Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Harakiri Potter
Oct 18, 2004

REACH HEAVEN THROUGH VIOLENCE BABY

bc rich makes pretty ugly guitars i mean look at that poo poo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Harakiri Potter
Oct 18, 2004

"We built this guitar for Kat Von D. Here is the story.
This guitar was commissioned by a band managed by Bam Margera, called The Moxy. It was given as a gift to Kay Von D on March 7, 2009 at The Note, a club in West Chester PA, owned by Bam Margera.. This was a party for Kat Von D's birthday, during her Book Signing tour. Many people had gifts ready, including Bam Margera's mother who had made an elegant cake.

This guitar was in my opinion not given the respect it deserved by Kat Von D, nor did she pay respect to many of the things planned for her on this night, She did her own thing, and ignored the trouble and expense of this event. When I was told to ship the guitar to her shop, by an assistant, I simply kept it for display. Here it is for sale.

The instrument plays wonderful, and is a work of art. From what I've seen, she is not."

lol he's asking 9000 bucks for that piece of poo poo

Harakiri Potter
Oct 18, 2004

so we all agree? steampunkers are horrible people and will share a level of hell adjacent to larpers ok aye/nay

Harakiri Potter
Oct 18, 2004

alaska and hawaii available for extra skrilla

Harakiri Potter
Oct 18, 2004

Dr. Faustus posted:

That was my first solid-body electric.
I put it there, upside-down, to remind me that I suck so I would practice more. It worked. I can play, now.

Also, all of you Steve Vai and Seafoam Green haters can go gently caress yourselves. The only guitar playing most of you can do is acoustic strumming and guitar video games.

that poor jazzbox is like what did i do why am i even here wtf

Harakiri Potter
Oct 18, 2004

Southern by looks, Korean by the grace of god

Harakiri Potter
Oct 18, 2004

Dr. Faustus posted:

SO agreed. I hate relicing new guitars. It's just a poser move to establish fake cred.

Harakiri Potter
Oct 18, 2004

remember to look for the frankstrat (tm) neckplate to insure you are getting the real mccoy, 1971 quarter not included

Harakiri Potter
Oct 18, 2004

comes along bort posted:

said it last page but bears repeating this isn't the serious ownage guitar thread. direct all discussion of the jackson king v, rhoades, dinky, soloist, warrior, kelly, ibanez xiphos, bc rich warbeast, dean ml, and associated guitars to the appropriate place

a fuckin xiphos, you have got to be kidding me lol, also a warbeast? i have a jackson kelly bass and it's hella ugly. it does sound terrific, but that thing is so goddamn ugly i'd rather be caught in public with my squier vintage modified jazz bass

xiphos is so loving pointy

jesus christ that belongs in a head shop with the ninja stars, right next to a fine selection of water tobacco pipes ffs

Harakiri Potter
Oct 18, 2004

http://tailpeace.com/product_purchase.html

put that tail piece on that '66 SG because the original just doesn't say anything about your personality like a cattle skull or a big rear end chrome snake, which are your spirit familiars on the astral plane

EDIT: If you don't know what this is...you must be a drummer.

Harakiri Potter fucked around with this message at 04:46 on Dec 26, 2013

Harakiri Potter
Oct 18, 2004

jesus died on a hill made entirely out of gravy

or diarrhea

Harakiri Potter
Oct 18, 2004

must post an ugly guitar if you're gonna post music

there's nothing ugly about the Epi Masterbilt, even if it was made in an orwellian hellhole

but then there's this

go city name sports team

https://soundcloud.com/harryinrio/epimasterbilt-1

Harakiri Potter
Oct 18, 2004

ffs p90s on that

you can't polish a turd

Harakiri Potter
Oct 18, 2004

Harakiri Potter
Oct 18, 2004

ZombieParts posted:

here's a wasted piece of wood

christ it has the aesthetics of a tramp stamp

Harakiri Potter
Oct 18, 2004

SearchForDelicious posted:

teles are some of the best looking and sounding guitars out there

Harakiri Potter
Oct 18, 2004

exactly what i expect from a country that was nuked in anger x 2

Harakiri Potter
Oct 18, 2004

Fax Sr posted:

sorry a lot of teiscos are awesome and i wont hear otherwise

teisco beat vai to the punch

the prosecution rests, your honor

Harakiri Potter
Oct 18, 2004

guys

stop fighting and look at carmen miranda. quite a dish!

put your flags down this is a party motherfuckers

Harakiri Potter
Oct 18, 2004

Cobalt60 posted:

Pray Queer
TIESCO

Harakiri Potter
Oct 18, 2004

Harakiri Potter
Oct 18, 2004

Cobalt60 posted:

Nice poo poo post, that guitar and all simple romantic-era guitars are sexy as fuch.

i don't think that was his point. russian folk guitars have 7 strings and there was some discussion about that earlier in the thread

oh vlad vysotsky, taken too soon from us

Harakiri Potter
Oct 18, 2004

Fair Hallion posted:

Gibson SGs aren't pretty but then there's these...

Gibson Zoot

I kinda like the coloured one though

man i love SG's... why? why do this to them?

Harakiri Potter
Oct 18, 2004

oh look, how darling, the bigsby arm and the pickup look like a little tin man giving me a nazi salute

Harakiri Potter
Oct 18, 2004

Got this in trade... been trying to sell it ever since. It's like a loving albatross around my neck. Sounds great, looks ridiculous on a middle aged man playing doom/stoner metal.

Harakiri Potter
Oct 18, 2004

Ootrek posted:

lmao i can't understand how you as a musician are so bad at taking negativity

i had a bass player once who was a total sperg. i had written a song that was essentially just a blues tune in the key of e major. i played an e chord, he had this neat run he did with f#, g#, like b and c#. when i played the c# chord, he went to f.. and i told him he needed to flatten that to an e, or try another approach, it didn't sound right.

he went off about music theory and how i didn't know a loving thing, that he was a classically trained pianist and i was a hack, so i told him to gently caress off. 3 weeks later and 2000 unanswered text messages from him i changed my number. he's finally gotten some professional help and is really into jesus now (the drugs are working)

Harakiri Potter
Oct 18, 2004

christ that looks like one of the abortions ronnie wood has been known to play

Harakiri Potter
Oct 18, 2004

Harakiri Potter
Oct 18, 2004

Lord Lilf posted:

Posting pics of my pen-...guitars.

An LTD H1007 that I adore just as much. My first seven-string and now I'm not sure how I ever played guitars with fewer strings.
Regular ol' tuning for this one:

i just have one complaint about the non-metal, pointy ESP/LTD guitars... do they have to put the loving model number inlayed on the 12th fret?

kinda tacky sometimes, innit?

Harakiri Potter
Oct 18, 2004

Fonzarelli posted:

somebody tell me how to stop being a little bitch guitarist and get some serious panty dropping chops

get an ibanez tube screamer

learn some pentatonic licks

write some songs and don't shower for a month

Harakiri Potter
Oct 18, 2004

Dr. Faustus posted:

You built a guitar out of raw materials.
Which one of them can post a video or an MP3 of their talent? (it won't happen, they're too terrified of their own)

ukuleles at dawn, 10 paces?

Harakiri Potter
Oct 18, 2004

Mineaiki posted:

Anime is a disease.

Harakiri Potter
Oct 18, 2004

cool blue i think you're a pretty rad dude but this poo poo is kinda hurtful bro ok

Harakiri Potter
Oct 18, 2004

Dr. Faustus posted:

those huge country pickguards mudflaps

Harakiri Potter
Oct 18, 2004

White Dog Eggs posted:

I've repaired a fair few Gibsons and the quality control is horrible. I've seen at least 4 guitars worth over £1000 that have fret issues (I have no idea how they put the frets in, but they weren't flat and it looked like they never had any levelling done, the fret buzz was insane), plastic nuts on £600 guitars, super-thick varnish and the inevitable head-stock issues.

a guy in a band that was opening up for my act was showing off his "black beauty framptoned" les paul custom in the green room. he had it fitted with 3 PAF's and was beaming about it. "i won't say how much i paid, but it was more than your car dude, ok?" then i was like dude i drive a volvo s60, eat a dick bro

5 minutes in he barely nicked the loving neck on a mic stand and SNAP-OLA, the loving neck broke kinda clean off and was suspended by the strings brooooong feeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee skrrrrrrrrrrrrr and out came the waterworks. a grown crying man cradling a broken guitar and he's in such shock he just starts to walk away, his shits feeding back, tears are streaming down his face

at first I was like oh fuckin no, but then i admit i laughed pretty hard, barely containing my poo poo and actually trying as hard as i could not to laugh, he walked right past me crying like a bitch (he was wearing makeup and had a total glam getup on, balding and pudgy new jersey italian) and i was willing to loan him my paul reed smith but he was nowhere to be found. seriously, his band could not find him and when the place closed they were still looking for the dude

Harakiri Potter
Oct 18, 2004

loooooool

Harakiri Potter
Oct 18, 2004

thanks for putting me into a death spiral

i cannot stop laughing holy poo poo

Harakiri Potter
Oct 18, 2004

Harakiri Potter
Oct 18, 2004

White Dog Eggs posted:

Hang on, are you saying that if failed at the neck joint? That's loving hilarious if Gibson are getting too cheap to use enough glue.

i'm pretty sure it broke like this, and the neck joint held, exposing yet another flaw in a gibson that cost probably $6000 dollar ffs

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Harakiri Potter
Oct 18, 2004

Rhopunzel posted:

are you literally a guitar luthier because thats pretty cool and ive always wanted to do that

lol at least it's not neck thru, i guess set necks at least have a chance of being fixed kind of?

yeah, i mean, i see a lot of les pauls and sgs that i know are the real deal because the loving headstock has already fallen off and been repaired

• Locked thread