Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
XYZAB
Jun 29, 2003

HNNNNNGG!!

Three-Phase posted:

Is that Andrew WK?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9xxZjbfVlN8

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

XYZAB
Jun 29, 2003

HNNNNNGG!!

XYZAB
Jun 29, 2003

HNNNNNGG!!
SRV is a lovely hack.

XYZAB
Jun 29, 2003

HNNNNNGG!!

Dr. Faustus posted:

VVV Should use the past-tense, since he's dead.

No, because if I say "SRV was a lovely hack" that would imply that he got better.

XYZAB
Jun 29, 2003

HNNNNNGG!!
Transposed.

XYZAB
Jun 29, 2003

HNNNNNGG!!

stupid lawn dart guitars :buddy:

XYZAB
Jun 29, 2003

HNNNNNGG!!

XYZAB
Jun 29, 2003

HNNNNNGG!!
throw in a sus4

bitches love sus4

XYZAB
Jun 29, 2003

HNNNNNGG!!

XYZAB
Jun 29, 2003

HNNNNNGG!!

Cannot Find Server posted:

that poor g707 :qq:

i will own one of those stupid things someday

Don't. I owned one. It was a piece of poo poo. If you want to play one of the old 24 pin Roland synths just get a GK-1 and attach it to literally anything (a brick, a loaf of bread, a sea anemone, etc.) and it will be better than the G707. I got rid of the G707 and GR700 that I owned because it was so disappointing. Then a friend gave me a GK1 and GR700 and it's actually pretty drat rad hooked up through my beater Telecaster.

XYZAB fucked around with this message at 10:13 on Dec 31, 2013

XYZAB
Jun 29, 2003

HNNNNNGG!!

Cannot Find Server posted:

really? what was so disappointing about it? the only complaint i ever hear about the g707 is that it lacks a hex fuzz circuit, which can be modded in relatively easily.

For me it may have been down to how the guitar hadn't been that well kept in the 20+ years it had been around. It felt super light and the neck was bowed, but every attempt to adjust the neck just made it worse thanks to the "stabilizer" fin. If you can find a nice CLEAN example of a G707 that had been taken care of, maybe think about it, but I won't ever buy one again and I've got a GR700 with the revision v1.5 chip.

The Tao Jones posted:

What the HELL kind of pickups they got in there?

They're called boomerangs and were only ever used in the V2.

XYZAB fucked around with this message at 18:21 on Dec 31, 2013

XYZAB
Jun 29, 2003

HNNNNNGG!!
tane as gently caress

XYZAB
Jun 29, 2003

HNNNNNGG!!

Dirt posted:

Can we all agree that P90s are the best pickups though?

I have a dream of owning my own super ugly guitar :

I think it would be amazing. But I'd have to wire it some how so I could get 5 pickup positions.

Is that ugly? I own an Antigua Strat, so apparently I like ugly guitars.

e: Also the single piece wrap around bridge is better than the normal tune-o-matic

i got a p90 sg and it buzzes all the fuckin time. mini-hums here i come :argh:

XYZAB
Jun 29, 2003

HNNNNNGG!!

killhamster posted:

I just saw this in ML

whoever owns this must be a stupid idiot

XYZAB
Jun 29, 2003

HNNNNNGG!!

killhamster posted:

The most upsetting post in that thread was the dude who turned a Hammond organ into a guitar amp :(

Poor Decision Making Skills: The Thread (Musician Edition)

XYZAB
Jun 29, 2003

HNNNNNGG!!

Harry in Rio posted:

If you own an ugly guitar, you should video yourself doing something songy in it. Bonus points for a bitchin' solo.

Up the ante. If you do a really good piece of work and the thread abides, I'll mail you this perfectly working Boss Super Chorus Pedal (CH-1) that I completely hate if you live in the USA. If you live outside of that, I'll paypal you 20 bux.

Ugliest guitar = bonus points. I am not exempt from this poo poo. I have access to a loving really ugly guitar and I will submit an example. I don't want to win. I really don't.

We're mostly adults here so the voting will be pretty obvious. In the event of a tie or a deadlock, or we can't figure out who won, we'll go into another round or someshit.

If you don't receive the fuckin pedal or 20 bux I toxx clause myself (within 20 days of closing this competition) Worst example also wins some points. If you are so bad that you're amazing, you have to busk somewhere, and I don't give a gently caress if you live in Antarctica, you better get on some live web poo poo and busk there, fucko.

This competition closes on January 25th at 7 pm USA Eastern time.

quoted for posterity. as the person who owns that stinky telecaster with the d-tuna and a gibson reverse v i plan to win the gently caress out of this

XYZAB
Jun 29, 2003

HNNNNNGG!!

HollisBrown posted:

It's a hardtail actually. I really think the pickgaurd is original too, I've GIS'd it and I've seen aluminum pickgaurds on tiescos.

Tiescos are totally ugly but really endearing at the same time. They make totally bitchin slide guitars too. Most are unplayable anymore since they either didn't have trussrods, or if like this one, they do but are not adjustable.

edit:

I have a Teisco MJ-2L like this except red:

The frets are totally shot so I took it to a tech to get refretted and he was all like "yeah, because it's a bound neck, that's gonna cost a lot more than you likely paid for the guitar". so now it's my slide guitar :shobon:

XYZAB
Jun 29, 2003

HNNNNNGG!!

Dirt posted:

I realized pretty much all my favorite guitarists seem to play ugly guitars.

you shut your whore mouth, motorave belaires are pretty god drat rad. if you're going to post a motorave guitar, post this one:

XYZAB
Jun 29, 2003

HNNNNNGG!!

XYZAB
Jun 29, 2003

HNNNNNGG!!

Under the vegetable posted:

They make this in a left hand?

oh probably, email them about it. as far as I know every one of their guitars is built to order.

XYZAB fucked around with this message at 06:56 on Jan 21, 2014

XYZAB
Jun 29, 2003

HNNNNNGG!!

Thumposaurus posted:

That's a Billy Gibbons thing, still not that cool but at least it has a reason.

the neck pickup route on a tele is the best place to hide drugs (behind a pickguard with no neck pup route of course), and i couldn't recommend more converting a tele into an esquire explicitly for that purpose. think of the tone, etc.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

XYZAB
Jun 29, 2003

HNNNNNGG!!

sporklift posted:

My Univox Hi-Flier is in the shop after sitting for over a decade. Dead pickup and switch. Actually, this thread inspired me to finally fix it. I bought it years ago for a eighth + $50. Came with a crappy Peavy Backstage amp that cuts out after 20 minutes of playing. So the Eastwood is a copy of a Univox which is a knockoff Mosrite?

Given those univox style humbuckers and the univox style logo, yes, it's a clone of a clone of an original. Eastwood are gross rear end. Cobain liked the hi-flier, but even it was like the 70s version of what a Squier (spelled correctly, even) affinity strat is today.

• Locked thread