Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ZombieParts
Jul 18, 2009

ASK ME ABOUT VISITING PROSTITUTES IN CHINA AND FEELING NO SHAME. MY FRIEND IS SERIOUSLY THE (PATHETIC) YODA OF PAYING WOMEN TO TOUCH HIS (AND MY) DICK. THEY WOULDN'T DO IT OTHERWISE.

Allen Wren posted:

Stupid Music poo poo: Grateful Dead Edition

That guy on the left totally doesn't know this song and he's watching the bass player to follow along

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ZombieParts
Jul 18, 2009

ASK ME ABOUT VISITING PROSTITUTES IN CHINA AND FEELING NO SHAME. MY FRIEND IS SERIOUSLY THE (PATHETIC) YODA OF PAYING WOMEN TO TOUCH HIS (AND MY) DICK. THEY WOULDN'T DO IT OTHERWISE.
man, these Burstbuckers give the most open and bad rear end sounding chords in the world but I'm thinking about swapping it for something a little more focused. I've played strats so long I think I'm just getting that itch to try out different sounds in this thing.

I won't what the Nazgul/Sentient combo would sound like in an LP

ZombieParts
Jul 18, 2009

kjetting posted:

I'm glad I'm not the only one who has been spammed by that guy's videos by Youtube. He has some points sometimes, but it's mostly poo poo that almost anyone who plays an instrument would know, like "knowing how to play is more important than the logo on your headstock". Except he yells it, so it's more true when he says it or something.
How does he have 100,000 followers?

Because there are more critics than players these days and this guy speaks their language. He's got his head way up his rear end and I'd swear he's posted here a few times because his "gear doesn't matter" stance is ridiculous. If he ever has a good point it gets swallowed up by his hideous flapping jowls that never stop yelling. Assuming there is an up and coming player that might be influenced by his dumb rear end, I can't really say he's anything but poison to the scene.

*sits in front of a super expensive rack and a couple of 5150's* "You don't need expensive gear"

This is why you need expensive gear -
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VQJohVJaceM

ZombieParts
Jul 18, 2009

tacodaemon posted:

People just won't stop trying to do that whip-the-guitar-around-yourself thing

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5eFlCuMqJSw

Your average strap can't do it. Even expensive straps may not be up for a flip, even if you put strap locks on. Yngwie uses nylon straps and reinforces them with electrical tape at the points where they typically break. Dunlop markets those straps as ClipLock. I used to flip my YJM quite a bit but I switched to the Planet Waves joe satriani straps because I just get a kick out of how they look

And those definitely will not hold up if you flip your guitar with it.

ZombieParts
Jul 18, 2009

Spanish Manlove posted:

I love looking up high gain, metal targeted gear on youtube and watching bluesdad riffs played on them

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6XnDsKdrVdU

I love the part where the guy from Bogner just nonchalantly bags on the Fender Amp for not being sturdy enough to handle the bass of the pedal. "you can turn the bass down or if you had a sturdier amp like a Marshall it would be able to handle it" lol

ZombieParts
Jul 18, 2009

darkwasthenight posted:

Whatever you feel most comfortable playing and will bring the best performance out of you. I can get by with a 15 watt 110, but I'll happily admit it doesn't have the bass response and feel of a high power 412 onstage even if you can't tell the difference out front, and a metal or djent player is going to want that.

Depends where you want to compromise with weight and price too. I am lazy, and know I can get by on monitors and my Roland keyboard for organ gigs; but that doesn't mean if I wouldn't be touring a B3 and Leslie 122 if I had the stage-space and roadies for them. Like that guy said, gear is fun.

No, you can totally tell the difference out front. Your stage volume is going to be hosed if your little baby amps can't even keep up with the drums. And monitors are not going to make up for that enormous gap in the sound, nor are they meant to. The singer would be hosed if he had to sit there with the guitars blasting in his face the whole show. lol. Your band would have a huge U of sound with only the clattering of the drums and the mewling of tiny amps coming up the middle.

ZombieParts
Jul 18, 2009

darkwasthenight posted:

Sorry you play venues small enough to still hear the stage volume over the PA mate.

lol drat right you hear my amp

ZombieParts
Jul 18, 2009

Verizian posted:

I never realised before how much I want something like this.Except neck through construction and block inlays in purple and cream.

http://brawer.com/2011/01/gibson-sg-jazzmaster-tremolo-mastery-bridge-need-we-say-more/

I'd probably get used to it but I feel like tha pickup selector would get hit a lot

ZombieParts
Jul 18, 2009

Jake E Lee's vocalist sings the wrong song for the first three and a half minutes.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k7HulGDkgYM

ZombieParts
Jul 18, 2009

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vv-TdjJY6rw

Mustaine fires his guitar tech and then makes a video about it

ZombieParts
Jul 18, 2009

yeah, what the gently caress are they thinking putting out a strat with a reverse headstock like that

ZombieParts
Jul 18, 2009

Harry in Rio posted:

It has a narrow body at the bout, but it's exaggerated by the inlay. It reminded me of the Gibson Nighthawk in terms of shape. Only, way loving more expensive with only that one bucker.

yeah if it had two buckers it'd be totally worth it.

Check out this guy kicking someone in the face
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C4MBSoId6_I

ZombieParts
Jul 18, 2009

Sockington posted:

Reverse Thunderbird then :downs:

that guy looks cool as gently caress.

ZombieParts
Jul 18, 2009

Allen Wren posted:

On the same page as that 7-string SG is this man's six grand custom LP which is basically a LP with mismatched knobs, a stupid burst finish and a bigsby. gently caress this guy and his bloozeface.

That's pretty much the guitar I bought but I got dirty lemon instead of Iced Tea burst

dirty lemon just sounds so much better when you plug it in

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ZombieParts
Jul 18, 2009

So they released a 20 watt version of the Jubilee and commenters on YouTube are posting "It would have been better if it was a JCM800" :stare:

• Locked thread