Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Alec Bald Snatch
Sep 12, 2012

by exmarx

stillvisions posted:

I had my run in with MY PRECIOUS TONE at a local music shop - I was going in to look for a baritone guitar (sadly the one they had wasn't doing it for me) and this kid who looked and sounded about 15 or so was arguing with his parents that the amp they would let him buy couldn't possibly replicate THE BROWN SOUND and how he needed way more for it. He was rambling that he needed Frankenstein What surprised me the most is I would expect newer kids to have moved on to some new hotness of sound to worship, but instead they're still on that.

Tone. Tone never changes.

they're a dying breed

literally; that kid is probably gonna remain a virgin well into his 20s

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alec Bald Snatch
Sep 12, 2012

by exmarx
when did steampunk become shorthand for dressing like les claypool fell into a hardware store bin

Alec Bald Snatch
Sep 12, 2012

by exmarx

Antivehicular posted:

I'm a fan of the goggles that can't fit over their glasses. I know glasses-compliant safety gear is ugly and clunky, but c'mon, dudes. Commit to your Bedazzled Scientist/Imperialism Apologist schtick.

i only fucks with iso-9001 certified steampunk

Alec Bald Snatch
Sep 12, 2012

by exmarx

...and the pitch! posted:

edit: sorry if mentioning that band triggers any ear worms

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=32FB-gYr49Y

• Locked thread