Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Nutsngum
Oct 9, 2004

I don't think it's nice, you laughing.

Scuzzm0nkey posted:

gently caress all the BC Rich and Dean haters in this thread. The pointier your guitar the more brutal your riffs, proven science. I'm shocked this thread made it this far without this steamer:

I hope Bruce Springsteen literally rapes you to death.

With his telecaster shaped penis.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nutsngum
Oct 9, 2004

saigon_15 posted:

Nobody who plays a telecaster should ever be taken seriously as a guitarist ever.

Slide a telecaster into your cavern like colon and ram yourself repeatedly into a stomach high guard rail thanks.

Nutsngum
Oct 9, 2004

Rhopunzel posted:

if you're listing what wood both the neck and body, what type of maple top finish it has (seriously, most people can tell, it's fine just saying "maple top" if anything, iirc they do little to nothing for the tone anyway) and where the guitar was made, you're sperging out. nobody cares.

most legendary tones were accomplished on stock guitars using regular normal wood (usually alder in the 80s iiirc). EVH's original frankenstrat cost $200 to make and its basis was a flawed discarded charvel body. robbin crosby spent years and thousands of dollars in the 80s commmissioning custom shop guitars searching for the "perfect tone" and nothing he used on later albums sounded better than their debut. dave mustaine switched to using korina for his Vs in the 90s (and still does iirc) and nothing sounds better than rust in peace. the configuration guns and roses used to record appetite for destruction with remains unknown - iirc some random person set it up using the studio's equipment and it was serendipitously that way, but even so wiki says slash used a les paul knockoff. "perfect tone" is a myth.

Angus Young apparently never modifies equipment as each instrument will inherently sound its own way and is neither good nor bad.. just what you want at the time.

Also helps being sickeningly rich as gently caress of course.

• Locked thread