Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
BlitzkriegOfColour
Aug 22, 2010

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BlitzkriegOfColour
Aug 22, 2010

Dr. Faustus posted:

Woah. No comment.

I don't think it's lovely, but of course you all will.

It's called Everyman and I wrote it in 1994 but this is the latest version I recorded, sometime in 2003. I did this whole recording myself, using the home-made Strat-style and my lovely old Cort bass. The drums are from an old Roldand DR-5 and the vocals are all me. It was meant to be a kinda heavy King's X style blues:

http://tindeck.com/listen/smfs

Or if you don't like that, then you won't like this:

http://tindeck.com/listen/kjky

I have lots more. You'll hate all of it.

How about you just gently caress yourself?

Yo, I hate these songs because the mixing is loving awful and there's nothing clever about them.

I showed it to a professional jazz musician the first song and she said "It's the most boring song you've ever showed me"

BlitzkriegOfColour
Aug 22, 2010

Dr. Faustus posted:

I had to mix the thing on headphones and Cambridge Audio PC speakers, as that version was done on n-Track on a PC that was for gaming, not music. Also, I didn't have anyone to help me, so I had to program the drums, and do all the other parts myself. I'd rather have done it with a band but it wasn't feasible at the time.

It really shows. Why you would post it, though, is beyond me.

BlitzkriegOfColour
Aug 22, 2010

In about to make my own stoopid music poo poo - to whit, a double necker (guitar and bass combo, bass on bottom, 7 string guitar on top).

Will post pics when finished making this monstrosity.

BlitzkriegOfColour
Aug 22, 2010

White Dog Eggs posted:

can't remember the name of the album but it had a rotting corpse with a massive dick on the front.

Lol if you think that dick is massive, dude. That's a normal-sized dick. I am truly sorry for your lots.

Now I feel doubly bad for the girls who liked your CoF shirt.

BlitzkriegOfColour fucked around with this message at 13:59 on Jan 18, 2015

BlitzkriegOfColour
Aug 22, 2010

White dog eggs, I know that wood has no effect on electric guitar tone, but what about electric bass tone?

I ask because I'm building a combination bass and guitar hybrid from scratch and my hope is that by using the same pickups as a yamaha bb2200 I can get the same tone and sustain as Tony Kanal on the album tragic kingdom. C/d?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BlitzkriegOfColour
Aug 22, 2010

I can't imagine tuning that thing up in the air there all the time would be very good for your neck or patience

• Locked thread