Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Fax Sender
Aug 11, 2013

kiss my ass

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fax Sender
Aug 11, 2013

kiss my ass
yo gibson qa aside does the thread deem the 2014 les paul melody maker good or poo poo?

Fax Sender
Aug 11, 2013

kiss my ass
that poly finish is loving nasty

Fax Sender
Aug 11, 2013

kiss my ass
weird guitarist and minor youtube celebrity plays ugly guitar, spergs sperg out about it:
http://alembic.com/club/messages/394/109091.html?1329980072

Fax Sender
Aug 11, 2013

kiss my ass

mclast posted:

White Dog Eggs and I been in talks to make this a reality

gonna get my own station waguitar :3:

i need this. make the body that nasty oldsmobile green and make the pick guard veneer or something

Fax Sender
Aug 11, 2013

kiss my ass
its ugly yeah

Fax Sender
Aug 11, 2013

kiss my ass
i mean it probably gives you a ton of indie cred and as long as you enjoy playing it

Fax Sender
Aug 11, 2013

kiss my ass

woodch posted:

I think I played one of those in high school jazz band. I think it was called an "Eko" though. Straight up ugly guitar.

eko was just another brand of teisco

Fax Sender
Aug 11, 2013

kiss my ass

vrklgn posted:

Eko is an Italian brand and not another brand of Teisco!!!

oops youre right

Fax Sender
Aug 11, 2013

kiss my ass
I would play the one on the right

Fax Sender
Aug 11, 2013

kiss my ass
there's a dude on youtube that made a strat body out of loving particle board and it sounded exactly the same as the regular strat body

Fax Sender
Aug 11, 2013

kiss my ass
there's another guy that did another experiment that came up with a bolt-on neck having the best sustain compared to set-in and neck-thru. it was published in a magazine, but here's the summary: http://liutaiomottola.com/myth/neckJointSustain.htm

Fax Sender
Aug 11, 2013

kiss my ass
paulownia is light and cool for a body but it can have balance issues where the neck wants to point downwards

Fax Sender
Aug 11, 2013

kiss my ass
dont get me wrong tho id love a guitar that could sustain for miles. thatd be fun. we got that moog guitar thing now so

Fax Sender
Aug 11, 2013

kiss my ass

Declan MacManus posted:

There are lots and lots of under the radar companies that have obscure branding on them that are all up to the same level of build quality (although sometimes with inferior pickups or whatnot) because they all came from those factories, it's absurd

please tell me about some of these companies

Fax Sender
Aug 11, 2013

kiss my ass
what about the supposed lack of string pull on lace sensors tho?

Fax Sender
Aug 11, 2013

kiss my ass

Fax Sender
Aug 11, 2013

kiss my ass
second one down actually owns

Fax Sender
Aug 11, 2013

kiss my ass
men

Fax Sender
Aug 11, 2013

kiss my ass
I don't like clapton anymore

Fax Sender
Aug 11, 2013

kiss my ass
can you guess the genre someone plays by the guitar and pedals they use (also the drugs they use too)

Fax Sender
Aug 11, 2013

kiss my ass

Dewgy posted:

what is this and where can i get several of them?

yamaha tq5 fm synth. ebay i guess.

Fax Sender
Aug 11, 2013

kiss my ass
"organic"

Fax Sender
Aug 11, 2013

kiss my ass
is the epiphone valve jr good

Fax Sender
Aug 11, 2013

kiss my ass
i had forgotten about the ds10 until that quote

Fax Sender
Aug 11, 2013

kiss my ass

Aoi-chan posted:

Er, perhaps to the average Miku fan? I dunno, they're totally ignoring the M1 synth for DS and 3DS.

How does that pedal even get made, anyway, Vocaloid is a Yamaha product. The licensing must be a hilarious nightmare web of whatever voice talent studio owns the voice actress/Crypton/whoever holds the art copyrights/SEGA/Yamaha/etc.

iirc when i opened my old yamaha drum machine there was a big korg branded chip in it. yamaha used to own the majority of korg

Fax Sender
Aug 11, 2013

kiss my ass
are stetsbars good

Fax Sender
Aug 11, 2013

kiss my ass
what would do what a stetsbar does (be a trem without any routing) that isn't a bigsby and doesn't cost me just about as much as the rest of the parts for a stupid guitar (i am at a loss). everything is expensive.

Fax Sender
Aug 11, 2013

kiss my ass

Dirt posted:

Tremolo's are stupid and useless unless you are Jeff Beck.

Are you Jeff Beck? No? Then don't ruin your guitar routing it for a tremolo. Setsbar is the only non-routing option I know of. So you would probably have to route it.

Just buy a guitar with a floyd rose setup if you want to be a whammy bar superstar.

i am looking for more of a jangly surf type deal. i dont care about divebombs or anything like that. i guess i could get a cheap strat or something

Ferrous Wheel posted:

Fax Sender, what kind of bridge does your guitar currently have? There are a few cheap flat mount options, though the Stetsbar probably works better (one would hope at least). Guitar Fetish offers a fake Bigsby that might work okay. There's also a few trems designed to fit on stop tail posts if that's what you have, but they're usually expensive and I rarely see them used which makes me think they're not very good.

gently caress the haters, being able to add little wobbles to the occasional phrase is a basic human right. I hope you're planning to set up the whole guitar accordingly though, particularly the nut.

im building a tele and also have an old epiphone les paul. i kinda want to know all my options because i already have the vague idea that when the partscaster is done i might want to start another project, and maybe that'll be the one that gets a trem of some type, if i don't slap one on what i've already got. i don't think the epiphone is worth putting any money into, but maybe the tele.

Fax Sender
Aug 11, 2013

kiss my ass
what the gently caress kind of bridge is this
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Harmony-Teisco-Strat-Mustang-Punk-Funk-Noise-Guitar-/281439946045?pt=Guitar&hash=item418720c53d

Fax Sender
Aug 11, 2013

kiss my ass

White Dog Eggs posted:

I was just about to go to bed and some guy from a facebook group sent me a picture of something he'd just pulled out of a skip;

Love those nasty surplus light-switches.

gently caress intonation

Fax Sender
Aug 11, 2013

kiss my ass
http://www.aliexpress.com/item/The-...1772783261.html

Fax Sender
Aug 11, 2013

kiss my ass
i'm not quite sure i understand how that picture works out, perspective wise

Fax Sender
Aug 11, 2013

kiss my ass
spalt guitars always have those pickups made out of rocks or some poo poo actually its bone??

http://www.spaltinstruments.com/bonetop-pickups/

Fax Sender
Aug 11, 2013

kiss my ass

Dewgy posted:

hahaha 'so we needed to buy a new gate and didn't know what to do with the old one and said gently caress IT we ain't wastin' no good wood, here you go, six grand, limited edition, whatever"

i do kind of like it though i admit... :ohdear:

basically spalt guitars are regular wood with weird poo poo stuck with resin to the front. just about all of them are like that.

tbh id kind of want to do something like that

Fax Sender
Aug 11, 2013

kiss my ass
i cant really get worked up about faustus cuz if his re-wired super strats make him happy then hey whatever man.

i do get worked up about these light up chinese guitars though.

i need one badly.

kill me.

Fax Sender
Aug 11, 2013

kiss my ass
as a matter of fact i wish to buy no new instruments unless they are made out of some form of see through plastic

Fax Sender
Aug 11, 2013

kiss my ass

tacodaemon posted:

Get a see-through plastic zither full of märzen for Oktoberfest. Run two plastic tubes up to your mouth, one for drinking the beer and one for controlling your Talkbox. Let your roadie (you have a roadie, right?) switch the tubes back and forth on you so you have to guess which is which. Prost!

holy poo poo

Fax Sender
Aug 11, 2013

kiss my ass

unlawfulsoup posted:

Instead of Rhythm and Treble it should be Dr. Faustus and Seagal.

this is good

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fax Sender
Aug 11, 2013

kiss my ass
i think i am going to try to draw a fantasy guitar and i think everyone else should to so that we may be judged by that

• Locked thread