Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
22 Eargesplitten
Oct 10, 2010

Well, I got the Dusk. +chambering speed, -aim time, +reliability on a gun that will 1-shot anybody in any armor. I'm pretty sure the armor is keeper armor, so T9 fringe settlers. I could be wrong, but I'm pretty sure the armor is called keeper of the sun.

I'm getting better with the AKM, but I'm still leaning towards switching to the PP-19 once I hit T4 in scavengers in a few days. Lower recoil, almost the same damage. Only 2/3 the penetration, but faster RoF, and if I'm not mistaken armor is only good for two shots now anyway. Looking forward to the Remington 700 as well. My eyesight isn't good enough for reliable iron sight sniping.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DarkDobe
Jul 11, 2008

Things are looking up...

22 Eargesplitten posted:

Well, I got the Dusk. +chambering speed, -aim time, +reliability on a gun that will 1-shot anybody in any armor. I'm pretty sure the armor is keeper armor, so T9 fringe settlers. I could be wrong, but I'm pretty sure the armor is called keeper of the sun.

I'm getting better with the AKM, but I'm still leaning towards switching to the PP-19 once I hit T4 in scavengers in a few days. Lower recoil, almost the same damage. Only 2/3 the penetration, but faster RoF, and if I'm not mistaken armor is only good for two shots now anyway. Looking forward to the Remington 700 as well. My eyesight isn't good enough for reliable iron sight sniping.

Any idea where people get the silenced MP7?

Was a guy the other night running around with it - ludicrous for camping fuckery.

22 Eargesplitten
Oct 10, 2010

There's a silenced MP7? Never seen it, but I'm in T4 and only started a month ago. The scavengers get a silenced Kriss, though. That's a T10 weapon, but it has the highest DPS in the game, as far as I can tell, and a 30 round magazine. It's also got 45 pen, which I think is similar to the MP7? And it has a reflex sight. That, the Vz 58, and the Radon are why I'm going up scavengers now.

Dvsilverwing
Jan 17, 2009

First 10 solstice coins and I got the Dusk, lol. I would have rather gotten the armor, the Dusk is 4,000 rubles per full loadout of ammo.

Also, yes, I have an orange silenced MP7. You got it from participating in the first competitive league of Survarium. The last place tier got nothing, the next up got a standard silenced MP7, the next up got a blue silenced MP7, the next up a green, the next up an orange, and the top tier got a gold one with 4 stats.

22 Eargesplitten
Oct 10, 2010

When I hit 9 (in like 6 months), I want to run Dusk/Kriss with Terminator. Probably lose money, but gently caress it. They also fixed the bug where the Dusk and Keeper of the Sun armors take like 20,000 to fix from one game. Then maybe try for something keeping under 20kg for the other slot. Probably Kriss for that as well, since I'd want to have a full loadout of ammo and equipment to go with it, and the Kriss is as accurate as some of the assault rifles. And it's got the same or more pen than any AR except for the ASH-12 or the AK-12. Oh who am I kidding, that's going to get nerfed into the ground by the time I hit 9.

I'm planning on grinding some poo poo out over the weekend to try for the armor.

DarkDobe
Jul 11, 2008

Things are looking up...

Maybe one day the Kiparis will be reined in, too.
That thing is still a goddamned annoyance.

22 Eargesplitten
Oct 10, 2010

You mean it's still beautiful. Honestly, the stats aren't really out of line with other SMGs, it's just the other SMGs have lovely sights. It's right in the middle of the road for damage per second, average recoil, average magazine size. The AEK-919K has less magazine size, but more a higher RoF, giving it higher DPS. The Uzi has slightly more ammo, lower recoil, and more damage. The Kedr is literally identical except for the recoil being mirrored. But the Uzi has bulky sights with a big aperture, the Kedr has a narrower post with almost no hole, and the AEK-919K has pretty rudimentary sights similar to the AKs.

The fix is to allow weapon customization so you can put reflex sights on everything, but I wouldn't hold my breath on that.

Mr Fahrenheit
Dec 10, 2010

Travelin' at the speed of light.

DarkDobe posted:

Any idea where people get the silenced MP7?

It was their first Ranked Season reward. You can't upgrade them, and the quality one you get was based on your placements in that ranking. It used to be garbage, but that 55 armor pen it has now is absolutely stupid for man-shooting.

Dvsilverwing
Jan 17, 2009

This is my MP7 at the moment. It's pretty awesome, I could re-roll for the extra few percentages here and there but honestly it performs so well right now I don't feel that it's worth it.

Mr Fahrenheit
Dec 10, 2010

Goddamn, son, that is a murder tube. The only thing I'd replace is the damage, with either armor pen or reload speed. I bet that thing chews up people at a hilarious pace, but I've never been big on the damage upgrades on anything other than the bolt-actions and the shotguns.

EDIT: next Ranked ladder is up; rewards stack this time, and there is a free goodie bag at each tier (with better rewards in the bag at higher tiers). I'm starting to get consistently good players who follow objectives, and I think this one is ranked based on equipment tier somehow (not just like making it cost more in repairs, so higher tier players can use t9 and 10).

EDIT2: Don't do ranked, everyone who can google has ESP and Netlimiter now, so your chances of getting into a ranked match not filled with immortal, laser-LMG toting players is effectively nil.

Mr Fahrenheit fucked around with this message at 09:37 on Jul 7, 2015

black hold
Jan 30, 2015
Just been checking the ban lists, 3 waves yesterday so they are trying to curb this
https://eu.survarium.com/forum/eu-en/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=1219&sid=9a9454ca2dfe8fe1f44250bb5a665c16&start=240

22 Eargesplitten
Oct 10, 2010

What's ESP? Wallhack? Permanent radar?

black hold
Jan 30, 2015
It means that your outline or a box showing where you are can be seen through walls

Mr Fahrenheit
Dec 10, 2010

22 Eargesplitten posted:

What's ESP? Wallhack? Permanent radar?

It draws hitboxes, regardless if they are obstructed or not. So yeah, a wallhack. It'll usually have something that turns the boxes different colors if they are shootable or not, too. Many of the programs people are getting banned for are stuff like aimbots and no-recoil scripts, but the company won't say more on what's going on other than 'forbidden software'. I wish we knew what we were dealing with, so we can better weed out the people who are likely cheating from the players who are just good (or with awful ping).

Mr Fahrenheit fucked around with this message at 00:08 on Jul 8, 2015

Kitty Burger
May 23, 2005
Mmm, taste like kitty...
Perhaps I am late to the party but holy poo poo is match making broken. Like, even more broken than it was when I stopped playing 3 months ago. Why the flying gently caress when I have no profiles with gear higher than level 3 am I fighting people with MP7s and Kriss subguns?

22 Eargesplitten
Oct 10, 2010

What's the population like now? Before the patch, I had a couple games with people with ASH-12s, VALs, and the like. But since the patch, I didn't have any of that. I stopped playing a week and a half ago, though. Not quit, just haven't played recently. Maybe the population dropped after the solstice event.

Kitty Burger
May 23, 2005
Mmm, taste like kitty...

22 Eargesplitten posted:

What's the population like now? Before the patch, I had a couple games with people with ASH-12s, VALs, and the like. But since the patch, I didn't have any of that. I stopped playing a week and a half ago, though. Not quit, just haven't played recently. Maybe the population dropped after the solstice event.

Apparently I'm just a moron and I've been doing rated matches for league play, which is also broken. To be fair though, I've never waited more than a minute or two for the rated matches to start. I wish I had known about the solstice event. Could have used that suppressed sniper.

Mr Fahrenheit
Dec 10, 2010

Kitty Burger posted:

Apparently I'm just a moron and I've been doing rated matches for league play, which is also broken. To be fair though, I've never waited more than a minute or two for the rated matches to start.

Ranked matches don't use equipment ratings, so everyone starts at a basic rating and gains and loses points based off of how well they do. Sometimes you get dicked over pretty hard, other times there will be an entire teams worth of heavy armor dudes attracted to Sponges like moths wearing full Molot.

quote:

Could have used that suppressed sniper.

It isn't as good as it looks on paper; 6k for a full rack of ammo, and if you die while using it, it's like 800 - 1200 rubles to repair it per death. If you weren't already using a Vychlop or are some kind of savant, all it's good for is throwing money away. Only thing that makes using it worthwhile is the Ranked matches giving bonus Rubles, but since their rating system is hosed you probably won't get to sit in the 60% bonus rewards tier that makes it financially possible to use. What's your IGN, I'll add you next time I'm on and we can do some lower tiered stuff.

22 Eargesplitten
Oct 10, 2010

Is that the repair rate even after they fixed it? I know the repair cost was hosed at the beginning of the event.

Mr Fahrenheit
Dec 10, 2010

22 Eargesplitten posted:

Is that the repair rate even after they fixed it? I know the repair cost was hosed at the beginning of the event.

I don't know; I didn't use it during the event, only afterwards in the new ranked ladder. I heard it was atrocious back then, too, but the thought that it was actually worse than when I used it is just nuts.

Naturally Selected
Nov 28, 2007

by Cyrano4747
Made the mistake of installing this again.

Holy poo poo gently caress ranked matches straight in the rear end :stare: Aside from the killcam now showing me every 2nd person tracking through walls, it's just as hilariously bad as it was the first time around-and it seems that they forgot to activate the rank req auto-adjuster, so the top league is still something fucktarded like 1800+ rating.

At least I have an orange MP7 off of the last league, because it auto-adjusted at the very end? v:v:v

Also what the gently caress is the Kriss. Feels like it has zero drop-off, and I keep getting sniped across the map with it.

E: Oh and getting bypassed by the MM is awesome. Seeing 15-20 people in queue +/-1 tier, then seeing it drop back to 4 total, is all kinds of awesome.

Naturally Selected fucked around with this message at 02:32 on Jul 17, 2015

Alexander DeLarge
Dec 20, 2013
Is there any benefit to playing now versus waiting for freeroam?

Naturally Selected
Nov 28, 2007

by Cyrano4747

Alexander DeLarge posted:

Is there any benefit to playing now versus waiting for freeroam?

Not having to wait a few days past heat death of the universe when Star Citizen 2 is released?

22 Eargesplitten
Oct 10, 2010

Naturally Selected posted:

Also what the gently caress is the Kriss. Feels like it has zero drop-off, and I keep getting sniped across the map with it.

I'm not sure about the drop-off, but it's got low recoil, low-end assault rifle accuracy, and over 1k RPM. So yeah, it's really good. They nerfed it a little bit already, not sure how. It's probably getting hit even harder next time.

Is it bad that the most fun I've had has been T2, in Kiparis and Mosin land? I've got T4 at this point, but it's not as fun.

22 Eargesplitten fucked around with this message at 03:36 on Jul 17, 2015

Mr Fahrenheit
Dec 10, 2010

I've seen the Kiparis being used by people in full Pilgrim armor. That gun is stupid good, and will continue to be so until SMG's get nerfed again.

DarkDobe
Jul 11, 2008

Things are looking up...

I think my only real gun-problem are the Kriss and MP7, particularly the silenced editions.

Between their absolutely insane spray rate and the quiet nature, they are devastating a cut above any comparable weapon. Who cares if the bullets do less damage when six of them hit you in the head when the guy mouses towards you?

Of course, as a long-time SR2M user I can appreciate this, but the above guns just take it that much more into ridiculous territory.

Dvsilverwing
Jan 17, 2009

DarkDobe posted:

I think my only real gun-problem are the Kriss and MP7, particularly the silenced editions.

Between their absolutely insane spray rate and the quiet nature, they are devastating a cut above any comparable weapon. Who cares if the bullets do less damage when six of them hit you in the head when the guy mouses towards you?

Of course, as a long-time SR2M user I can appreciate this, but the above guns just take it that much more into ridiculous territory.

Mp7 doesn't have much on the Kriss, I get outdamaged by them every time, and get killed with it at ranges FAR longer than it should be able to be used at. Kriss is absolutely the best gun in the game, right now. Also the AS Val feels like it's about as accurate as a pellet gun with no rifling. Got one after a match, don't like it much.

Did 5 qualifier matches today, I went roughly 20-2 or 20-3 in all of them with 270-300 points, got put into researcher league. The gently caress is this?

DarkDobe
Jul 11, 2008

Things are looking up...

Dvsilverwing posted:

Mp7 doesn't have much on the Kriss, I get outdamaged by them every time, and get killed with it at ranges FAR longer than it should be able to be used at. Kriss is absolutely the best gun in the game, right now. Also the AS Val feels like it's about as accurate as a pellet gun with no rifling. Got one after a match, don't like it much.

Did 5 qualifier matches today, I went roughly 20-2 or 20-3 in all of them with 270-300 points, got put into researcher league. The gently caress is this?

I have the VAL and 9A91 recently found, and I seem to favour the former. Perhaps due to the VAL being nicely statted vs the vanilla 9A?

The Kriss is definitely in its own tier, but the silent MP7 is close behind and better than most others.

The more I play and rank (near a measly 1600 now) the more I notice the absolute prevalence of some four pieces of kit:

Kriss - The standard 'fast mover/scout' weapon, but used even by the 'mantanks'
PKP Pecheng - Used to devastating effect by the 'mantanks'
RGO grenades - Used by everyone
Landmines - Pooped out by everyone

Between those, I would say a good half of the kills in any given match are easily claimed. The RGO especially is such a massive improvement in capability that it becomes indispensable at tiers where all have it available.

DarkDobe fucked around with this message at 03:38 on Jul 28, 2015

Inoman
Aug 9, 2015
Looks like this game never got anywhere. Too bad, I really liked Stalker :/

StabMasterArson
May 31, 2011

http://www.escapefromtarkov.com/ this might be more what you're looking for if you're into stalker, someone do a trip report

Alexander DeLarge
Dec 20, 2013
They say they're going to show off freeplay in the near future and it will be released in 2016, but it doesn't change the fact that we've seen more from Tarkov in the 4 months since announcement than we've seen in 4 years of Survarium.

buglord
Jul 31, 2010

Cheating at a raffle? I sentence you to 1 year in jail! No! Two years! Three! Four! Five years! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!

Buglord

Avocados posted:

Game is kinda unplayable from the West Coast, as enemies jitter around at longer distances making aiming hard. :(

Two years since I made this post and it seems like the game is still hot poo. Why did I fall into the terrible trap of early access

Usenet Magic-User
Jun 13, 2010

They say they're going to show off freeplay in the near future and it will be released in 2016, but it doesn't change the fact that we've seen more from Tarkov in the 4 months since announcement than we've seen in 4 years of Survarium.

Speaking of why doesn't tarkov have a hype thread yet?

Triple A
Jul 14, 2010

Your sword, sahib.

Usenet Magic-User posted:

Because there's not much material released beyond suspiciously good looking trailers and gameplay footage?

Alexander DeLarge
Dec 20, 2013

Usenet Magic-User posted:

Because it wouldn't survive the games section and it doesn't belong in the MMO section. Potentially, Survarium's free play will.

Triple A
Jul 14, 2010

Your sword, sahib.

Because it wouldn't survive the games section and it doesn't belong in the MMO section. Potentially, Survarium's free play will.

That is, if it gets released before the end of 2018.

Alexander DeLarge
Dec 20, 2013

Triple A posted:

That is, if it gets released before the end of 2018.

I've been giving the devs tons of poo poo on Facebook about how we've seen more from a recently announced game than the freeplay mode (which is the reason anyone is interested in it) and they insist it'll be the focus of future devlogs after this upcoming 0.40 release. That's progress at least.

StabMasterArson
May 31, 2011

I'm amazed theyve spent so long on the lovely pvp side of things, 2 years on and it still feels like a total mess, amazingly unbalanced weapons etc
e: Right now the only good part about Survarium are the weird Adapter videos where a russian guy tells you how to survive in russia

StabMasterArson fucked around with this message at 19:36 on Feb 8, 2016

Jehde
Apr 21, 2010

They spent a long time on the PvP stuff because their primary market really liked it.

That Escape from Tarkov thing doesn't have anomalies or artifacts, but does have weapon jams and other gun nerd crap. I'll probably try it out but it won't be any sort of substitute for STALKER. Sound more like a The Division type of thing honestly.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Robot Randy
Dec 31, 2011

by Lowtax
The game played fine when they had the NA servers up. Hopefully closer to release they can afford to bring them back up

• Locked thread