Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dr. Faustus
Feb 18, 2001

Grimey Drawer

Ularg posted:

You think it'd give him perspective.
That was my first solid-body electric.
I put it there, upside-down, to remind me that I suck so I would practice more. It worked. I can play, now.

Also, all of you Steve Vai and Seafoam Green haters can go gently caress yourselves. The only guitar playing most of you can do is acoustic strumming and guitar video games.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr. Faustus
Feb 18, 2001

Grimey Drawer
There are tons of stereotypes out there. I love that D'Aquisto as much as my JEMs or my home-built Strat-style or my 1930's Martin Orchestra model, which, BTW, my Grandfather bought from Mel Bay in St. Louis and has passed down to me.

I know this is the new FYAD-lite so it's wrong to actually like anything, and tearing people down is the joy of the anonymous hater; but I come from a long line of musicians (guitarists specifically) and I enjoy a good song. I do not apologize for my taste, my honesty, or the fact that I am earnest about my music and my instruments. I've been around this place a long time and I am used to the negativity.

I can love a complex piece from a guy like Vai (really, hating on a performer who graduated from Berklee and started out with Frank Zappa and P.I.L.) or anything by Nirvana or Bela Fleck, from three-chord simplicity to crazy progressive stuff, from single note solos to the most terrifying virtuosity (e.g. Tommy Emmanuel or Michael Hedges or Robben Ford), I just follow my ears and I love music. Piano music, classical music, old Hip-Hop, acoustic wizardry, searing country/bluegrass, whatever owns.

I love a vintage Fender or Gibson as much as I love my pointy, cheesy Ibanezes (they were very much in vogue when I got serious about playing and we knew they were cheesy then) and they hold a special place in my heart.

There is no accounting for taste, true, but my final word here is that I love my guitars like my own children, and I have devoted 27 years to collecting this gear and learning to make music with it.

Thanks for your time. It's nice to see my collection getting so much attention, even if it's mostly just Crapslock et. al loving with me because I like my Xbox.

Dr. Faustus
Feb 18, 2001

Grimey Drawer

Yaldabaoth posted:

Going by quote count, Goons think the greatest crime you can commit against a guitar is paint it teal and put a loving handle on it.
It's Seafoam Green, not teal. It's based on an old car paint color Leo Fender used. Ford and Chevy both had versions, one was Seafoam Green and one was Surf Green.

Leo was a tightwad and used to buy up unused car paint at low prices to use on his guitars. It's a throwback to the surf era more than anything else.

Dr. Faustus
Feb 18, 2001

Grimey Drawer
Razor blade on the 12th fret, but you can't slash your wrists with it. Fail.

Dr. Faustus
Feb 18, 2001

Grimey Drawer

bunky posted:

post your music asap
After you.

Dylan-D posted:

sorry that your family line is a bunch of guitarists

probs should break the chain yourself and take up a respectable instrument
Quoth "Dylan."

Dr. Faustus
Feb 18, 2001

Grimey Drawer

Salt Fish posted:

Predamaged new guitar!

SO agreed. I hate relicing new guitars. It's just a poser move to establish fake cred.

Dr. Faustus
Feb 18, 2001

Grimey Drawer

causticBeet posted:

Lol r u for real
No, I actually think it's a good idea to drop $6,000 on a brand new $2,000 guitar that just came off the assembly line and then had $4,000 of UV light and chiseling and finish crackling done to it to make it look like it's 40 years old; so I can look like I've been playing since I was in the womb to show you how awesome I am before I even play the first bar of the song.

"Look how many years' worth of cigarettes have burned my headstock before I bought it last week!"

Dr. Faustus fucked around with this message at 03:00 on Dec 26, 2013

Dr. Faustus
Feb 18, 2001

Grimey Drawer

causticBeet posted:

You could have just said yes jfc
That would be too old GBS.

Dr. Faustus
Feb 18, 2001

Grimey Drawer

ZombieParts posted:

They're designed after famous artist guitars and some people want to own a replica of what that artist is using on stage. Or of a guitar they saw at Hard Rock or something. It's not to fake usage to try and get credit for the 'damage' on the guitar.
Nope. Some are reliced to match specific instruments, but you can order relicing on anything from the Custom Shop, and if you think it's not for fake cred then I've got bad news for you.

http://www.fender.com/custom-shop/store/

Horror Queefs posted:

also the guy who wrote the long serious post
"Horror Queefs," how many posters singled you out and put up pics of your personal guitars in this thread to attack you for your taste in instruments? I can't help that I'm being stalked by console warriors.

Vai isn't for everyone, that's cool. It was a different time when he hit the scene. I don't exactly look to GBS for informed discussion of guitarists or their instruments.

Dr. Faustus fucked around with this message at 04:44 on Dec 26, 2013

Dr. Faustus
Feb 18, 2001

Grimey Drawer

bunky posted:

i don't have anything to prove here you loving ding-dong. i've posted poo poo that i've been working on in the past and never came into a thread trying to stick up for my goofy guitar collection or whatever the gently caress it is you're doing here. you painted "you suck" on your volume knob so you wouldn't suck anymore and apparently that's all it took and now you don't suck. prove it.
That's all it took? So, the years of practice? Nevermind, here:

In 2001 the SA Musician's Lounge proposed a little solo contest. The idea was that you choose a backing track from a list of mp3s and then lay down a solo on the instrument of your choice. This was my entry, but the contest never actually happened.
I used my homebuilt Strat-style and the pair of Peavey combos that someone posted earlier. No effects, 75% gain, a little room reverb. I was going for a Robben Ford vibe but the chord progression was odd. As usual, a little EVH and Paul Gilbert found their way in there, but that's what I intended to share for the contest 12 years ago:

http://tindeck.com/listen/clxa

Later on, I was learning to use Reaper and Amplitube 3 on my laptop, and I decided to test out its Fender amps by trying to make a dual-amp setup to re-create the intro to Texas Flood. I programmed Toontrack drums, played bass, and played the guitar part. I stopped right where the vocals should start. Same ugly guitar.

http://tindeck.com/listen/mpih

And just for your amusement (horror), this is a live recording of me and a couple friends banging out the live version of Joe Satriani's "Memories" from his live EP. It's just my red Ibanez 770DX through a Rocktron Chameleon. This is the live mix right off the board. None of us could quite remember the whole tune so we took turns getting lost, but I still enjoy it.

http://tindeck.com/listen/mghk

That's this ugly guitar:

Sorry for ruining your thread. I'm still getting used to being stalked.

Dr. Faustus
Feb 18, 2001

Grimey Drawer

bunky posted:

ah ha, not clicking any of that poo poo. nice try dickbag. kick rocks.
*listens to every track*

Ularg posted:

This is the "Ugly Guitars" thread. You have ugly guitars. hth.
Every one of them is gorgeous.

Dr. Faustus
Feb 18, 2001

Grimey Drawer

ZombieParts posted:

The only way wood density won't matter is if you're playing a digital amp. those can make a top of the line les paul and a $50 guitar bought at walmart sound exactly the same. Then you're getting into the elitist $2500 tube stack versus the $450 digital amp debate
The gibbis hath spoken. The gibbis knows that dead spots on the fretboard, attack, sustain, moisture content, wood density and mass, finish type and thickness, and least of all timbre are relevant to the quality of a guitar. Aesthetics matter. Wood is just wood, dumbass.

It is known.

Dr. Faustus
Feb 18, 2001

Grimey Drawer

bunky posted:

*i'm lying and I clicked on everything and I owe you an apology*

Dr. Faustus
Feb 18, 2001

Grimey Drawer

number one pta fan posted:

you are THE WORST, :getout:
Only ugly posters in this thread.

Dr. Faustus
Feb 18, 2001

Grimey Drawer

bunky posted:

haha you edited my post how funny. go back to musicians lounge and let all those dudes jerk off your sweet guitar licks until you die a lonely death.
I am here by invitation (see pages one and two) so I might as well hang around and chill with you cool dudes.

Thanks for the compliment on my guitar licks. I'd love to hear your stuff sometime! Didn't you say you had posted works in progress somewhere? What gear did you play it on? Is it pretty? Any ugly guitars in it?

Link me some, it's only fair. I shared, it's your turn!

Dr. Faustus
Feb 18, 2001

Grimey Drawer

Fax Sr posted:

i'm not even convinced that having a set neck or neck-thru guitar is any better than an inexpensive bolt-on. plus repairs are easier with a bolt-on.
I doubt you could hear the difference in a band situation, but acoustically you'd probably notice the neck thru resonates better. Depends on a lot of variables, though.
Meant to add, you're definitely correct: repairs and upkeep are so much easier and cheaper with bolt-on necks. Some people just won't settle for less than neck-through, though. Musicians are finicky.

Dr. Faustus
Feb 18, 2001

Grimey Drawer

bunky posted:

you reek of trying. it's cute but sad. back away slowly, pumpkin.
Pumpkin?

Who did you say is trying?

edit: Wait, are you coming onto me?

Dr. Faustus fucked around with this message at 07:21 on Dec 27, 2013

Dr. Faustus
Feb 18, 2001

Grimey Drawer

bunky posted:

i'm always coming on to everyone. even you, "try-hard guitar guy."
Ok, whew. When a dude with an Aatrek fruit-hat calls me, "Pumpkin," it gives me a serious case of the, "Hey dude I'm 42 and, yeah, I'm into Star Trek but trust me, the stars won't align for us."

But you see, now you finally understand the "You Suck" on my old Kramer Striker 3000ST from 1988.
It was to motivate me to try hard. And I did, and the results, however feeble they might be, are online right here for you to pick apart. You won't, though; because you have nothing to come back with except hollow, catty, try-hard "the-bitch-is-back" retorts. To the back of the line with you.

Anything else you want to say, save it for PMs; because you've played your hand here and your bluff failed. Adios, Senora. Vayos con Dios.

Dr. Faustus
Feb 18, 2001

Grimey Drawer

comes along bort posted:

because he a man in his late forties totally showed that chick half his age what's what because she didn't spend her teenage years studiously learning the subtle mechanics of the floyd rose double-locking floating tremolo system transcribing Frank Zappa's music to notation, sending the sheet music and a demo tape from New Jersey to join his band, getting accepted until Frank found out he was too young to play adult clubs, but was told to come back when he was 21. In the meantime he went to the Berklee school of music, learned to sight-read, used that skill to learn piccolo and violin pieces, and then went on to play the coolest version of Paganini's (Violin) Caprice #5 ever committed to film on an electric guitar.

(For the uninitiated, Ralph is shown playing it, but Vai actually recorded it for the movie.)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b8eymimAV8k

Partially fixed.

O, and all you 7-string people? Yeah, that was Vai and Ibanez in 1989 when he first released it on an album, Korn was just forming. Look up "Passion and Warfare." Fucknag, the Chapman Stick has been around since at least 1974.

Bolek posted:

don't know why you're all mad at steve vai

Because they are ignorant as gently caress-all. Vibrato-arm tricks were novel and fun back then. So were crazy paint jobs, monkey-grips, and features no Strat-style had ever had like deep cutaways, cool tremelo routs, and awesome 24-fret necks with scalloped frets, tilted-back headstocks for better string tension, and great access to the high notes. But remember this is the ugly guitar thread so the era or the features mean nothing.

While I'm at it, let me tell you about a band called King's X whose bassist played a 12-string Hamer bass. They are the band that inspired all the drop-tuning bands you've pretty much ever heard of:
http://www.12stringbass.net/doug.htm

No offense, Bort, I love a few Steely Dan tunes but they're before my time. I like the solo to "Hey Nineteen," though. The chord progression is even cooler.

Dr. Faustus fucked around with this message at 09:30 on Dec 27, 2013

Dr. Faustus
Feb 18, 2001

Grimey Drawer

Spanish Manlove posted:

captain capslock i sincerely wish you would stop posting because you really fuckin suck

quote:

Cobalt60
:words: What is this music genre even called, really?
What do you mean? There are three tracks, and they are all extremely different. The first is literally some practice jazz-fusion backup track for people to jam over, to develop their ears and learn how to play over difficult chord progressions. It's an exercise, not a song. Would I listen to it? Well, I do, because I am pleased with what I played over it; but otherwise, no, I wouldn't. It's just a study aid.

The second track was just a proof-of-concept testing some recording gear. But it's clearly a texas blues, and if you'd like to hear the original, just google "Stevie Ray Vaughan Texas Flood" and you'll see it's a gorgeous 12-bar blues in G about a guy who's cut off from his girl by bad weather and he's down about it. I love that tune. I love the blues.

The third track is one of those 90's guitar-hero instrumentals played by three dudes who can't quite remember how it goes (me and two old bandmates). The original is very pretty, google "Joe Satriani Memories." I don't dig much of Satch's stuff, but that one stands out for me. That style of music was really big for awhile, then it faded away to a core (aging) audience represented by yours truly. You'll understand, someday, when the music of your youth makes people cringe and insult you. It's just part of growing up.

To sum up, I'm a guitarist. I listen to a lot of guitar players. But I also love a lot of other stuff which I won't mention because no matter what I say it'll just get mocked.

quote:

Ootrek
how can a man so humorless exist here for 12 years.
SA has changed a lot in 12 years. That post was in a games thread in response to a lot of rumor and speculation (some of which turned out to accurate, and some which didn't, and the rest is still developing.) But that one post is taken out of context in that it was a response to several pages of negativity and bitching, and I was attempting to lighten the mood and be reassuring. I'm not humorless at all.

Haven't you noticed what's happened since Halloween? Everybody is trying to be the new forums comedy superstar but all any of you know how to do is hate on everything. People who like games can only hate on games. Same with music, movies, books, any topic that comes up, it's all vitriol all the time. Sometimes it works for a cheap giggle but mostly it just turns into "kill the guy with the ball." It wasn't even this bad back in 2000 before GBS was really moderated and it was full of major drama vortexes, people still had fun, and there was room for more than one viewpoint.

I like to discuss things, I like to have a good time, I don't like to hate on poo poo. It's not my thing. I guess it's just hard to be lighthearted when the prevailing paradigm is a bunch of shut-ins trying to out-hate each other. I guess it's rubbing off on me.

And mclast you're crazy. Those instruments are beautiful and they can sound like just about any make or model of guitar out there, and I love them. I built that Strat-style in 1992 with my Dad, and was going to paint it but never got around to it. It's very dear to me.

And all of you people are still throwing around the term autism in a way that makes it completely meaningless. I like to post clear, concise ideas with proper punctuation and grammar. I respond to questions and comments directed at or about me. I enjoy how it drives some of you crazy, because you are usually completely unaware of the fact that if you'd just leave me alone, I'd go back to lurking Games and D&D and Musician's Lounge and the Book Barn. GBS 2.0 is a complete cesspool full of noise and cranky toddlers.

quote:

Frankenstyle
So you kids remember that if you want to make a living making music, the person you are is just as important as musician you are. And most importantly, don't be a Dr. Faustus.
I wouldn't have ever posted in this thread if certain stalkers hadn't posted my collection to insult it and me. Try to keep that in mind.

Dr. Faustus
Feb 18, 2001

Grimey Drawer

Irradiation posted:

Steve Vai got to play with David Lee Roth while he was probably blowing 2-3 eight balls a day and that's pretty cool tbh.

This, unironically.

Though Steve says he doesn't do drugs. He seems hippy-dippy enough to mean it, but I remember a story he or Satriani told about the two of them dropping acid in NJ together one time.

Also, I unironically enjoyed CC's last post. That guitar is very funny.

Dr. Faustus
Feb 18, 2001

Grimey Drawer

Salt Fish posted:

Post the story please.
I would be happy to, but it was from a dual Satch/Vai print interview in one of the guitar mags of the day (either Guitar For The Practicing Musician, Guitar World, or Guitar Player) and Google didn't help much. It was just a couple sentences in the whole interview.
For those who don't know (care) Steve Vai supposedly went to Joe Satriani with a guitar and a set of strings for his first guitar lesson, and they've been tight ever since.

http://tp.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=504926&page=9&pp=20

Dr. Faustus
Feb 18, 2001

Grimey Drawer
Thanks for asking. I don't want to get into it because it will start a bunch more poo poo.

Basically, there was a thread where we were talking about money and game consoles and stuff, and I posted some pics of my guitars for reasons that made sense in that thread. Then I got dogpiled and of course as soon as the UGLY GUITARS thread popped up, the first two pages contained those same pictures, posted by those same people; and I actually saw it coming before I even clicked on page one.

Let's not bother with it, because I am interested in remaining earnest and honest no matter how much it bothers some GBS posters; but I don't want to constantly war with people because the Internet Makes You Stupid.

PM me if you really care, but why would you?

Dr. Faustus
Feb 18, 2001

Grimey Drawer

bunky posted:

cool thanks for clarifying that you are probably crazy. no one is STALKING you and you should probably find your way out of gbs and possibly the internet in general.
I can't reason you out of a position you didn't reason yourself into.

I've been here 12 years and I don't need your directions, cool? Cool.

You're the stupid bitch who demanded more than you were willing or able to share and you're the one who doesn't know where you are.

cool thanks

Dr. Faustus
Feb 18, 2001

Grimey Drawer

bunky posted:

i just hear the twilight zone music whenever you post
Well then consider yourself sad, because every time I see this stupid poo poo:

...I hear the Squirrel Nut Zippers, and it amuses me.

Dr. Faustus
Feb 18, 2001

Grimey Drawer

Cobalt60 posted:

Wait I just want to make fun of this for one more sec. I find this reply confusing. I am a fan of jazz, I study it a bit, even. This cornball thrashing has nothing to do with even the most fringe of jazz.

I also love blues, as does almost anyone, seeing as it's a foundational form for most contemporary music. This cheese-dick noodling has nothing to do with blues, outside of 80s movies where the band is looking for a guitarist then they find one and boy can he thrash like there's no tomorrow and sure he has problems but we can deal with them and everyone is improved by course of the experience (soundtrack by Steve Vai*)

Also, these tracks are NOT extremely different. They all sound like an HBO Real Sex special about dudes having autistic masturbatory relations with their ugly guitars.

And, yes, that is the thread, so let's get back to it:

Of course you want to make fun of it, what else do you have to do? It's easy to judge when you can't actually play. Sour grapes.

You study jazz a bit? Jazz-fusion is a broad genre, and this was only a primer for practice; but you're bold enough to disparage it. What courage you possess! I must only imagine what you could do with that backing track, since you'll never have the courage to play something over it and share it with a hostile audience as I have here.

You love blues, this is my favorite part; but Texas Flood by Stevie Ray Vaughan is a mystery to you, so much that you confuse it with the movie Crossroads. Yes, your love of the blues is clearly evident. So much so that you can't tell the difference between it and Memories or the Caprice from the movie Crossroads.

I suggest to you that your ears are fundamentally broken and you should remain silent on all issues with respect to music, especially that music which is played on electric guitars, ugly or otherwise.

I say this as a friend.

Your opinion of what guitars are pretty or ugly are, of course, your own to make.

P.S. - YouTube "Robben Ford".

P.P.S. - Just for the record, which of you guitar connoisseurs are about to step up and say SRV is a lovely hack? Which of you want to go on record against Robben Ford or Ty Tabor or Eric Johnson?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tWLw7nozO_U SRV - Texas Flood
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OR_cY9-3o40 SRV - I Ain't Gone n' Give Up On Love
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vlTlUCluxvc King's X at Woodstock '94 - Over My Head
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wDudtQkdkd8 King's X at Woodstock '94 - Black Flag
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MOkeYT62T1k Robben Ford and the Blue Line- Politician (93)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XontsTA2zaU Robben Ford and the Blue Line - Worried Life Blues (93)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JYSPFmSn7dI Eric Johnson - Desert rose
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yiq-P86PDMg Eric Johnson - Trademark - 2006

VVV Should use the past-tense, since he's dead.

Dr. Faustus fucked around with this message at 09:46 on Dec 28, 2013

Dr. Faustus
Feb 18, 2001

Grimey Drawer
You left out the best parts.

Dr. Faustus
Feb 18, 2001

Grimey Drawer
Booo.
I disagree.

Dr. Faustus
Feb 18, 2001

Grimey Drawer

culdesac posted:

why are you doing this faustus
please stop
Say it like you mean it, culdesac.

Dr. Faustus
Feb 18, 2001

Grimey Drawer

culdesac posted:

why are you doing this faustus

please stop
I'll put it in terms you understand.

You and your bitter buddies leave me out of your stupid GBS threads, just don't mention me or reference me with pics or quotations.

I'll go lurk my usual places and I won't be back.

Let's make a deal. I don't want to see you any more than you want to see me.

Dr. Faustus
Feb 18, 2001

Grimey Drawer

Box of Trial posted:

have you ever heard of the streisand effect?
I read Popehat, so yeah I am aware of that phenomenon. There's this thing, though...

You go on singling me out, and I'll go on posting in your threads. I know how much you love that, since I became "he whom shall not be named."

See how that works?

Of course you don't, because you're a stupid shithead.

Have it your way.

:ironicat:

homeless snail posted:

Your guitar looks stupid.

Go gently caress yourself, you know nothing.

Dr. Faustus
Feb 18, 2001

Grimey Drawer

Funkz posted:

are you really threatening to post in gbs 2.1? im literally shaking
It seems to bother a lot of GBS 2.1 posters.

Dr. Faustus
Feb 18, 2001

Grimey Drawer

Funkz posted:

more like no one is taking you seriously
Seriously enough that you can't shut the gently caress up.

fedora or whatever

Dr. Faustus
Feb 18, 2001

Grimey Drawer
lol if you talk about guitars but can't play

Dr. Faustus
Feb 18, 2001

Grimey Drawer
Thanks for repeating my message to the masses.

Dr. Faustus
Feb 18, 2001

Grimey Drawer
Transfixed?

Dr. Faustus
Feb 18, 2001

Grimey Drawer
Transtremmed?

Dr. Faustus
Feb 18, 2001

Grimey Drawer
That ain't cool.

P.S.

homeless snail I demand to see your credentials immediately.

Dr. Faustus fucked around with this message at 11:43 on Dec 28, 2013

Dr. Faustus
Feb 18, 2001

Grimey Drawer

ZombieParts posted:

it doesn't matter how ugly your guitars are if you're playing digital anyway because people that play that poo poo aren't serious anyway

50 watt stereo tube combos with a stereo rack and MIDI control rig:

...aaaand, back to you, homeless snail.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr. Faustus
Feb 18, 2001

Grimey Drawer

Dewgy posted:

i actually opened this thread hoping to make fun of faustus' lovely guitars and boring hypertechnical playing and holy poo poo this thread has delivered

You think I didn't know this, despite my guitar collection showing up on pages one and two.

This is what you wanted, and you got it. Are you pleased?

Frankenstyle posted:

All alone in a room. No band. No Friends. If a song gets recorded in a forest and no one is there to hear, who cares?

Sad.

LOL that's my home. I play out with friends and lend out my gear because people love it.
You're like that Vulcan kid from the Trek movie: "His human eyes... they look sad..." :(

homeless snail posted:

nice guitar store you got there, but can you play them?? I'm going to need to hear some tracks, doc
I know this has to be a joke since this has been done in this thread already, but I'll humor you anyway:

All stereo tube amp rig:

SA Solo Contest Entry from 2001 (I only played the solos, the backing track came from Musician's Lounge) playing the Strat-style that I built with my Dad back in 1992, through the combo tube amps, 75% gain, no effects except a little room 'verb added via software.

This guitar:
:

The track: http://tindeck.com/listen/clxa

A laptop recording demo, the intro to SRV's Texas Flood (Just the intro: I programmed the drums, played the bass and the same Strat-style guitar through Amplitube 3 to see how the Fenders sounded in software, I programmed a dual Fender amp setup and played bass through a VT Bass pedal):

http://tindeck.com/listen/mpih

And a recording of me and my pals doing Satriani's live version of "Memories," also live off the mixing board at a band reunion. You can hear us each getting lost, so it's not perfect.
I only brought a guitar, so I used my bassist's Rocktron Chameleon and we just went for it:

That was this Ibanez RG770DX which I bought as a backup for my original JEM77FP:

The track: http://tindeck.com/listen/mghk

Hope you like.

Just for fun, here's a tortured version of Cult of Personality, also live off the board (using the tube combos):
http://tindeck.com/listen/ejzq

Dr. Faustus fucked around with this message at 12:27 on Dec 28, 2013

• Locked thread