Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Auralsaurus Flex
Aug 3, 2012
  1. Stay on track in school.
  2. Get in shape.
  3. Decide to either quit my current home group (we just recently transitioned over to Pathfinder :suicide: [I'll give it a chance for now]) or try and convince people to use a different system, returning to the DM role if that's what it takes. Also do this without coming across as a dick about it.
  4. Regularly run one of the many non-mainstream games I own at my FLGS (multiple different one-shots and the like would also work).
  5. Complete an entry for one of the game design contests.
  6. Lurk less; post more.
  7. Play in an online game and be a proactive player.
  8. Revisit Stock Sharks—my only previous (and failed) contest entry—or get a considerable amount of work done on one of my other ideas.
  9. Stop drinking sugary drinks.
  10. Be a better player, GM, designer, and person.

Auralsaurus Flex fucked around with this message at 05:58 on Jan 1, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Auralsaurus Flex
Aug 3, 2012

Auralsaurus Flex posted:

1. Stay on track in school.
  2. Get in shape.
  3. Decide to either quit my current home group (we just recently transitioned over to Pathfinder :suicide: [I'll give it a chance for now]) or try and convince people to use a different system, returning to the DM role if that's what it takes. Also do this without coming across as a dick about it.
  4. Regularly run one of the many non-mainstream games I own at my FLGS (multiple different one-shots and the like would also work).
  5. Complete an entry for one of the game design contests.
  6. Lurk less; post more.
  7. Play in an online game and be a proactive player.
  8. Revisit Stock Sharks—my only previous (and failed) contest entry—or get a considerable amount of work done on one of my other ideas.
  9. Stop drinking sugary drinks.
  10. Be a better player, GM, designer, and person.
Let's see how I stacked up:
  1. Looks like I'm going to graduate this year, even after I decided to upgrade my minor to a second major. :toot:
  2. I stuck with this for a couple months and then fell off the horse. I'm not (and wasn't) overweight, but I would like to get into athletic shape again. I actually might be taking a running course as part of my academic schedule this semester, so having some built-in exercise time should be good for this re-resolution.
  3. I think I ended up going to maybe 3 or 4 sessions of Pathfinder in total before the group just kind of slowly died off, so mission accomplished, I guess? :unsmith:
  4. I'm pretty sure I failed at this. Haven't run anything consistently in quite some time, since commitments prevented me from participating in my regular Tuesday group over the summer and fall. I did run a relatively recent playtest of Twice as Bright, my entry for the April One-Page RPG Design Contest, which was one of the winners that month. But I don't think I've run too many other things than that, so the alternate objective is also out.
  5. See above. :toot:
  6. Nope.
  7. Hah!
  8. Didn't touch Stock Sharks; made some progress on other game ideas, but not what I'd call a "considerable amount", although I guess Twice as Bright might count?
  9. I believe I've limited my intake a bit, but ultimately failed here. I've got a good reusable water bottle now, so that should help in reattempting this goal.
    • Player? :iiam:
    • GM? Same.
    • Designer? A definite maybe.
    • Person? I think I've made some strides here, but there's always more room to grow.
20% ain't half bad. :smuggo:

• Locked thread