Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Jehde
Apr 21, 2010

I've been waiting for the international open beta to bump this thread, since the majority of goons seem to be in North America and the latency to the servers that are currently only hosted in Russia is terrible. Probably better to just have traffic here though, instead of me not shutting up about it in the STALKER thread. And I agree, this thread should be in Games, but I can see it being a closed beta qualifying it for PGS.

Patch 0.24 dropped recently that brought some notable changes. Animations are more sluggish and diverse (unique animations instead of generic ones) now, which was hard to adjust to at first, but I'm liking it now. Still some oddities, like picking up batteries can be a pain in the rear end now. They also released 2 new maps, both with a new gamemode. For the new maps, instead of seeking out the batteries that spawn in at random locations, they spawn in at set "charging stations" at random times. I actually liked finding the batteries so I don't like this new gamemode, it doesn't help that the new maps feel pretty Call of Duty.

I've been grinding quite a bit recently so I was happy when I got to the point that everything in the Fringe Settlers shop was available, then they go and add a bunch of stuff for higher levels with the new patch. :negative:

I'm in as Jehde btw. Also the SKS really owns.

Jehde fucked around with this message at 01:13 on Aug 12, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jehde
Apr 21, 2010

The game matchmakes based on your "equipment level", which is separate from your "character level", which is also separate to your "reputation level" for any given faction. Your equipment level is whatever has the highest equipment level out of your primary weapon, secondary weapon, ammo, torso armour, or pants. The game will bump you up an equipment level if you wear auxiliary armour (such as gloves and helmets) that's higher than the rest of your kit by finding an average. For example if your guns and main armour are of equipment level 5, and you wear a helmet of equipment level 7, it will probably result in giving you an equipment level of 6. Currently the character level has no function other than you get a skill point to spend each time you level up. Your reputation level for a faction determines what you can buy from their shop.

Jehde
Apr 21, 2010

I don't think they've said anything about international servers since this post in June, unfortunately. From their recent media releases it seems like they're still focusing on drumming up local support. I myself have been taking a break from gaming in general, but you can expect me to start playing again once international servers come around, if not before that.

Jehde
Apr 21, 2010

I'll join the clan for when I get back into this.

http://steamcommunity.com/id/jehde/

Jehde
Apr 21, 2010

Looks like they've opened up some European servers finally.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0sb2cnO3I-Q

Probably still pretty laggy from NA but should be slightly better atleast. Less copn and cyka at the very least.

Jehde fucked around with this message at 19:56 on Jan 5, 2015

Jehde
Apr 21, 2010

DarkDobe posted:

:siren:REGIONAL SEVERS ARE GOING LIVE:siren:

I REPEAT

:siren:REGIONAL SERVERS ARE GOING LIVE!
:siren:

North America

:captainpop:

Gonna try this out when I get home.

Jehde
Apr 21, 2010

Turns out NA servers aren't live yet. :negative:

Jehde
Apr 21, 2010

I think I read somewhere that clans and players are now restricted to their regions. i.e. A euro player can't friend an NA player, which is kinda dumb but oh well. Maybe it's a good idea to make one goon clan NA and the other euro?

Jehde
Apr 21, 2010

Bolow posted:

Also I'm so loving indecisive on picking Fringe or Renaissance Army

Freedom or Duty, accuracy and environmental protection vs firepower and armour. The choice is obvious for me. :420:

Jehde
Apr 21, 2010

I went Bandits then Scavengers because I wanted that sweet, sweet sawed off and Winchester 30-30. Then I went back and forth between Fringe and Renaissance until I unlocked the SKS and AK respectively. Ever since it's been Fringe all the way.

Jehde
Apr 21, 2010

I think it means you can carry an extra grenade/medkit/etc. Either that or an extra mag.

Jehde
Apr 21, 2010

Naturally Selected posted:

NYC, playing with a ping that hovers around 20ms is amazing.

drat, yeah servers are definitely east coast.

Jehde
Apr 21, 2010

They spent a long time on the PvP stuff because their primary market really liked it.

That Escape from Tarkov thing doesn't have anomalies or artifacts, but does have weapon jams and other gun nerd crap. I'll probably try it out but it won't be any sort of substitute for STALKER. Sound more like a The Division type of thing honestly.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jehde
Apr 21, 2010

How dead and stagnant is this game to a North American player that hasn't played in a year? I still have this game installed and this thread bookmarked for some reason.

• Locked thread