Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

Polo-Rican posted:

what's the point of owning a shitload of guitars if they're all ibanezes with the exact same pickup configuration argghhh

that's like a car collector who only buys 2003 dodge neons

Don't joke that's a real thing that happens.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

Neon SRT-4 like whoa.

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

Didn't the singer/guitarist for Helmet always play a pink ESP because it "sounded better?" LOL.

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

Albini admitted in an interview that his wife thinks he a huge sperg. Guitar strap QED.

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

Guys I, for reals, find all Danelectros to be beautiful. Especially Seiji's guitar.

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

No I think they meant after the focus was off you for half a second you tried to pull focus back to yourself. You don't have to do that anymore or ever. What would you have us do? Tell you your monkey handle guitar is not ugly? It's ugly. Not sorry.

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

Dr. Faustus posted:

It was over a week, not a "half-a-second."

The guitar is gorgeous, and if you have a different opinion, then you are a normal person with your own taste. I disagree, and I don't accept your judgment. Actually, you and all like you may shove your judgement up your rear end.

:)

The half-second I refer to is when anyone would talk about anything else you couldn't and can't handle it. It's really weird and creepy you keep posting about yourself so I was kind of hoping you'd stop posting. For you. For us. For Steve Vai.

Thank u god bless.

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

Steve Albini wears his straps in revolutionary FUTURE style. Yes he's an admitted sperg. Why?

Also, I love Travis Bean. Don't get the hate for it. :(

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

It's like they put Forrest Gump's leg braces on an acoustic marinated in spaghetti sauce.

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

White Dog Eggs posted:

That reminds me of a guy I built a guitar for a few years back, he wanted vintage wire for the electrics so he spent £150 on "genuine 60's Gibson vintage wire TONE" from ebay. £150 for less than a meter of semi-rotten cabling :psyduck:.

I bought a set of 1961 Jazzmaster pickups + wiring + pots/caps from ebay and of course I can't verify that poo poo with my limited knowledge. Luckily it wasn't too much and my Jazzmaster project actually sounds awesome so I probably lucked out. HURF DURF LET'S SPEND TOO MUCH FOR poo poo THAT'S PROBABLY MICROPHONIC AT THIS POINT!

I am older and wiser now.

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

Browsing ebay for "relic guitar" is hilarious/depraved.

This was just from the first page of results:

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

HollisBrown posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oWTiXQ4KV8g

Jesus look at this abortion of an instrument however

Sounds p good tho.

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

For all your Princely needs:

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

The first time my young mind saw David Bowie on tv he was playing a Steinberger and I thought how the gently caress could THAT guy supposedly be so cool?!

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

Snowy posted:

Even though I don't like Dinosaur Jr

Does not compute. :confused:

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

Snowy posted:

I just wasn't into that whole era of jangly college middle of the road alt rock :shrug: I'm actually listening to their early stuff now because I feel like I should at least have a little familiarity with the guys music if I get his guitar. It's sounding like it doesn't age especially well, kinda like a lot of Sub Pop.

at the time I was more into Melvinsy stuff or whatever other noise/metal/drone was around. To each his or her own, as they say.

Jangly? Middle of the road? Sorry you think REM is named Dinosaur Jr. Anyhow, agree to disagree because everyone is chill bros in this thread except that one guy.

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

Snowy posted:

Ok, maybe fuzzy middle-of-the-road college alt-rock? I'm not going to argue about opinions, but they just don't do it for me. Maybe with a different vocalist and if they started playing like they cared.

I kid.

Sorta.

This is a safe place. You are welcome here. :hugs:

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

Chalupa Joe posted:

Goddamn I want a Jazzmaster... but without the hassle of getting a left-handed one from Japan, or the expense of getting a custom shop one made.

Could do what I did and have someone like WDE put one together for you. There's a luthier/guitarmaker/whatever near me who has setup my guitars since I was a teenager that made a neck for me, Warmoth body, pickups/pots/wiring set from ebay, bridge, tuners, pickguard, painted, etc. all assembled for $800. A left-handed variant would cost exactly as much which is half the price of the LH price from Fender.

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

In high school I somehow acquired a les paul that had been "refinished" in elmer's and silver glitter. No lacquer or finish or whatever... just millions of now-sharpened-by-glue glitter blades. I only played it once... with my band at some backyard party because I thought it looked dumb-cool. Nary a knuckle was spared that night. Might as well have played a cheese grater.

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

That's part of the standing-up portion of the drum solo that goes forever.

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

I was watching the new Jim Jarmusch movie about vampires where they go to a White Hills show and what is the singer/guitarist playing?!?!?

PLYTONEWOOD

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

OMG the Gibson "Tone Glue" thing wasn't a joke. I'm going to go outside and stare at the sun now. :suicide:

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

C standard. Good enough for Matt Pike, good enough for me.

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

Clitch posted:

Ironically lovely stompbox paintjobs could probably support their own thread.

poo poo like recycled knobs off of old oscilloscopes and soviet era capacitors made of gulag labor and TONE are Hipster catnip.

Feel free to mock the pedal, but it sounds great when i turn it on:

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

fleshy echidna posted:

ARE PEOPLE READY FOR poo poo TO GET WACKY

IS THIS EVEN MUSIC, I DON'T KNOW YOU TELL ME

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ouxbu-bfbVY

Truly, California's Gold!

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

I dunno about all that prog poo poo I just want to be Creston Spiers: http://harveymilk.bandcamp.com/track/a-maelstrom-of-bad-decisions

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

The guy who made my neck does official Fender™ neck making™£¢™™£™ and gave me price break with the caveat I couldn't put a Fender™ sticker on the headstock. A weird condition but I really didn't/don't care.

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

That guitar is rad, pink and all. I would play my most Boris-esque riffs on that thing.

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

I love how it was a magazine for grandpa until 1984.

edit: Also, I love the article on Glenn Branca/No Wave. A rare misstep into substance for the ol' GW.

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

Remulak posted:

Hey Joni, put it all behind you.

Where the gently caress was that? Archive searches don't turn it up.

edit: Also, A Lee song reference means you must be a cool person let's be friends.

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

Holy smokes Oliver Ackermann of Death by Audio/A Place to Bury Strangers has an "interesting" setup:

http://otherbandsstuff.com/post/52734169908/a-place-to-bury-strangers-6-4-13

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

:canada:

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

I think I'm starting to feel the slightest bit of stockholm syndrome with this post. Some of these things (^^^^) are starting to look inexplicably... interesting. Halp.

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

Get your pick game tight. Just use Dunlop Gator Grip 1.5mm and beat that noisemaker till the joy feelings come.

edit: http://www.amazon.com/Dunlop-417R15-1-5mm-Gator-72-Pack/dp/B0032TWT96

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

But then I'd look like a coke vampire. :(

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

a kitten posted:

psssh

gabriela doesn't need a pick and she completely rocks
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ENBX_v1Po1Y

I don't have the life left to busk on the streets for 20 years to become a genius that is part of a brilliant duo. SORRY!!! :mexico: :ireland:

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

GHS .12s because I play C Standard. No big whoop.

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

Haha Clapton sucks. Joke's on them!

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

I'd buy a pedal from some of the folks in this thread.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

Sire Oblivion posted:

Under the inventions section is this jem (gem) of a guitar, behold gentlemen:

Dude was made for this thread.

Truly outrageous.