Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Hobohemian
Sep 30, 2005

by XyloJW
Oh god, that's like a whole new level of ugly. That 5th one down makes me physically cringe.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hobohemian
Sep 30, 2005

by XyloJW

skander posted:

Just imagine the steampunk cosplay stage getup that goes along with it.

What did you do to that vintage vacuum tube amplifier?What did you do?

I also don't get the loving deal with the goggles either.

Hobohemian fucked around with this message at 21:53 on Dec 24, 2013

Hobohemian
Sep 30, 2005

by XyloJW

Harry in Rio posted:

so we all agree? steampunkers are horrible people and will share a level of hell adjacent to larpers ok aye/nay

After seeing that betrayal of taste Satan himself will apologize to Judas Iscariot and start gnawing at the intestines of all steampunkers for the rest of eternity.

Hobohemian
Sep 30, 2005

by XyloJW

Dr. Faustus posted:

It has never been my intention to be pretentious. I think it's sorta inevitable to come off that way when every comment aimed in your direction is a direct challenge to justify your purchase of and love for your instruments. I sing their praises because I love them and I defend them for the same reason.

I think it's more pretentious to preach about your "insider backstage knowledge" as if we've never hung around after a show and seen the men behind the curtain, or read interviews or watched lengthy YouTube videos dissecting every guitarist's rig in excruciating detail, from guitar to backline. No matter how much you like it, I will never put a computer between myself and my audience if I care about an authentic tone. If I don't, no prob I have a PODHD, let's jam.

It's also very funny how many people claim "nobody cares" about this or that, or that I don't know how I'm really being treated in this thread as if it isn't clearly obvious to everyone that they do, in fact, care enough to post and I know exactly what's going on here. It's GBS 2.1, realposters need not apply.

So I'm realposting. All I have to do is remain earnest and honest and it's infuriating people.

This is funny to me.

Hobohemian
Sep 30, 2005

by XyloJW
I don't know. I've never personally owned a Les Paul because it's not my style, but I respect it. The design stood the test of time, so you have to give it that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hobohemian
Sep 30, 2005

by XyloJW
I am a bad guitar player and I bought this recently:http://www.rondomusic.com/CETIP90bk.html Tell me experts, how ugly is this guitar?

• Locked thread