Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Tatum Girlparts posted:

1- Go through mortuary school, not sure if I can have it totally done by new years next year but for sure I can be near done.
2- Write something.
3- Maybe start doing something productive other than being a huge loving nerdlord?????

Also this

1 - got massively delayed by outside forces but the process has begun so I'm counting partial credit.

2 - fail, nothing worth anything produced mainly due to the same outside factors.

3 - Yep, started a garden, got back into cooking/home brewing, generally started enjoying life more.

1.5 outta 3, personal best!

Low bar, whoo!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Error 404
Jul 17, 2009

MAGE CURES PLOT

Error 404 posted:

LET'S FUCKIN DO THIS!
  • 1. I finished 2 TG contests last year, this year I am gonna write a lot more. I will enter and finish at least 2 more TG contests.
  • 2. I am going to finally take my driver's test and be a fully-accredited menace on the roads. (stealing Fuego's)
  • 3. Since last March I've gone from 315lbs. to 265-270 lbs. This trend will continue, and I will maintain or increase muscle mass.
  • 4. I am going to earn at least $100 as a no-poo poo "game designer" by either making lists, or otherwise writing RPG stuff.
  • 5. I will learn loving photoshop and illustrator finally, and I will learn how to not be such a loving luddite when it comes to making art poo poo.
    5a. I will practice said art poo poo and offer my meager abilities to gently caress up fellow TGers' projects. :v: (if not this year, than next)
  • 6. I will attempt straight up fiction writing, I will have several short stories and maybe a novella this time next year.
  • 7. I will have the cutest and most awesome of the TG goonkids. (oh wait, I already have this one :smaug:)
  • 8. Edit: Drink a lot more.

I am so hosed. :suicide:

1. I did one contest, and started another. Half credit.
2. Still in progress, but maybe with my tax return.
3. Sitting at 230, and I regularly have to manhandle heavy poo poo at work alongside my regular workouts. gently caress yeah.
4. Nope, not yet. But I've got a couple things in progress. Half credit
5. In progress, learning layout and practicing basic lineart stuff. In progress.
6. Hahahaha no.
7. :smaug:
8. Actually, I pretty much quit drinking. No big deal.

nomadotto
Oct 25, 2010

Body of a Penguin
Soul of a Hero
Mind of a Lazy, Easily Distracted, Waste of Space

Wow, I actually did pretty well!

nomadotto posted:

Things I will totally accomplish in the new year include-

1) Get my PhD
2) Get a job
3) Run an 8K
4) Post more/Lurk less

1) Success, never have to deal with academic bullshit again.
2) Yup, non academic and everything.
3) I ran a 10K, so I totally crushed it.
4) I totally tried and failed to finish a F&F, so that's something!

Let's hope 2015 will continue the momentum.

Reene
Aug 26, 2005

:justpost:

Reene posted:

Get into graduate school.

Finish my monster of a 2-year-running Mage campaign.

Paint at least six things.

1. lol no
2. ALMOST
3. yes! yes!!!

ProfessorCirno
Feb 17, 2011

The strongest! The smartest!
The rightest!

ProfessorCirno posted:

- Get the gently caress out of Korea

DONE

:c00lbert:

Winson_Paine
Oct 27, 2000

Wait, something is wrong.

Winson_Paine posted:

You guys know how this works by now! Post your resolutions for the new year over the next couple weeks, then I move the thread to the VAULTS. Come next December, we can all see how we did.

My secret resolution to STOP MODDING was a crushing success

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

GorfZaplen posted:

1 - Get back into TradGame stuff and post more, I took a huge break this year.
2 - Run a game online, whether irc or PbP
3 - Lose weight. I'm not that bad right now, but if I don't nip it in the bud now it'll probably get bad later
4 - Join a live game group (this one is the least likely to pan out)

1 - This might be my first non-grogs.txt post here in over a year! A big failure.
2 - I am in a game as of today, so it's a technical failure, which is the best kind!
3 - Hooray! I went from 190 to 152 through diet and exercise.
4 - Haha, this never really panned out but I gave it a shot.

thocan
Jan 18, 2014
1. Lose some loving weight. I'm hovering around 275 right now, maybe a bit more. This poo poo needs to stop before I die.
2. Play more X-Wing. Should be easy, just need to find a convenient store.
3. Develop some kind of artistic skill. Maybe improve my mini painting. Maybe learn to play an instrument. Might be TG related, might not.
4. Find a place to live closer to work. 1.5hr commute each way right now. Cutting that out would make items 1-3 much easier.

neongrey
Feb 28, 2007

Plaguing your posts with incidental music.

neongrey posted:

3. I will pet a cat.
5. publish more stuff that I can put my real name on (trad or self, either or)

2/5, even though I don't publish under my real name it's stuff I can tell my dad about. And I believe I have the pettedest cat in the world.

bahamut
Jan 5, 2004

Curses from all directions!

bahamut posted:

1.) Complete The Ruined World, which is the setting/premade location book companion for Treasure Hunters.
2.) Complete the generic Circumstance System booklet, Base Circumstance.
3.) Create a new Circumstance System setting and setting-specific gimmick.
4.) Run an online game.
5.) Not drink more. (Drinking the about same is okay, though.)

Although I'd like to resolve to get the next Tale of Phantasmal Land done, I'm neither that bold nor confident

1-3.) I wound up doing pretty much nothing on this front because pretty much all of my design-time went to further Endless Adventures progress. The good news is that after four years, Endless Adventures is close to actually being done. The bad news is that it's not exactly marketable since it relies on copyrights I don't hold. My time would have been much better served following through working on the Circumstance System stuff I'd resolved to.

4.) Didn't do this, either. However, right near the end of this year I got roped into running a local campaign for a friend and a group of his co-workers/friends who are totally new to RPGs. In the process I've remembered the joys of GMing. So I'm going to count this as a win in my books.

5.) I'm still drinking about the same, I think. So not drinking more is good.

claw game handjob
Mar 27, 2007

pinch pinch scrape pinch
ow ow fuck it's caught
i'm bleeding
JESUS TURN IT OFF
WHY ARE YOU STILL SMILING

DARKSEID DICK PICS posted:

Finally make my "usual" tabletop group either schedule a session or kill off this undead campaign*. We're up to... jesus, a week shy of 6 months since we went on hiatus.

* so I can run other poo poo without them, if need be

Update: it died. As did my passion for anything tabletop related, period. The thought of anything to do with this hobby makes me a bit queasy now, I wish that were a joke.

gently caress 2014 right in its ear. For the coming year to be worse I would basically have to be caught in the Omega Sanction.

claw game handjob fucked around with this message at 12:54 on Jan 2, 2015

Dr. Lunchables
Dec 27, 2012

IRL DEBUFFED KOBOLD

Jesus, how many people aren't legally allowed to drive?

Fuego Fish
Dec 5, 2004

By tooth and claw!

Lord Frisk posted:

Jesus, how many people aren't legally allowed to drive?

I didn't practice enough when I was 17, then I went to university for four years where everything was in walking distance, then I found out I have depression which makes doing poo poo like that really hard (which explains why I didn't get it at 17), and now I'm doing my best to learn while also juggling a bunch of other responsibilities including trying to get my writing career off the ground :colbert:

It's really not much of a priority when you've got a reasonable public transit system on your doorstep, though. Also when you live with someone else who can drive :v:

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

The scarlet letter was her passport into regions where other women dared not tread. Shame, Despair, Solitude! These had been her teachers, stern and wild ones, and they had made her strong, but taught her much amiss.
Clapping Larry
My university was 70 miles from my house and 110 from my job, there was no way I could do without a car. The US is seriously more spread out once you get to the mid-west, but I can see why getting a license in Europe is not as critical.

ProfessorCirno
Feb 17, 2011

The strongest! The smartest!
The rightest!
It all comes down to where you live. When I was in San Francisco it wasn't too uncommon to not even get your license because a) you don't need to drive there, and that's good, because b) gently caress trying to drive there. When I taught in South Korea the idea of American high school students being super eager to drive was weird and alien to my middle school students; why would you WANT to drive? Especially so early? MEANWHILE IN SOUTHERN CALIFORNIA...

Bucnasti
Aug 14, 2012

I'll Fetch My Sarcasm Robes

ProfessorCirno posted:

b) gently caress trying to drive there.

I was in SF for the holidays, and my god it's like the city itself hates drivers.

Error 404
Jul 17, 2009

MAGE CURES PLOT

Update: it died. As did my passion for anything tabletop related, period. The thought of anything to do with this hobby makes me a bit queasy now, I wish that were a joke.

gently caress 2014 right in its ear. For the coming year to be worse I would basically have to be caught in the Omega Sanction.

Holy gently caress, what happened to so completely drive you out?

Dr. Lunchables
Dec 27, 2012

IRL DEBUFFED KOBOLD

I stayed far away from RPGs and played strictly board games. It improved my relationship with the hobby quite well.

mistaya
Oct 18, 2006

Cat of Wealth and Taste

mistaya posted:

In 2015 I want to:

-Still be GM'ing for Dresden Files
-Still be playing a bunch of Exalted
-Still be working no matter how much I hate my job
-Still be going to the gym 2-3 times a week, and looking like I have been

But those are maintaining stuff from 2013. As far as new things I want to:

-Get married (after 5+ years of being engaged)
-Get Gold on Summoner's Rift in League of Legends
-Finish a novel and start shopping it to publishers
-Get a lot of dental work I've been putting off taken care of
-Visit the family at least once (other side of the country)

3 for 4 on maintaining, and getting back to the gym again over the last couple weeks so I'll call it 3.5 for 4.
2 for five on new things, though I've got magazine articles published in the interim (not full novels) so I'll call it 2.5 for 5.

Not terrible! Could do better.

Spincut
Jan 14, 2008

Oh! OSHA gonna make you serve time!
'Cause you an occupational hazard tonight.

Spincut posted:

- I will finish a full-length RPG or board game and put it on Kickstarter (might as well shoot for the moon).
- I will start trying to get into shape (I think by doing the C25K thing like Rulebook Heavily).
- I will make money by making games or by writing.

Should be easy! :suicide:

Hmmm, #1 was definitely a nope.
#2 was...kind of but not really.
#3 was a yes! Yay!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Supreme Court
Feb 25, 2010

Pirate World: Nearly done!

The Supreme Court posted:

Products:
  • 1. Release Pirate World on time!
  • 2. Produce and sell Regicide
  • 3. Finish the drat novel!
Personal:
  • Boulder outside of Scotland
  • Get an internship
  • Pass all my exams!

Pirate World's text is finally finished, but nope to the rest of the products. Personal: yep, nope, yep!

• Locked thread