Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
DarkDobe
Jul 11, 2008

Things are looking up...

To those of you playing this I have some questions:

Is it possible to loot enemies for weapons? If so, how? --- NO IT IS NOT!
How does one equip grenades? I have purchased them but have no option to drag them onto my dude in the inventory. --- YOU NEED ARMOR WITH A 'ITEM SLOT' TO EQUIP INTO
Is there a melee feature? I don't see any option for it in the controls so I'm assuming no. --- NOT YET

Would be very much worthwhile to whip up a quick 'things to know' feature if anyone is willing to take the time.

My rubber coated man barbie sniper! Specialty is flanking through inaccessible areas and making a pest of myself.

DarkDobe fucked around with this message at 19:09 on Jan 6, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DarkDobe
Jul 11, 2008

Things are looking up...

Is anyone currently playing this? I would love some friends.
Already being accused of HAX after games like

I can lock down one side of the map, but my team can't pull through :(
I always try for a last-second raid on the enemy cache but they seem to have caught on to such dirty tactics.

To anyone not sold on this yet - it's WELL worth the ten bucks if any of the following apply to you:

A) You liked Stalker
B) You enjoy a more tactical manshoot - less run and gun, more careful infiltrations and plotting.
C) Some might consider this sinful of me to say: You loved CoD MW1 on Hardcore. This game is bringing back serious hardcore CoD vibes and I love it. MW1 had an abundance of sneakery and foliage to lurk around in and this game has it in spades!
D) You have fond memories of Far Cry / Crysis and associated jungle-shooting sniping games (not the lovely urban ones).
E) You want to take a break from BF4/CoD Ghosts or whathaveyou. It really is a whole different pace of game.

DarkDobe fucked around with this message at 20:05 on Jan 6, 2014

DarkDobe
Jul 11, 2008

Things are looking up...

(stupid double post)

DarkDobe
Jul 11, 2008

Things are looking up...

Stanley Pain posted:

What if I'm one of those really strange people who didn't like STALKER because the gun play felt terrible?

Then I don't think you'll like this one much? Really it is a matter of taste... I'd say it's quite stalker-ish currently, if a little more manageable.

DarkDobe
Jul 11, 2008

Things are looking up...

Cheston posted:

This honestly charmed me into wanting beta access, but it does look like a legit thing rather than just "poor Ukranian devs."

I'm sticking to the 'poor Ukranian devs need to eat too' explanation, though.
If anyone is in game, add me there! DarkDobe in there too obviously enough.

DarkDobe
Jul 11, 2008

Things are looking up...

jabro posted:

Man, the starter pistol is hilariously weak. I'm playing my first game right now. I unload a whole clip into people and they just turn around, shrug it off, and then light me up with whatever machine gun they have in like three shots.

Keep an eye out for people in the heavy armor jackets - they are still killable, but you need to be more careful with where you shoot. Usually 4-5 rounds will do even an armored opponent in, less if you hit the head.

That said - don't make the mistake I did and buy armor and such first. Save your money for a gun! Guns make for easier kills which makes getting the armor and kit far simpler. I did it rear end backwards and made things more difficult for myself.

That said, in regard to guns:
-The Fort 17 is a HUGE upgrade over the starter pistol, since it has almost double the capacity and identical stats otherwise. I recommend picking it up if you don't want to wait. Equip it to your 'left' side hand to make it primary and carry the Tokarev as a secondary to swap to - swapping is quicker than reloading, yes.
-Skip the revolver - it has a minor damage upgrade and slower fire rate, coupled with slower reload. More for flavour than anything in the current state.
-The hunting rifle is an amazing upgrade for the price - consider picking that up as your first buy!
-The R700 sniper rifle is very good, but does limit you drastically in close range engagements, as one might expect.
While the sawn off might seem good, skip it and get the Remington if it's a shotgun you're after - double the capacity and it is rather amazing and plugging people up to a surprising distance.
I have not purchased any of the automatics, as they do not appeal to my methods quite yet. Seems everyone and their grandma uses the AKS, though. Never seen anyone use the Uzi or the Vityaz.

So far as kit is concerned, I HIGHLY recommend picking up an Oxy tank. While active, it drastically increases your survivability in toxic areas, almost to the extent that a full kit of hazmat gear would without it. On a good few maps this allows you to run and flank through some dangerous area for a convenient short-cut.

Beware, though - the toxic damage is cumulative, and does not dissipate over time, so far as I can tell. Especially so the effects that tint your vision - like the waste gas area on No Signal (radar telescope level). Even with full hazmat kit, you can only survive one run through, so use it to attack the enemy base, or to escape - you won't survive a round trip!

DarkDobe
Jul 11, 2008

Things are looking up...

I've never had a problem with crates being wonky.
My problem is beartraps, especially beartraps that teammates set - since you cannot disarm those, and often enough they are planted in such a way that they block your route - usually out of enemy base with a box of parts!
There really ought to be some sort of indicator, and I'd say on the minimap, showing where team-mates have planted traps.

I've been using the vityaz as well, decided to buy that instead of an AKS because I want to be a snowflake. It's quite good, that said - I've been using FMJ ammo for it, considering the 10% damage drop is negligible vs the 10% armor penetration gain vs those targets where it really matters.

That said, my favourite thing right now is still the remington shotgun - that thing is a beast. While I love sniping a great deal, I adore pumping enemy dudes full of double-aught.

DarkDobe
Jul 11, 2008

Things are looking up...

On right now and for the next few hours - add me there!

DarkDobe
Jul 11, 2008

Things are looking up...

Avocados posted:

Aside from the crippling lag Im getting, this is a really cool game. It definitely has the COD4 vibes in all the good ways, but I kinda wish my hands weren't all floaty.

You mean the animations?
The run animations in particular are hilarious - especially the pistol.

I think that with a few tweaks the animations could be fantastic, though - especially ones like cycling the bolt on your Remington snipergun. It looks fantastic - apart from the fact that the weapon is held perfectly still while the action is performed.

A great test: turn off sound and play around with the different guns and animations, and you'll see immediately which ones -feel- good, and which ones seem lacking something. Sounds make up for a huge part of the 'impact' of the weapons, and the sound in the game is quite lovely - it's just some of the animations need a little more love.

I would also like to see weapon movement while aiming down sights and moving - the guns right now just glue themselves flawlessly to the middle of your screen and feel a bit artificial. There should be a slight amount of bob and sway while crawling/walking around and aimed.

DarkDobe
Jul 11, 2008

Things are looking up...

Avocados posted:

Game is kinda unplayable from the West Coast, as enemies jitter around at longer distances making aiming hard. :(

I consider it to be something of a chaos-bullet-travel-time factor for sniping.
I lead my targets instinctively and it seems to work out far more often than not!

DarkDobe
Jul 11, 2008

Things are looking up...

Robot Randy posted:

Does their site really not take Discover? I keep entering my info but it keeps saying that the payment method isn't available in my area.

E: also here's a link to a lottery for beta admission, a winner is picked every 20 minutes https://forum.survarium.com/en/lottery.php?list=1

E2: got poo poo working now, in as Robot Randy

Send you a friend request.
I'll be on here a bit more to see how the patch changes went!

DarkDobe
Jul 11, 2008

Things are looking up...

If any of you are up for playing some Sweatermen (as I refer to this lovely title) - drop me a line here or on Steam.
I don't play this nearly enough after a long bout of ruining people around Christmas last year - but I've worked my way back to almost-veteran with the scavengers, and of course going for my old R700.
Steam is: http://steamcommunity.com/id/ameatpopsicle/
In game as DarkDobe

DarkDobe
Jul 11, 2008

Things are looking up...

How does the game pick your 'level'
Your highest item ranking? Or the average of same?

DarkDobe
Jul 11, 2008

Things are looking up...

Has something happened recently to create this massive influx of players? I've been dabbling around in Sweatermen for the last week or so, and over the last few days, peak players has shot up from around 600 to 1400 at some hours - makes for insanely easy matchmaking, and I'm loving the influx of people! Just wondering what might have heralded this sudden flood of people.

DarkDobe
Jul 11, 2008

Things are looking up...

On there as DarkDobe
And yes, the game is insanely easier with at least one teammate on voice-coms.

Add me on steam if you want to queue up together sometime - this goes for anyone here: http://steamcommunity.com/id/ameatpopsicle/

DarkDobe
Jul 11, 2008

Things are looking up...

LumberingTroll posted:

Id like to check it out but there doesn't seem to be a reliable way of getting a key, because I guess they don't like money?

Odd... they were selling the keys in addition to their random lottery for about 5 bucks a while back?
Didn't realize that option was removed.

DarkDobe
Jul 11, 2008

Things are looking up...

Feindfeuer posted:

Luckily I play with a ~50 ping, thanks to me beeing located in central europe. Anyway this would certainly fit better in the general games thread. Even when the Co-op and open map eventually arrive they'd probably be more in size with regular lobby shooters and not a vast, massive multiplayer experience with 1000 of Stalkers Sweatermen running about. Plus, more people might actually stumble across this tread, for example the regular Stalker players.

Glad to see that Sweatermen has been adopted as the official labelling.

That said - if one of you was to start up a steam group of some kind, we could undoubtedly collect a good handful of fellow fanatics for some more organized games?
I might just do so myself tomorrow, if I'm not beaten to the proverbial punch. References to Sweatermen must be included somewhere in the title/description of the steam group of course.

DarkDobe
Jul 11, 2008

Things are looking up...

Here it is:

Never Forget Your Sweater
NFYS
http://steamcommunity.com/groups/sweatermen

Took me a while to find at least a pronouncable acronym. (En-fis / In-fis)
Sadly the silly and or entertaining words are all taken.
At least NFYS sounds like it could be something vastly more complex than it is!

Toss me a message on Steam for invites.
Once you are in, anyone can invite anyone else, so it should go more quickly after a few people are included.

I can be found here:

http://steamcommunity.com/id/ameatpopsicle/

DarkDobe
Jul 11, 2008

Things are looking up...

I've never had a relevant statted item drop for me, so I cannot comment on the effectiveness of the bonuses myself.

It's always either something useless like one of the starter guns, or a gun from a faction I haven't levelled with, therefore cannot buy ammunition from.

The ammo lockout in particular is rather tedious - I love that there are 'upgraded' types of ammo you can buy later on, but the fact that I can't just buy basic rounds for a revolver, for example, is just dumb.

That said, sweatermen is still highly entertaining, and eats up a good deal of my time alongside Wizard Wars these days.

DarkDobe
Jul 11, 2008

Things are looking up...

I'll definitely be updating and playing this sometime over the holidays!
Always fun to crank the game up every few weeks and go on stalker murder rampages.

DarkDobe
Jul 11, 2008

Things are looking up...

The Gasmask posted:

Also side note, I need one more person in the Clowns of Survarium clan to enable it! It's all paid for, so if you want to use decals to look absurd and have some people to always play with, join up! In-game I'm theGASMASK, just friend me and I'll add you to the clan.

Sent you a request as DarkDobe

Perhaps I'll play this more often if I've other's to fart around with!

DarkDobe
Jul 11, 2008

Things are looking up...

Just remember we already have a goon group on there.

IM me for an invite or any of the other members.

DarkDobe
Jul 11, 2008

Things are looking up...

To anyone curious:

Armor and Penetration are rather straightforward in application.

Each body part is separately armored, determined by the chosen kit being worn.

Each point of Armor value on your worn items subtracts 1% of incoming damage from a weapon's 'Damage' value.

Each point of Penetration on your weapon subtracts 1 Armor rating from your target body part.

This means that some of the weapons will end up being more viable against heavier-armored targets, where some will reap greater benefits against unarmored foes.

For example the UMP45 features 55 Damage and 25 Penetration, where the VEPR features 50 Damage and 30 Penetration.

The result of this is that around 75 armor value (The 2 highest tiers available exceed this value), the VEPR will outdamage the UMP45 against heavily armored opponents.

One can also add in specialty ammunition that improves penetration, damage, or both stats for minor tweaks to performance.

DarkDobe
Jul 11, 2008

Things are looking up...

The smoke puffs are indeed mighty-annoying for any weapon, especially so the semi-automatic and automatic sniper/marksman weapons, where any advantage of rapid shooting is quickly clogged in delightful plumes of smoke.

DarkDobe
Jul 11, 2008

Things are looking up...

:siren:REGIONAL SEVERS ARE GOING LIVE:siren:

I REPEAT

:siren:REGIONAL SERVERS ARE GOING LIVE!
:siren:

From your launcher, click on the 'Project Website' button, and you'll find the links there to change your region by way of the recent patch notes. You must be logged in on the Survarium webpage to do so.

The page to do so is here: https://na.survarium.com/shop/na-en/regions - Be sure to log in to the Survarium webpage before attempting this link!

"We’re glad to announce that the update 0.27c has been successfully installed on Survarium game servers.
As announced earlier, with the release of this update the game servers were separated into three regions: Europe, North America and CIS. The changes were also made to the project's official website. Now our website will be available in three versions. European and CIS versions of survarium.com will start working immediately with the North American version available shortly.

We hope that linking accounts to specific servers will enable players to get a higher speed connection and lower ping.

Also note that we have made changes in the conditions of transition between regions.
Now the transition between regions for players will be absolutely free. But to avoid too frequent changes of the region - we introduce a restriction on one change of region a day per account.

Now about the changes made to the clan system of our game.
Due to the implementation of the regional servers, clans will be bound to the region belonging to the majority of players in the clan. Players will be able to add friends only within their regions. Please note that the name of the clan must be unique and cannot be repeated on other servers."

As seen here: https://na.survarium.com/na-en/news/separation-servers-and-v027c-update

To those interested in item mods, and you should be, here is a list of available stats:

https://support.survarium.com/index.php?/ru/en/Knowledgebase/Article/View/249/0/modification-of-items

Scroll down for a nice chart of what is possible on each piece of kit!
I HIGHLY recommend, if you can spare the silver/gold, to make a set of armor, pants and boots with MAXIMUM move-speed. The 15% it adds makes up for a massive difference when coupled with the character talents in same. You can run a good 30% faster than anyone else and sprint forever!

DarkDobe fucked around with this message at 22:13 on Mar 17, 2015

DarkDobe
Jul 11, 2008

Things are looking up...

Here is a sample of an insanely effective movespeed loadout:

Pump your points into physical training, namely: Endurance, Breath, Rapid and Packrat. An alternative is 5/3 points in Endurance/Breath and 2 in Grenadier for utility. This is for characters level 20+

The items being used have an easily discernible theme: they are all level 8 or less, and picked for minimum weight/effectiveness. The weapon is easily one of the best available for the level - and with fire-rate stat hoses some 17 rounds a second, enough to murderize even at mid-long ranges.
As I am not yet of high enough level to rock both 21-point stats, I would point out that it is beneficial to pick Deep Pockets, as the added item slot can be used for another grenade, or preferably for Science Medkits.

Highlighted are the key mods on each piece of kit - to 'roll' these one should expect to spend about a thousand gold in the store, including the silver purchases of base items.
If you are particularly lucky and happen to MAKE an item with the aforementioned stats, you can easily add a second desired stat to the items, which is to say weight reduction on the Chest, Pants and Boots, and Bleeding Protection on the others.

When combining items:

If your original item has a NATURAL high stat, do not bother combining with anything else fancy. Use a base grey, and pay in GOLD for the upgrade, which you can then reroll.

If you have rerolled the initial stat into a max, for example 5% movespeed - and are looking to add another: It is sometimes preferable to use ANOTHER statted item (albeit one with only a single state) to improve quality of results.
There is NO relationship between the 'donor' item stats and the new stats being added! It took me a few tries to confirm, so do NOT waste your time trying to roll a perfect second item in hopes that the two will fuse.

Always make sure that the good item is the one being upgraded (on the left of the upgrade slot). You can use greys to upgrade coloured items, but I suspect the quality of the added stat suffers (requires confirmation).
I have used a fully statted (15 weight) item to upgrade a fully statted (5 move speed) item, and the result was 5 movespeed and 10 reliability - neither the same stat, nor a maximum value. It is a bit of a crapshoot!

In order of preference I find stats to keep an eye out for are:

Move Speed
Weight
Bleeding Protection
Armor
Isolation

So long as you have a high roll on the first two, perhaps both, the item should be considered for rerolling and upgrades (for example to reach a third stat - though this is a bit risky!)

For weapons:

Distance
Fire rate
Reload Speed
Damage / Armor Pen

Distance can make the largest difference in engagements, as it affects the point at which damage falloff kicks in. This is remarkably noticeable on weapons with over 50 'distance' to begin with, as it extends their preferred range of engagement a good deal, and can edge out a similarly armed opponent.
Fire rate is useful on the weapons with higher than 600 initial rate.
Reload speed on anything with a small magazine and automatic fire.
Damage and Armor Pen are both nice, the latter more valuable above 70 armor on opponents.

DarkDobe fucked around with this message at 02:13 on Mar 18, 2015

DarkDobe
Jul 11, 2008

Things are looking up...

Jehde posted:

Turns out NA servers aren't live yet. :negative:

Soon!

DarkDobe
Jul 11, 2008

Things are looking up...

The Gasmask posted:

SNIPERSTUFF

I will likely take a few moments, later, to find screenshots of the maps in-game that I might point out some of the more unique and exotically exploitable sniping positions on the levels.

Likely I myself am hardly aware of the climbable trees - my sniping playstyle focuses almost entirely on side-pushing and objective harassment, usually culminating in smoke grenades over the battery hoard followed by some theft and escape through anomaly zones, or lacking nades, I will try to find myself a spot inside the enemy spawn to shoot from, viable in almost all of the maps.

Above level 10, the SVD is a godly beast - being the only semi-auto sniper rifle, with the only true skill requirement (past aim) being self-control. So long as you can time your shots against recoil, this gun is fantastic.

Of the VSSK I shall not speak -as I have not used one, and it seems too beautiful for mere mortals. So far as I have heard, it suffers for the same problem other suppressed weapons do: slow projectiles, albeit with massive damage.

DarkDobe fucked around with this message at 04:48 on Mar 20, 2015

DarkDobe
Jul 11, 2008

Things are looking up...

Example the first: Chemical Plant

Spawns are represented by the large squares.
Red and Blue locations are for those teams respectively.
Violet can be used by either side.

Locations of note are as follows:

A) Viable for both teams, preferable for Blue. Can provide coverage of approaches along the north side of the map. Lurk around behind the train barricades, or the large pillars towards the Red side
B) An excellent infiltration point, especially for one armed with a sniper-rifle. You can pick off people leaving base, and it is trivial to guard the approaching walkway from inside Blue spawn if you are unexpected.
C) Seen employed often, the upper floor of the building can offer each team opportunity for harassment, and denies easy access to the catwalks.
D) Invasion points for both teams. Blue has an easier time of this, since the Red side building is more intricate and offers room to hide and evade while denying their snipers an easy roost.
E) A unique little spot - hide just-south of the doorway exit from the building, and you can fire down the length of the map often undiscovered for a long while. Beware the toxic spores of course - don't go too far south.
F) Along the back wall, there is a lumpy hill half-covered by a large tree. This is actually climbable when approached from the east! Lurk inside the foliage and you can pick on people at either side. More exploitable by Red as they have easier access - but a blue player here can wreak havoc on Red spawn snipers.

DarkDobe
Jul 11, 2008

Things are looking up...

Rudnya

A note as to the hazard here: So far as I am aware, the fog itself is not volatile, but touching the water itself causes ramping toxin damage, and should be avoided by the under-equipped.

As before, spawns are denoted by the coloured rectangles.
Locations of not are coloured for the respective team, violet of interest to either.

A) Both of these are excellent locations from which to guard enemy approach to the church. As Red, beware of being spotted from across the map - as you are offered poor cover. Blue has an easier time of hiding about the shrubbery here and picking off approaching Reds.
B) The church itself is an excellent point of defense - but do not neglect the ground-floor windows. The roof is tempting, but makes you incredibly obvious to counter-snipers.
C) There is a low wall and a tree leaning out over the cliffside here. Hide under and behind the tree, and you can pick off enemies from either side. Advantage here is for Red, though.
D) The little building atop the hill here is excellent for Red's defense, and for Blue harrasment. Beware grenades - favour running around the building than hiding inside it, and know that you can flee east into the slopes and bushes easily.
E) Between the buildings there is a large tree. Red can hide here with surprising effect to pick off enemies running north from Blue spawn. Also viable is inside the shack - the windows give excellent outlook, but are one of the 'obvious' popular locations, and is often flushed or grenaded.
F) Near the west corner of this area, there is a rock and tree around and over which an enterprising Blue sniper can hide, especially so shooting enemies at location E
G) Ontop of and around the enemy spawns. Red has less room - but a defensible position. Blue has a surprising mobility over the roof, under the rafters, and throughout the building itself. Of course each team can employ their own rooftop, though the opportunities presented there are risky.

DarkDobe fucked around with this message at 04:52 on Mar 20, 2015

DarkDobe
Jul 11, 2008

Things are looking up...

This is news to me - and entirely awesome! Steam release is long overdue, to say nothing of NA servers.

DarkDobe
Jul 11, 2008

Things are looking up...

Our goon steam group is here:

Message me or anyone else in the group for an invite!

DarkDobe
Jul 11, 2008

Things are looking up...

vandalism posted:

I have no idea how to make a forum account on their site. I'm US, though. I tried using the name I have in-game, that I got automatically when joining via steam. I never set up a username or password for the site though. Guess I have to use a different name and link the accounts? I don't really know. It's not fleshed out anywhere that I've seen.

https://na.survarium.com/forum/na-en/

From this site, the 'registration' button at the top right.
There is no reason that your Survarium log-in info should not work there, if you already have a survarium account, as they are the one and same.

I would suggest that you make a new account through their site, and use it to replace (import) the one on Steam - unless steam includes purchase bonuses. I am not certain then.

Seems I cannot read - perhaps contact support if your steam default account is the one that you expect to use for their forums.

DarkDobe
Jul 11, 2008

Things are looking up...

To all of you newcomers or returning sweatermen, you can find me here:

http://steamcommunity.com/id/ameatpopsicle/

And the steam group here:

Anyone in the group can invite you to same!

In-game I go by DarkDobe (unsurprisingly) so you can add me there as well!

DarkDobe
Jul 11, 2008

Things are looking up...

The Gasmask posted:

I'm a sniper, and I have to agree. There's way too much camping in base, terrified of getting shot. Or guys that never once go for an objective, don't provide cover fire, and tend to die twice as often as they kill.

That's why being a countersniper is so satisfying :cool:. They're the easiest to pick off, and it frees up my team to take alternate routes.

Alternatively do as I did - make a run-speed build, and bomb around the map with smoke grenades and an SR-2M. Then you can absolutely lay waste to stupid snipers (and everyone else) by being everywhere at once.

DarkDobe
Jul 11, 2008

Things are looking up...

Jack B Nimble posted:

So I just got the ability to queue into the defense (?) game type, the first alternative you unlock from death matching. No one plays it? In death match I get a game up almost immediately, but I waited 10 minutes and never found a match in this new game mode. Do people play nothing but death match?

Lower item-level players, which is the vast majority of players now, are queued into DM.
Hence, anyone trying to play anything else has to wait for enough players to make a match. It will be far quicker to find DM games for the next few days than any other mode.

DarkDobe
Jul 11, 2008

Things are looking up...

Jehde posted:

I think I read somewhere that clans and players are now restricted to their regions. i.e. A euro player can't friend an NA player, which is kinda dumb but oh well. Maybe it's a good idea to make one goon clan NA and the other euro?

So far as I know you can friend and clan, but you will be forced to play on the clan's region?

DarkDobe
Jul 11, 2008

Things are looking up...

The Gasmask posted:

If you get a little extra silver, try to mod to an orange Kip with +25 distance, faster fire speed and higher armor piercing (distance as #1). There's a damage falloff, and extending max distance extends that. For example, something with 100m distance will do full damage within that range, and every meter after will drop of a bit. Getting it to 125m makes a huge difference, and for example on my Remington 700 it means I can get OHK on some seriously long range shots (depending on armor of course). Even 40m to 50m distance will be noticeable.

The Kip is definitely OP though. I can use it comfortably up to around lvl 8 thanks to predictable recoil and decent RoF. When doing an equip lvl 5 profile it's a killing machine, often taking priority to whatever rifle I've chosen for primary slot.

E: Once you get the PP2000, try using that for a while. It's one of the most accurate SMGs in the game with very little recoil, and on a map like Cologne will have no problem hitting a guy camping their spawn from right in front of yours. Some people will find the SR2M or MP5 more to their liking, but I think the PP2000 is the best of the lot.
Note: I haven't gone beyond lvl10 gear for the most part, so I have no comment on the higher level SMGs.

The SR2M remains one of the best even in end-game, solely for having such an insane fire-rate, which can chew through armor and land headshots by pure volume of fire.

The SR3M is a very competitive upgrade, though it must be found with some luck.

So far as the armies go: I highly suggest that you level them both to five, especially so that you level Renaissance Army to rank 5 - as it offers the most well-rounded upgrades available for relatively little investment.
Then, after getting Fringe to 5, you can usually decide which style you like and stick to it for the long, arduous haul.

DarkDobe
Jul 11, 2008

Things are looking up...

Feindfeuer posted:

The SR3M is pretty different from the SR2M, it's one of the many 9x39 assault rifles in the game and handles pretty much like all of them in terms of recoil, spread, etc. It's not quiet as accurate as some and kicks a bit more but has a gigantic 30rnd mag to compensate for that, the higher fire-rate is actually one of its drawbacks in most situations. If you think the SR3M is a good upgrade to the SR2M you should give all the other 9x39 rifles a try. Especially the AS VAL is easy to keep on target, even on longer ranges, and comes with a silencer (like all 9x39 rifles with the exception of the SR3M).

Still using the SR3M in my assault loadout slot, cause I'm often terrible at aiming and will waste half a mag on the map geometry around the enemy while i scream 'crap, crap, crap' and fumble my mouse; so those 10 rounds extra are super handy and the reason I used traditional ARs over the 9x39 rifles before looting me a SR-3M.

e: Wait... there is an MP5 now? Is that also a rare drop? I've not seen one yet but I'd love to get my hands on some over-engineered german submachinegun tech.

The SR3M is hyper light and compact compared to the other AR's, which for runspeed loadouts is an enormous advantage.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DarkDobe
Jul 11, 2008

Things are looking up...

I want to correct one point for leveling:

Start by picking Svavengers (hit and run) or Black Market (beefcakes) and leveling that faction to full.
Then do the other.

This will give you a solid baseline for equipment, especially deployables.

At this point, I -highly- recommend leveling Renaissance to Sergeant (third rank).
The third rank of Ren Army offers some of the best all-around equipment in the game (the Sokol body armor, pants, etc).

Then, if you prefered Scavenger items earlier, switch to Fringe Settlers and level that.
If instead you find you like being survivable versus more mobile and toxin-resilient, stay with the Ren Army and see it through.

The leveling is a massive slog, but this only really becomes apparent past rank 10 in each.

• Locked thread