutiars

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

fuckin lol

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

brickswereshat posted:

Going to serious post here for a sec, then you guys can get back to putting Dr. Faustus to the torch.
Having 2 or 3 identical guitars has a benefit for an extremely small subset of guitarists: the professionals. If you're playing hard and doing a lot of bends, the guitar will eventually come out of tune. It is faster on stage to just pick up an already-tuned guitar and keep going than it is to take a few seconds tuning it over again.
Why an amateur would think they need this is beyond me, though.

We now return you to your regularly scheduled flaming.

some dudes just want the same guitar but in different tunings at home so I can see why you would have multiples but drat jems are pretty lame

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN
Dr Faustus you're like some autism imbued terminator that was sent back in time to kill any humor related to music

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

comes along bort posted:

i used to play in a lovely d-beat band with a yamaha pacifica and a black coffee pedal into a crate bass combo it totally owned

We were all teenagers once

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN
anyone got hte gif of the guy playing bass and leading the other guy along with facial expressions?

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN
thread challenge; show me a five string bass that isn't goofy and retarded

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

axolotl farmer posted:

posted on th

page 2 itt

yesss thanks

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

Harry in Rio posted:

as a general rule, I don't like basses with more than 4 strings. to me, there's just something about a nice natural fender p bass with just the split pickups, and those bigass open geared tuners. i like maple fretboards too

so loving sexy

wanna meet that bass

Fender four strings are really the only basses that should ever be played.

The sound and feel of a Warwick is really fuckin cool but man are they ugly. Ricks are cool too but you could just rotrod a mexi jbass for 1800 less and get a similar result

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

ZombieParts posted:

that's the kind of motherfucker you just can't believe put his picture online seriously and yet..there it is

i wonder what he's doing now?

Probably posting in TFR, that's micromancer

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN
Also those old ibanez catalogues are fuckin hilarious, thanks for posting them.

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

Lol at the GBS mods tepid first post in that thread

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

Goobish posted:

Oh snap i didn't know he is a goon. Not that that makes him any better. Pretty much makes him worse.

Micromancer is a cultural icon and is rad as hell so shut the gently caress up you titanic bitch

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN
Anybody have a picture or the video of yngwie's strat pile?

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN
that's goofy, but not all the way retarded. then again this is subjective

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN
all of these guitars,

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3FfGvhDYjyA

also holy gently caress this guy just wont shut the gently caress up

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN
oh and that's totally a wig/weave

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN
those old john patrucci Mesa/Boogie adds that used to run in guitar world were just so hilariously terrible

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

ZombieParts posted:

It was sobering to find out how many rock heroes and actors are just nerdy guys who play consoles and WOW in their off time. I remember watching Cribs for the first time and realizing gangsta rap was just an act and these guys were just sitting at home watching cartoons.

George "corpsegrinder" FIsher from cannibal corpse is a huge wow nerd and even has a horde tatoo and will proudly show that poo poo off if you ever meet him

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN
i didn't know bad brains reunited

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

White Dog Eggs posted:

[insert Black Metal joke here]

c'mon son, step up your game

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN
gently caress you sperglord.h don't respond to faustus seriously

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN
i admit, i am serious when i request that you get hit by a bus or jump off a building

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN
they're lap steels, I thought
and

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN
oh ahahahahah that's heinous

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN
I've been playing guitar for almost thirteen years and have never made a single penny off it, get on my level scrubs

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

Petr posted:

I wonder what the most musical polymer is

silver is a really good conductor it's just that if it gets oxidized then it's garbage. to call it the most musical metal is loving retarded though

Sperging over guitar cables is loving stupid too. I have some monster cables only because guitar center has a no quesitons asked replacement policy though in 7 years of owning them i've only had to replace them once. if I didn't have these already i would totally buy from a different brand just out of spite though since i hear planet waves also does that too

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN
does it have braided shieldoing inside?
does it have a molded tip or epoxy covering the solder joint?

if so, then buy it

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

Dolphin posted:

Really depends on the length of cable. Also interference adds up and a leaky guitar + amp + lovely 50 ft cable + dirty AC will noticeably sound like poo poo to the audience.

yeah but sometimess people want noise

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN
Caps aren't inherently any kind of filter you retarded sperg they change based on configuration holy poo poo you have no idea about anything you post about just stop

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN
It's all the same guitar salesman kooky Mumbo jumbo that doesn't mean anything other than just filler text for the badly graphic designed adds in the back of guitar world

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN
Shut te gently caress up you bitch idiot you're boring and stupid and on the same level as Faustus

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN
I think it's ugly

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

I'd slap that

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN
The distance from nut to bridge doesn't change but the length of te fretboard changes. C'mon son you learn this in physics 1 in college

• Locked thread