Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Cool Blue Reason
Jan 7, 2010

by Lowtax

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cool Blue Reason
Jan 7, 2010

by Lowtax
this thread is garbage as is everyone in it an the only good post was the one I made where I outed the les paul as the ugly monstrosity it is

Cool Blue Reason
Jan 7, 2010

by Lowtax

Dewgy posted:

i enjoy having many fairly similar acoustics, but you can't really screw with a dreadnought visually too much; sound strings and feel can all be pretty vastly different though, no clue on the identical electrics thing unless you like, think one is pretty or something dumb

also that ouya thing took me like six or seven takes to get right because i didn't like how it came out

this took one

sorry for the poo poo sound quality my neil young impersonation sucks and this was just the iphone sound recorder with a podcasting mic i use on my ps4

e: have i contributed to music yet am i smart music guy now

thats loving embarrassing that you posted that

Cool Blue Reason
Jan 7, 2010

by Lowtax

iostream.h posted:

Absolutely right, that's why I've started using an 11 Rack for 99% of my gigging. It lets met get really close to most of the sounds I need (in a cover band there's a lot of different tones) and the only people who can tell I'm using modeling are other musicians who just stand there with their arms crossed being snotty anyway, gently caress 'em, it takes me 10 minutes to set up and break down.

For gigs where we can really turn it up and have some fun sure, I'll break out the half stack and all but mostly, 11 Rack into the PA, that's it.

How does something like the eleven rack compare to AxeFX/other ridiculously expensive modeling racks?

Cool Blue Reason
Jan 7, 2010

by Lowtax

Brown Blitzkrieg posted:

Yo, I hate these songs because the mixing is loving awful and there's nothing clever about them.

I showed it to a professional jazz musician the first song and she said "It's the most boring song you've ever showed me"

grats on knowning a musician

Cool Blue Reason
Jan 7, 2010

by Lowtax
and also on knowing a girl :eyepop:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cool Blue Reason
Jan 7, 2010

by Lowtax

Dr. Faustus posted:

I'd rather not talk about anyone else around here because this thread is so negative there's not much that I can say about any of you that's nice. I'm not a narcissist (I know real, clinical narcissists in my own family and they are incredibly destructive, way more than a guitarist like myself anti-posting in an ugly guitar thread) and I feel bad when I let myself sink to insulting people. It feels great at first but then later I feel ashamed.
Narcissists, FYI, don't feel shame, ever.

this needs to end

• Locked thread