Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Nobby
Sep 10, 2006

Everyone cries when they're stabbed. There's no shame in that.
In a year of film that was pretty obsessed with the American Dream (Wolf of Wall Street, Spring Breakers, Hunger Games, Great Gatsby and Pain and Gain come to mind) I think this was my favorite of the lot, if only it chose to treat the whole thing as a malignant joke while still letting the characters fight back. I've never seen an out-and-out comedy presented this way, and it has a weird, off-kilter wavelength, but once I figured out what the movie was trying to do I had a loving blast. I feel the need to say I thought Amy Adams and Jennifer Lawrence were both mind-blowingly good, unlike several posters here. Adams was definitely the most grounded character and went through the most dramatic arc (and nicely, honestly underplayed; if Bale weren't there to say to bluster through similar dilemmas it'd be easy to misread her) without giving up being funny (sweet Jesus the bit where she got Cooper to cum in his pants. Also HAIR), and Lawrence was a complete scream. The men were excellent as well, but those two were just on another level entirely.

Nobby fucked around with this message at 09:14 on Jan 6, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread