Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dvsilverwing
Jan 17, 2009

Whoever came up with the idea on how to set up the leagues is an absolute moron. Why would you include people with Zubr and AK-12's in the Newcomers league with people using level 1-4 weapons? It's like putting a loving MLB player onto a tee-ball team.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dvsilverwing
Jan 17, 2009

facialimpediment posted:

From their forums, the idea was that the payouts would be such poo poo that the high-level players would knock their equipment down in order for their round to stay profitable.

https://eu.survarium.com/forum/eu-en/viewtopic.php?f=14&t=7602

Dumb idea, because at that level, poopsockers don't give a poo poo about their spacearmor repair costs.

Yeah, I made a post on it. If you already have an orange, fully upgraded AK-12 and set of Zubr armor, it's not like you're saving up money for armor, weapons, or upgrades. You might as well be spending money on the gear, it's not going towards anything else at that point.

Not to mention, the rating system itself is moronic. The ONLY thing it takes into account is your K:D, if you have 500 score from objectives and are 0:5 you will lose rank.

Naturally Selected posted:

As in, I have dudes in sweaters/lv1 armor soaking up 8-14 shots from a SOCOM up close, and only taking about 1-2 damage a hit. Or just completely ignoring a center-mass shot from an SV98 from about 10m away. Ran up on a guy, he misses and starts reloading, I put two of those in his chest, dude finishes reloading and wastes me with the PPsH. :downs:

How is the Socom, anyway? I assume it got a nerf of some sort when it went from super rare drop only to level 6 BM gear?

Dvsilverwing fucked around with this message at 18:53 on May 1, 2015

Dvsilverwing
Jan 17, 2009

Bolow posted:

It's like the SOK-94 used to be but with worse recoil and a full auto setting

SOK-94 seemed like poo poo from the get-go, there was no reason to use it over the SKS unless you like being slightly more inaccurate.

Dvsilverwing
Jan 17, 2009

Oh, also, Gasmask, I need another invite to the clan. Switched from EU -> NA so that when NA comes back up (if it ever does) I'll be playing on it, and that removed all my friends/clan.

Dvsilverwing
Jan 17, 2009

Feindfeuer posted:

Problem with videogames in general, you can't have realistic iron sights. It just doesn't work. If you model them correctly you'll see nothing as they obscure too much, which is not a problem with the way actual eyes work. If you soften up the model ppl cry about the model beeing unrealistic... if you'd try to create a compound picture of how an actual eye sees through sights ppl would probably get motion sickness or something. All of this of course is even more pronounced as humans have a far wieder field of view than any monitor provides.

No matter what you do, you'll always find people complaining about the way you solve it; but i also prefer soften up sight models; it just goes natural with the way my senses are dulled and restricted in a videogame.

Red Orchestra and Red Orchestra 2 had great irons and a great ADS system in my opinion. Felt like I was looking down the sights of a shouldered gun rather than looking at an on-screen overlay that's showing me where to shoot.

Dvsilverwing
Jan 17, 2009

Bolow posted:

I have +25% Range, +10% rate of fire and 6% increase reload speed on my Super 90 and I've had no problems cutting through swathes of people using buckshot even at assault rifle engagement ranges.

Have you tried the Spas-12 by any chance? I like the extra rounds in the Spas 12 better than I do fire rate of the Benelli M4, it still fires as fast as you can click and with an extra 2 rounds you can finish off those long (probably soon to be nerfed) range kills.

Dvsilverwing
Jan 17, 2009

If it's someone with the newbshield, about 5 +armor zubr's stacked one on top of the other.

E: Also, the SOCOM M14 doesn't have an FA mode, you all lied to me :arghfist::( Combined with it only doing 5 more damage than the AKM/AKSU, that's seriously hilarious.

10 more damage than AKM/SKS/SOK-94, 5 more damage than AK-74/AKS-74u.

Also the sights on it suck, but aren't as bad as the FNC's sights, which I had to try for myself, and they were indeed absolutely unusable. That's a shame, because it seems like it has almost no recoil to it, if it had better sights it'd probably be good competition for the AK-74M/AKS-74u/VEPR.

Dvsilverwing
Jan 17, 2009

Yeah the FNC would be an amazing gat if they let us stick an RDS on it or something. But those sights are just hilariously atrocious. I didn't mind the SOCOM's sights, but everything else about that gun is hot garbage.

Well, I'm pretty sure that's what the workshop is intended to do, modify your weapons and such. They've confirmed they do plan to add weapon mods, but there's no ETA.

Bolow posted:

Oh poo poo they took it away? It had it last patch :smith:

Maybe because it went from being a super rare match-drop only weapon to a standard Black Market tiered weapon?

It's pretty good.

Edit: Update! Just got the level 8 gear for Black Market. M4A1 is like the FNC, it has almost no recoil, good ROF, good accuracy, but its good qualities are ruined by lovely ironsights. They aren't as bad as the FNC, but the certainly aren't good. The MP7 on the other hand, is pretty drat good, good ROF, little recoil, and the sights are just a 3-dot set up with high visibility red glowing dots in the middle. The armor also looks cool as hell, although it's definitely not Molot.

Dvsilverwing fucked around with this message at 02:21 on May 7, 2015

Dvsilverwing
Jan 17, 2009

Really wishing the Mp7 had the 30 round mags. 20 rounds just doesn't cut it when you're playing against level 8/9/10 gear.

Dvsilverwing
Jan 17, 2009

So a funny thing happened. I got a Vepr AR, decided to check it out and it turns out that they can, in fact, make excellent ironsights. They just only did it for the one Ukrainian rifle in the game. So surprised.

Also, new patch broke something and I can't even install it. VG.txt

E: New patch dropped, adding premium armors, and buffing the premium AK12 :downs:

Well, they sort of unintentionally buffed the premium AK12... by nerfing the normal one. That being said I've seen the normal one a ton, and only one player ever using the premium one.

Edit: This newbie buff has got to go. There's no reason a player with level 3 or 4 weapons and armor should still have it.

Dvsilverwing fucked around with this message at 21:48 on May 8, 2015

Dvsilverwing
Jan 17, 2009

Mr Fahrenheit posted:

All I use is the newbie shield with whatever gun I want. No equipment but bandaids and medkits, and I soak hits like Molot armor.

edit: I'm doing it because late at night, no matter what tier I queue with, there is always someone with an RPD or AS Val wrecking poo poo; I need all the handicaps I can get :(.

RPD is actually really mediocre, it's like an AKM but 2 levels higher that you don't have to reload as often.

Also you can't use the upgraded ammo with it.

Dvsilverwing
Jan 17, 2009

So, even though the M4A1 has sights that are only slightly better than the FNC's, there's definitely a trick to using it. Make sure you have the -10% weapon recoil skill, and try to get a -10% weapon recoil on the M4A1 itself, then go for fire rate and then damage/AP/dispersion if you have the money to do it, depending on preference. Even though you have a lovely sight picture, it has low enough recoil with that -20% that you can get a lot of shots on target before they're out of view. That's about the only way to get the M4A1 to work. With the +10% fire rate you have 825 RPM, which is pretty good for a rifle, and the recoil is super low.

If the M4A1 didn't have lovely sights, it'd be the meta rifle of the 7/8 level instead of the Vepr or AK-74m.

Edit: Apparently you can also get -recoil on gloves! They make it even better. Also sold my green AK-74m and dropped like 700,000 on getting an orange Vepr, totally worth it. The sights are AMAZINGLY clear in comparison to... just about every other sight in the game, really.

Dvsilverwing fucked around with this message at 18:08 on May 11, 2015

Dvsilverwing
Jan 17, 2009

It's not just the sweaters, it's just that anyone that joins gets insane damage reduction/armor piercing for some ridiculous stretch.

Pretty sure it has something to do with player level.

Dvsilverwing
Jan 17, 2009

You're right. the two weeks we had NA servers were great. Except for the whole 20+ minute waits between rounds and a host of other bullshit

Next update will be re-introducing NA apparently. Also, apparently the quality of players in ranked games went down dramatically when I stopped playing, because I was in Researcher's League, stopped playing for a bit, and just came back to get rewarded the Orange MP7 from the Master League.

Dvsilverwing
Jan 17, 2009

First 10 solstice coins and I got the Dusk, lol. I would have rather gotten the armor, the Dusk is 4,000 rubles per full loadout of ammo.

Also, yes, I have an orange silenced MP7. You got it from participating in the first competitive league of Survarium. The last place tier got nothing, the next up got a standard silenced MP7, the next up got a blue silenced MP7, the next up a green, the next up an orange, and the top tier got a gold one with 4 stats.

Dvsilverwing
Jan 17, 2009

This is my MP7 at the moment. It's pretty awesome, I could re-roll for the extra few percentages here and there but honestly it performs so well right now I don't feel that it's worth it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dvsilverwing
Jan 17, 2009

DarkDobe posted:

I think my only real gun-problem are the Kriss and MP7, particularly the silenced editions.

Between their absolutely insane spray rate and the quiet nature, they are devastating a cut above any comparable weapon. Who cares if the bullets do less damage when six of them hit you in the head when the guy mouses towards you?

Of course, as a long-time SR2M user I can appreciate this, but the above guns just take it that much more into ridiculous territory.

Mp7 doesn't have much on the Kriss, I get outdamaged by them every time, and get killed with it at ranges FAR longer than it should be able to be used at. Kriss is absolutely the best gun in the game, right now. Also the AS Val feels like it's about as accurate as a pellet gun with no rifling. Got one after a match, don't like it much.

Did 5 qualifier matches today, I went roughly 20-2 or 20-3 in all of them with 270-300 points, got put into researcher league. The gently caress is this?

• Locked thread