Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Vargo
Dec 27, 2008

'Cuz it's KILLIN' ME!

origami posted:

I like looking at Amy Adams.

Synonamess Botch posted:

I want to shake the hand of the costume designer, for similar reasons

I'm not saying that you guys did this, but I want to nip this in the bud before it happens: DO NOT GET CREEPY ABOUT AMY ADAMS AND HER WARDROBE IN THIS THREAD

Crossposting from Gen Chat:

A non-douchey way to do this, would be to talk about how bizarre and cool the costume design is in American Hustle. Because Adams does look fantastic in the movie, and her wardrobe is really interesting character-wise. The character who conceals the most wears the outfits which conceal the least. Moreover, we're shown her actively choosing to wear these outfits, which probably says something about her character.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vargo
Dec 27, 2008

'Cuz it's KILLIN' ME!

Magic Hate Ball posted:

I totally jerked it to this movie.

DON'T TEST ME, HATE BALL!

Vargo
Dec 27, 2008

'Cuz it's KILLIN' ME!
Side note, it's pretty funny that a big part of this movie is Bradley Cooper trying to gently caress over a guy who's trying to help Camden, NJ. Being from Philadelphia in real life, Bradley Cooper has to be very aware of what a horrible hellhole Camden is today.

Vargo
Dec 27, 2008

'Cuz it's KILLIN' ME!
For the record, Current Releases has four writers. If I had written both reviews, Wolf would have come out ahead. Like I said early in the review, though, I just really like David O. Russell.

• Locked thread