Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
waxluthor
May 28, 2003
New crime/comedy caper film from David O. Russell (The Fighter, Silver Linings Playbook) based on the FBI ABSCAM Operation in the late 70s to early 80s. Staring the actors you see in the poster below and also Louis CK, and Jack Huston (Richard from Boardwalk Empire).

IMDb - Trailer - Rotten Tomatoes: 94% - Wikipedia

Just got back from the theaters and surprised to find that there's no thread for this movie. Easily the best film I've seen this year. Great characters, acting, dialogues, and great script overall. Louis CK acted really well and stole all the scenes he was in. Fans of Boardwalk Empire will also get a kick out of seeing Richard kicking rear end and getting the girl.

Currently 94% on Rotten Tomatoes, go see it if you don't want to see standard holiday movies like Frozen or The Hobbit.

waxluthor fucked around with this message at 22:25 on Dec 25, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

waxluthor
May 28, 2003

Cole posted:

That movie poster in the OP has one of my biggest pet peeves in it. Not sure why it bothers me but the names of the cast should be in order according to the order they are standing in the actual picture. :argh:

I can't stand it too but when movie posters have the main actors appear somewhat in a line the names are almost never listed in same order. The names are always listed from left to right or top to bottom starting with the first billing actor/actress and ending with the person who gets the "With" and/or "And" billing if there is one. But the first billing actor/actress always either appears the biggest or near the middle.

Some examples:

waxluthor fucked around with this message at 13:13 on Dec 27, 2013

• Locked thread