Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Bolow
Feb 27, 2007

I bought the Ultimate steam pack for $20.

It gave me the $50 pack immediately, then today I logged back in and now I also have the $20 pack I originally bought :psyduck:

Guess that makes up for my 1000gold I bought like 5 months ago evaporating into the ether

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bolow
Feb 27, 2007

The loving Kiparis is goddamn bullshit and makes me agitated about video games

Also I'm so loving indecisive on picking Fringe or Renaissance Army

Bolow fucked around with this message at 22:39 on Apr 4, 2015

Bolow
Feb 27, 2007

Scavengers first is absolutely the way to go right now because the loving Kiparis is disgustingly good and the Scavenger Chest/Legs give you extra ammo which is pretty goddamn important

EDIT: Also bandages, and medkits and a whole host of other poo poo. The only thing the blackmarket really has is the AKS74U at the end of the tree and the rest of their weapons are kind of poo poo

Bolow fucked around with this message at 22:48 on Apr 5, 2015

Bolow
Feb 27, 2007

Well now I feel silly as poo poo trying to roll my chest and legs to carry extra ammo since apparently that is strictly a baseline modification

Bolow
Feb 27, 2007

I've played like 30 games or so since the steam launch and I've only gotten the Battery capture like 3 times and I've never seen the control point one

Bolow
Feb 27, 2007

.28 Devblog is out

https://na.survarium.com/na-en/news/version-028-preview

Looks interesting, wonder how all that tiering poo poo is going to shake out

Bolow
Feb 27, 2007

I tried like 5 minutes of sZone. Made my character look like someones dad spawned in and instantly got a headache.

It's loving atrocious

Bolow
Feb 27, 2007

What the hell does +1 Pocket mean

Bolow
Feb 27, 2007

Jehde posted:

I think it means you can carry an extra grenade/medkit/etc. Either that or an extra mag.

I have the same amount of ammunition with or without this +1 Pocket Capacity thing and I can't bring a second grenade.

EDIT: Holy poo poo nevermind I can actually bring a second usable item, I just didn't notice the empty black bar I had to click on to fill it. Jesus this UI is loving awful

Bolow fucked around with this message at 05:14 on Apr 11, 2015

Bolow
Feb 27, 2007

Just hit Sergeant in Ren Army, bought some cool Sokol gear and the SR-2M and the queues have literally ground to a halt now :negative:

Bolow
Feb 27, 2007

I swear the SKS sights are loving worthless, because I have an Orange quality SOK-94 that I can wreck the poo poo out of people with but I can't hit a goddamn thing with the SKS

Bolow
Feb 27, 2007

So my queues are either 10 minutes long where I get thrown into a Rank 0-2 match and curb check everyone with my SR-2M and lose anyway because my team is loving terrible, or I get an instant queue into Rank 15 match and get passed around like the prison bitch

Level 8 is a weird level...

Bolow fucked around with this message at 22:02 on Apr 13, 2015

Bolow
Feb 27, 2007

Been finishing up some last minute poo poo I wanted to grind out prior to the patch coming out in 2 weeks, about 1 more set of missions away from the RPD and I made this

Not quite perfect but it's actually really loving good with that rate of fire mod, and quite controllable.

Bolow
Feb 27, 2007

The current state of the game is largely irrelevant gameplay wise since the only thing that matters is the Freeplay mode, because that's the only game mode anyone gives an inkling of a poo poo about. Problem is they released the game a year early before they had a hope in hell to finish it Freeplay in time. I can appreciate why, since they likely needed an influx of cash.

The problem is a bunch of people are going to fed up with the current state of the game and just leave and likely won't come back no matter how good the freeplay mode is.

What I'm saying is Vostok's decision to launch the game well before Freeplay was even remotely ready is likely to be disastrous in the long term.

Bolow
Feb 27, 2007

.28 is on the test server. Looks like damage and armor values took a hit across the board except the end tier armor. SMG's have had their armor penetration gutted. SKS and SOK do significantly less damage and the WInchester's damage has been halved.

Bolow
Feb 27, 2007

Naturally Selected posted:

........:psyduck: What the poo poo? So... what? How is halving the Winchester's damage a good idea unless they're completely moving away from quick kills.

The Winchester is now a level 0 weapon for the Black Market so it's like an itty bitty lovely SKS/SOK now instead of a sniper rifle

Bolow
Feb 27, 2007

SMG's got loving gutted and it owns

Bolow
Feb 27, 2007

Just saw that they pushed 0.28 live-so did they drop down some ARs so you have viable mid-range weapons if you're not rocking all level 15 factions, or is it a case of playing rock paper scissors with shotguns or snipers?

E: Soooo yeah. Either however they calculate ping is hilariously optimistic or everyone else is connecting through moon-based VPNs. Hitreg on moving targets is nonexistent, only way I was getting kills is by spraying a 20-30 degree arc around the enemy and getting hits on the opposite edge of the arc from the model, and I'm constantly getting shot by people before I even see them turn the corner. "100 ping" in this game feels like 400+ in BF4.

E2: And then got stuck in the loot screen with no way to leave. :downsgun:

Oh and after being half a level away from a Vepr, and having both the Suchka and the AKM unlocked, I now am 2-3 levels away from any AR on the market. Super patch.

AKM isn't amazing but it's a solid alternative to the UMP which kicks all kinds of rear end. Especially against heavily armored people. Shotguns also seem to be absolutely dominating people right now

Bolow
Feb 27, 2007

Dvsilverwing posted:

How is the Socom, anyway? I assume it got a nerf of some sort when it went from super rare drop only to level 6 BM gear?

It's like the SOK-94 used to be but with worse recoil and a full auto setting

Bolow
Feb 27, 2007

I have +25% Range, +10% rate of fire and 6% increase reload speed on my Super 90 and I've had no problems cutting through swathes of people using buckshot even at assault rifle engagement ranges.

Bolow
Feb 27, 2007

Dvsilverwing posted:

Have you tried the Spas-12 by any chance? I like the extra rounds in the Spas 12 better than I do fire rate of the Benelli M4, it still fires as fast as you can click and with an extra 2 rounds you can finish off those long (probably soon to be nerfed) range kills.

Spas-12 is a full kilogram heavier which means I can bring one less box of shells, and stay under 20kg (I'm aware that 15kg is now the fastest you can be). And I've frequently run out of ammo with super 90 to justify bringing about 60 shells instead of only 40.

Bolow
Feb 27, 2007

If it's someone with the newbshield, about 5 +armor zubr's stacked one on top of the other.

E: Also, the SOCOM M14 doesn't have an FA mode, you all lied to me :arghfist::( Combined with it only doing 5 more damage than the AKM/AKSU, that's seriously hilarious.

Oh poo poo they took it away? It had it last patch :smith:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bolow
Feb 27, 2007

Have they fixed the US servers having bugged post match loot yet

• Locked thread