Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mr Fahrenheit
Dec 10, 2010

Travelin' at the speed of light.
It seems there might be a bug with the armor of the tactical turtleneck that you start with; me and some other goons have noticed that you can't seem to deal any damage to anyone wearing one in either the torso or legs, with the only reliable target being the head and hands. Anyone else notice this?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr Fahrenheit
Dec 10, 2010

Dvsilverwing posted:

Edit: This newbie buff has got to go. There's no reason a player with level 3 or 4 weapons and armor should still have it.

All I use is the newbie shield with whatever gun I want. No equipment but bandaids and medkits, and I soak hits like Molot armor.

edit: I'm doing it because late at night, no matter what tier I queue with, there is always someone with an RPD or AS Val wrecking poo poo; I need all the handicaps I can get :(.

Mr Fahrenheit fucked around with this message at 09:48 on May 9, 2015

Mr Fahrenheit
Dec 10, 2010

22 Eargesplitten posted:

How do claymores compare against bear traps? I haven't played in a couple weeks. Did they add US servers or push those back again?

E: How is the valmet? The sights looked lovely from the preview.

They added US servers! :dong:

Valmet is an AKM with less rattle and 50 more rounds per minute at rank 5. It owns, probably a little too much. Claymores have much more damage than new beartraps (beartraps can't kill in one hit anymore), but only activate from the front. It WILL activate from farther out than the Bettys and the beartraps, though, so that means it's easier to hide them around corners.

Mr Fahrenheit
Dec 10, 2010

They made a ton of changes to how their foliage renders, so that may be causing issues. You aren't the only one, a couple of us were having similar issues, and with even more robust/up to date cards. Might be a driver issue, but we sent in support tickets about it, so if we hear something from the devs about it (either by mail or the dev posts), we can post it here. WRT the Valmet sights, they aren't too bad. I feel like they are better for longer ranges than the AKM's were, but still nothing I'd use up close. Pretty much all the sights are bad up close, anyway.

Mr Fahrenheit
Dec 10, 2010

New Survarium summer event is going on; play games, get Comrade Coins to play the roulette wheel. 10 sets of items, redeemable once (they'll be taken out of the pool of other prizes, so you can theoretically get everything). There's a gun and an armor bundle, so I grabbed screenshots of those for anyone interested in free t9 and t10 loot. Gun is called 'Dusk', and it's a reskin of a Vychlop, with predetermined stats; the armor is called the Armor Of the Sun, same deal with predetermined stats (I have no idea what it's based on, the highest I get is t7).

Mr Fahrenheit
Dec 10, 2010

Coins are given to you based on playing, I don't think there's any correlation between wins or losses. You get anywhere from 1 to 3 of them per game, and it seems to be linked to the game somehow, as I usually queue with Blackhold and we get the same coin rewards.

Also the RPD is now not only a straight upgrade from an AKM, but a significant one. 5 damage and armor pen adds up quick.

Mr Fahrenheit
Dec 10, 2010

22 Eargesplitten posted:

Terminator or Deep Pockets? I feel like the only time I would use Terminator would be when I'm using a sniper rifle primary. On the other hand, if I'm understanding the armor change, an APS would actually make a decent sidearm for a sniper now.

Terminator is great when you don't have premium for the spare profile, and are in that weird tier where your guns are either knife-fighters or absolute long-range weapons. Kiparis and TOZ-34 are excellent weapons, right up until you get stuck on Mamayev or Rudnya.

Mr Fahrenheit
Dec 10, 2010

I'm working towards the Radon myself. Only about a quarter of the way there, though. I'm going to second the thing about sights, because there are lots of guns that, on paper, straight up trounce other guns but wind up being useless due to the fact their sights are awful. The Kedr and Kashtan are good examples of good guns with useless sights, as is the SKS and the Winchester. I guess I'm just used to the AKM sights by now, but they definitely took a long while to get used to.

Mr Fahrenheit
Dec 10, 2010

I think mid-afternoon is NA primetime. I'm not sure if they fixed the bug on NA servers not letting you get the after-action loot screen, though.

EDIT: Let this give new goons some hope when they start this game. You may start out bad, but you can't possibly be as bad as the people in this scoreboard.

Mr Fahrenheit fucked around with this message at 10:35 on Jun 30, 2015

Mr Fahrenheit
Dec 10, 2010

DarkDobe posted:

Any idea where people get the silenced MP7?

It was their first Ranked Season reward. You can't upgrade them, and the quality one you get was based on your placements in that ranking. It used to be garbage, but that 55 armor pen it has now is absolutely stupid for man-shooting.

Mr Fahrenheit
Dec 10, 2010

Goddamn, son, that is a murder tube. The only thing I'd replace is the damage, with either armor pen or reload speed. I bet that thing chews up people at a hilarious pace, but I've never been big on the damage upgrades on anything other than the bolt-actions and the shotguns.

EDIT: next Ranked ladder is up; rewards stack this time, and there is a free goodie bag at each tier (with better rewards in the bag at higher tiers). I'm starting to get consistently good players who follow objectives, and I think this one is ranked based on equipment tier somehow (not just like making it cost more in repairs, so higher tier players can use t9 and 10).

EDIT2: Don't do ranked, everyone who can google has ESP and Netlimiter now, so your chances of getting into a ranked match not filled with immortal, laser-LMG toting players is effectively nil.

Mr Fahrenheit fucked around with this message at 09:37 on Jul 7, 2015

Mr Fahrenheit
Dec 10, 2010

22 Eargesplitten posted:

What's ESP? Wallhack? Permanent radar?

It draws hitboxes, regardless if they are obstructed or not. So yeah, a wallhack. It'll usually have something that turns the boxes different colors if they are shootable or not, too. Many of the programs people are getting banned for are stuff like aimbots and no-recoil scripts, but the company won't say more on what's going on other than 'forbidden software'. I wish we knew what we were dealing with, so we can better weed out the people who are likely cheating from the players who are just good (or with awful ping).

Mr Fahrenheit fucked around with this message at 00:08 on Jul 8, 2015

Mr Fahrenheit
Dec 10, 2010

Kitty Burger posted:

Apparently I'm just a moron and I've been doing rated matches for league play, which is also broken. To be fair though, I've never waited more than a minute or two for the rated matches to start.

Ranked matches don't use equipment ratings, so everyone starts at a basic rating and gains and loses points based off of how well they do. Sometimes you get dicked over pretty hard, other times there will be an entire teams worth of heavy armor dudes attracted to Sponges like moths wearing full Molot.

quote:

Could have used that suppressed sniper.

It isn't as good as it looks on paper; 6k for a full rack of ammo, and if you die while using it, it's like 800 - 1200 rubles to repair it per death. If you weren't already using a Vychlop or are some kind of savant, all it's good for is throwing money away. Only thing that makes using it worthwhile is the Ranked matches giving bonus Rubles, but since their rating system is hosed you probably won't get to sit in the 60% bonus rewards tier that makes it financially possible to use. What's your IGN, I'll add you next time I'm on and we can do some lower tiered stuff.

Mr Fahrenheit
Dec 10, 2010

22 Eargesplitten posted:

Is that the repair rate even after they fixed it? I know the repair cost was hosed at the beginning of the event.

I don't know; I didn't use it during the event, only afterwards in the new ranked ladder. I heard it was atrocious back then, too, but the thought that it was actually worse than when I used it is just nuts.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr Fahrenheit
Dec 10, 2010

I've seen the Kiparis being used by people in full Pilgrim armor. That gun is stupid good, and will continue to be so until SMG's get nerfed again.

• Locked thread