Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Sten Freak
Sep 10, 2008

Despite all of these shortcomings, the Sten still has a long track record of shooting people right in the face.
College Slice

I was just starting when these were new and hot. Even back then to my untrained eye they just seemed cheesy and they certainly have not aged well.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sten Freak
Sep 10, 2008

Despite all of these shortcomings, the Sten still has a long track record of shooting people right in the face.
College Slice
Rick owns and this was probably a big joke but

- then there's this

:barf:

Also Steve Vai talking about his audition with Frank Zappa (frank trolls the poo poo out of him):
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xx1RguHA4XE

Sten Freak
Sep 10, 2008

College Slice
That is muy mal.

I have a Kramer 600st that I bought used in 1991 or so. It's my only guitar and I play in a band that plays occasionally and mostly for parties and non-serious stuff with a paid gig here and there. It is cheap, somewhat ugly as it has a peeling skull real deal hologram sticker on it. I run it through a mid-90s Digitech Valve FX into a Fender Eighty Five and it sounds fantastic for pretty much anything but the really creamy tube (?) sounds. There's a pic somewhere in TFR but searching for archived stuff is impossible as far as I can tell.

Sten Freak
Sep 10, 2008

College Slice

White Dog Eggs posted:

Interchangeable pickups would be such a cool idea to catch on, the big guitar companies don't like it as it would eat into their guitar sales, alas.

Yep. PRS use a 25" inch scale as opposed to the fender 25.5" scale (which is what most guitars use), so a lot of people PRS frets to be slightly crammed. I don't want to bore everyone so click here if you want to find out more.

EDIT:

Seek help, weirdo. People like you are the reason we have wars.

Hey is it possible that my guitar's frets (Kramer 600st) are slightly larger than "standard" or whatever? Because I tend to over reach when I use a guitar that isn't mine.

Sten Freak
Sep 10, 2008

College Slice
This thread has me researching my 600st' origins. In doing so found this on the Kramer guitar fan-website.

Also my guitar is apparently worth less than $200 but it sounds far better than anything I've picked up in the shop 3-4 times that.

Sten Freak
Sep 10, 2008

College Slice
I thought the Elixirs were the best sounding strings I've ever put on an acoustic. However, I did not see some super long life from them. This was whatever they were making around a decade ago. I've always played super slinkies on my electric.

Sten Freak
Sep 10, 2008

College Slice

Tempus Fugit posted:

drat. I've honestly wondered how many fuzz pedals he needed to chain together to get that MBV Loveless sound. Some of it is pretty bitchin tbh, but that board is nuts
I saw them in concert for that tour and specifically remember him having a giant line of pedals. They were SO loving LOUD. I'm sure part of my current hearing loss is from that concert. My heart and chest felt weird when they'd start and stop playing. Honestly the show was poo poo, just a wall of noise (mostly), and I was a fan. Opened for Dinosaur Jr.

I use the Digitech Valve FX. It has a tube! Does everything and sounds great with my Kramer and a Fender Eighty Five (which is falling apart atm).
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tgtsJZNUD5Y

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sten Freak
Sep 10, 2008

College Slice
And there he is again. I wonder how he got the inspiration for it. Was he just sitting around one day and said "you know what would be cool?"

Also has everyone already seen the cheesy band angry drummer video?

• Locked thread