Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

I caught this on the weekend and while I didn't think it was a bad movie per se. I think it lost its way sometime before the start of the third act. I also picked the lawyer not actually being the lawyer. I felt that was really phoned in and I thought that the movie could've ended neater by having a lot of fat trimmed away.

Something I read when flicking through the imdb page referred to Bale talking to O'Russell about the improv changing the flow and story of the movie and Russell said something to the effect "I care about characters, not stories" and it kind of twigged where the movie was bugging me.

Many of the bit parts and scenes were excellent, Bale playing off Lawrence and Cooper with the FBI boss and Louis in their meeting about the assault was great, but overall I found it a little difficult to identify with any of the characters and I can usually do that even when everyone on scream is a scumbag.

I dunno, what exactly specifically turned me off so to speak about the movie but I think the narrative got bogged down in so much interpersonal drama at the expense of the plot and occurrences that attracted me to the movie in the first place.

Also, I liked three kings, didn't appreciate the fighter at all and thought Silver linings playbook was decent, if unspectacular.

BlindSite fucked around with this message at 07:06 on Jan 9, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread