Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Funambulist
Aug 3, 2012

The Gloaming posted:

I, too, hate people who like Steve Vai. People who say that "G3" or whatever is the best band ever are always insufferable music snobs. Soon leads to being told how awful Kurt Cobain was.

i remember when i was hugely into prog metal and shred

i still thought steve vai was the dorkiest motherfucker on earth

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Funambulist
Aug 3, 2012

Three-Phase posted:

Is that Andrew WK?

think so

im hoping that was an ironypost because andrew wk fuckin rules

Funambulist
Aug 3, 2012

ZombieParts posted:

Steve Vai is really good at releasing albums with only one good song on them if that. And playing ugly guitars

i was listening to one of his albums way back when i was 17 and crazy about all that stuff

and this really dumb spoken word bit came on, in super deep serious voice

"WE MAY BE HUMAN, BUT WE'RE STILL ANIMALS"

and i went hahaha holy poo poo

has he gotten any less cringeworthy at trying to be Serious And Thought Provoking; like i remember the music was alright but the occasional Deep Thought From Steve Vai was just uhhhhh

Funambulist
Aug 3, 2012

Salt Fish posted:

Flying V is a great guitar. Light, sits super comfortably with a strap, sounds good. Get one and play it standing up because thats how you should practice anyway.

flying vs are pretty cool but im a giant baby who plays light comfortable guitars and not huge chunks of wood like les pauls

Funambulist
Aug 3, 2012

comes along bort posted:

http://www.fender.com/features/fender-wines/

Subjected to only the most particular of soil and climate conditions, harvested and filtered to discerning specifications, and stored exclusively in 40% new French Oak barrels. FenderŪ wines are produced with the same attentiveness and consistency as each of our historic instruments. Grown on hillsides throughout the Sonoma region of California, this 2012 vintage produced a collection of ripe, juicy wines that speak to the level of quality, prestige and character for which Fender instruments are known. Like our classic guitars and the sonic formulas from which they're born, each of these distinguished wines affirms that some things truly get better with age.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Funambulist
Aug 3, 2012

Harry in Rio posted:

teisco beat vai to the punch

the prosecution rests, your honor

1st one looks like a rejected prototype for the jazzmaster and jazzmasters rule

• Locked thread