Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Feindfeuer
Jun 20, 2013

shoot men, receive credits
Didn't know there was a thread about this game, in as 'Murderizer'. Just reached Tier 7 by looting scout boots post match, but I'll probably stick with Tier 6 and below until I get the rest of the equipment up to that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Feindfeuer
Jun 20, 2013

So anyone got an idea what 'chambering time -X%' means with a pump action shotgun? One of my magical Remington 870 has -8% chambering time, I first assumed it would relate to the time it takes to work the action between shots, but it has the same firing speed as my other Remington 870. I guess it could relate to the reload speed, as that is not displayed in the stats... but than my magical PPSH-41 has its reload speed bonus stated as just that.

Edit:
Also my Sweaterman doesn't wear a sweater anymore. :smith:

...and he can't run cause all the gear is weighting him down,
but I just can't get myself to drop that awesome improvised air tank.

Edit2:
*ding* Level up and I can run again, fully loaded. :yayclod:

Feindfeuer fucked around with this message at 17:07 on Aug 12, 2014

Feindfeuer
Jun 20, 2013

Luckily I play with a ~50 ping, thanks to me beeing located in central europe. Anyway this would certainly fit better in the general games thread. Even when the Co-op and open map eventually arrive they'd probably be more in size with regular lobby shooters and not a vast, massive multiplayer experience with 1000 of Stalkers Sweatermen running about. Plus, more people might actually stumble across this tread, for example the regular Stalker players.

Feindfeuer
Jun 20, 2013

Where is the steam group Mr.DarkDobe? :argh:

And more important, how will it be named? Sweatermen of Survarium? Stalker in Exile? Get ouf of here G.O.O.N.?

Feindfeuer
Jun 20, 2013

Than give us your steam info so you can join our prestigious and exclusive little sweater club.

Also there is a SA-friendly grenade decal, it just dropped for me tonight. :unsmith:

Feindfeuer
Jun 20, 2013

So what's everyones opinion on the rare equipment drops that give additional stat boni? It's old news, but it's still a viable point of discussion as those modified drops are much, much more common than they were in the original Stalker series, where we would maybe have one unique MP5 that differs from the rest while here we have a rather steady supply of modified gear dropping.

While first I was put a bit off by the whole thing I actually started to like it, it gives the whole thing a diablo-like loot hunting vibe. Especially since you can only modify one of those bonus stats with the new customization mechanics, so even if you can modify a weapon to better suit your needs, you'll have to keep hunting for one of those 3-stat guns (or hats, or pants) if you want a perfect fit.
While it dimishs the importance of the faction contacts, as those only sell vanilla stuff, I actually prefer to find the stuff I use in Stalker games over just buying them from a shop. So that's actually a good thing in my book.

e:
random screenshots cause I actually like the stalker looks and feel of the maps.

Feindfeuer fucked around with this message at 16:52 on Oct 21, 2014

Feindfeuer
Jun 20, 2013

And I am Murderizer in game, just as not my forum name, cause I'm an idiot.

but I'll catch some sleep now (or soon).

sleepy time for sweaterman.

Feindfeuer
Jun 20, 2013

You got an invite to both my friendlist and the steam group. We don't have a clan set up yet, cause we rarely are on at the same time. We should maybe set a time where we're all online on a weekend to get the clan started cause you need 5 people online, besides the leader, to set it up in the first place.

Feindfeuer
Jun 20, 2013

Nope, I didn't. I send it to the only guy who came up when I looked up Demonlord12 on steam, which is some aussie guy. I send you an invite now and hope DarkDobe is not to busy and can kick the wrong Demonlord out of our exclusive clubhouse.

Feindfeuer
Jun 20, 2013

Patch 26a just got deployed, dropping the first two actual skill trees and refunding everyones skillpoints in the process. There also was a balance overhaul of a large selection of weaponry and the addition of some new murder toys.

full patch notes:

quote:

Version 0.26a

gameplay:
- Added a new game mode Team Deathmatch (TDM)
- Added a new mechanic to the leveling of the game character. At the moment only shooting and physical training branches are available
- Added support for multiple equipment profiles and the ability to change the sets of equipment in battle, while the character is dead
- Added melee kill missions for all factions
- Added weapon stopping power mechanics. The stopping power depends on type of weapon and ammunition
- Maximum portable weight increased up to 30kg;speed penalty now begins from 20kg
- Now when a leg is wounded, the player receives a penalty to movement speed - 10%, with the broken leg - 20%
- Battery chargers are physical objects now. They react to shots and can be pushed
- Added physical collision detection between players of different teams

Equipment and weapons:
- Armor-piercing bonus for 7.32x39 increased to +20%
- Reduced dispersion for all weapons
- Prices for equipment upgrade now depends on the level of equipment

Independent traders:
- Mosin Carbine: armor-piercing increased to 50
- PPSh, TT-33: armor-piercing increased to 25
- VSS “Vintorez”, SR3M "Vihr": armor-piercing increased to 30
- AK-74N: damage increased to 50, armor-piercing to 30
- PP-19-01 "Vityaz": damage increased to 40, armor-piercing to 20
- After the battle players can find the SOCOM rifle (12 level equipment);

Scavengers:
- OTS-02 "Kiparis", PM: armor-piercing increased to 20
- TOZ-122, Remington 700: armor-piercing increased to 45

Black market:
- AKS-74U: damage increased to 50, armor-piercing to 30
- UZI: damage increased to 40, armor-piercing to 20
- Winchester 1894: damage increased to 100, armor-piercing to 40

The Fringe Settlers
- SCS: armor increased to 40
- APS: damage reduced to 35, armor increased to 20
- Vepr, RPK: damage increased to 50, armor-piercing to 30
- UMP-45: damage increased to 55, armor-piercing to 25
- SV-98: damage reduced to 120, armor-piercing increased to 50, set the sight 1P69 "Hyperon"
- Set "Keeper": armor is reduced to 70
- 9A-91, VSK-94: armor-piercing increased to 30
- added to the Shop: PP-2000 (9 level equipment), automatic ASH-12 (15 level equipment), sniper rifle VSSK (15 level equipment);

The Renaissance Army
Fort 17: damage reduced to 35, armor-piercing increased to 20
- AKM, RPD: armor-piercing increased to 40
- SR-2M: damage increased to 40, armor-piercing to 25
- AK-74M, A-545: damage increased to 50, armor-piercing to 30
- Kit “Hammer-UM2”: armor reduced to 75
- added to the Shop: AK-12 (15 level equipment) and SVD sniper rifle (12 level equipment);

locations:
- Added a few extra passages/bypasses to Tarakanovsky Fort

user Interface:
- Most of the elements of interface redesigned
- In the description of a weapon we've added the display of the speed of transition into the aiming mode
- Added display of empty containers for artifacts in battle
- changed the statistics screen at the end of the battle, added more detailed information about obtained experience, reputation, money

bug fixes:
- Fixed installer, causing the inability to install the game client
- Fixed a bug that caused spontaneous double shot
- Performance optimization

Now get out of here Stalker and download that patch.

Feindfeuer
Jun 20, 2013

I'm still playing it, yes, but there is no organized goon presence in the game and the few that play are scattered throughout the international timezones so there's no clan set up yet (you need 6 people online at the same time and a large stash of ingame cashmoney). Also there are no NA, SEA or EU servers, but you probably will have no problem playing it if you're located in EU territory, at least I am getting a ~50 ping from central europe most of the time.

e:
Currently it's purely a team-based shooter, the coop and free-play game modes are not released yet and probable will arrive sometime next year.

Feindfeuer
Jun 20, 2013

If you log into Survarium any day from today until January 7th you'll recieve a free christmas camo. It's kind of neat looking and free, so go pick it up and put in on a sweater.

Also the standard sweater is replaced with a christmas one during that timespan, featurng the same 'camo'.

There are also some discounts at the store, including a year of premium for $20.

Feindfeuer
Jun 20, 2013

They just added a Tutorial that allows you to get some 100 premium currency for doing one match and clicking through some useful information. Also EU servers are coming in Janurary.

Feindfeuer
Jun 20, 2013

You'll get those rewards assigned if you leveled up before, so nobody is missing out for playing before the patch.

Feindfeuer
Jun 20, 2013

HACKER! :v:
But seriously, I wasn't even aware there were downloadable replays, that's nice I think I'll have to look through some of those some time.

Feindfeuer
Jun 20, 2013

BadLlama posted:

So how is this game currently? I bought it a year ago? When it was just a $10 thing but didn't bother to download it because I assumed it was lovely and was hoping after some development time it would be good. Is it good?

If you like team based shooters it's already pretty solid. If open world and co-op instances are what you were looking for you'll have to wait a bit longer.

Feindfeuer
Jun 20, 2013

0.27a is now live.

patchnotes posted:

Gameplay:
◦Added new game mode - "Research";
◦Changed factions missions system. Now players are offered three random missions a day. Received the award depends on the medal player got for completing a mission: bronze, silver or gold;
◦Added rewards for successful actions in battle;
◦Changed the amount of experience, reputation and silver given to the player for actions in battle;
◦Added the ability to select the desired game mode for random battles;
◦Bonus for achieving first three wins in a day removed from the game;
◦Added a bleeding effect to critical damage of the torso;
◦Gunshot wounds and traps can cause bleeding, the chance depends on worn equipment and type of ammunition;
◦Now equipment can have a random modifier "protection from bleeding";
◦Onyx Artifact: the force of the active effect reduced from 95% to 50% damage absorption;
◦Reduced damage drop over distance for all sniper weapons;
◦Reduced chance of critical failure by maintaining low wear on player's equipment;
◦Changed the mechanics of piercing of surfaces: now the chance of piercing and damage depends on the angle of entry of the bullet;
◦Changed damage and armor-piercing modifiers for ammo to balance the change in the mechanics of piercing;
◦Revised the formula for calculating the chance of finding an item during Team Deathmatch;
◦Repair cost increased to 20% of the base value of the item;
◦Equipment sale cost in the shop is reduced to 15% of the base value of the item;
◦Now repair cost and sale price of an item depends on the number of positive modifiers.

Equipment and weapons:
◦Added new premium shotgun NeoStead 2000,AK-74U "Corsair", AK-74N '82 , AKM '65, Vepr-12 Molot, AK-12 M1, SKS-MF, Vepr "Wanderer", " Saiga-12C, the VSK-94 "Guardian";
◦Added new types of medicines;
◦Purchase of ammunition no longer requires reputation, all types of ammunition are available immediately;
◦VSS: distance increased to 100;
◦IZH-27 Lancaster: damage increased to 110, aiming increased to 0.35;
◦SOCOM 16: damage reduced to 75, fire rate reduced to 250, magazine size increased to 20;
◦SR-3M Vikhr: magazine size increased to 30;
◦SOCOM moved to the 13th level of equipment;
◦A Scavengers' chemical protection set moved to equipment tier 3 and now requires "Experienced" rank of reputation;
◦Antitoxin is now available for sale only at The Fringe Settlers';
◦PP-19-01 "Vityaz" moved to 5th level of equipment. Damage increased to 45;
◦The Renaissance Army's assault armor set moved to 10th level of equipment and now requires the rank of "Warrant Officer";
◦The Fringe Settlers' stalker armor set moved to 10th level of equipment and now requires the rank "Devoted";
◦Due to the change in level of equipment the basic cost of some items also changed;

Black market:
◦AKS-74U: damage reduced to 45;

The Fringe Settlers:
◦New weapon: Saiga-12 (12 level);
◦SKS: damage reduced to 60;
◦ASH-12: fire rate increased to 600, stopping power increased to 80%;
◦9A-91: distance increased to 50;
◦Bulletproof Vest "Pilgrim": added pockets capacity +2;
◦Pants "Pilgrim": slot for items replaced with artifact container, modifier added to reduce power consumption;

The Renaissance Army
◦New weapon: PKP Pecheneg (15 level);
◦New weapon: Vepr-12 (12 level);
◦New weapon: SOK-94 (level 6);
◦AK-12: damage reduced to 50, marksmanship to 40;

User Interface:
◦Added a percentage display of the General state of health;
◦Added a window that displays the distribution of weapons and equipment on the reputation levels of the groups;
◦Removed display of ammunition from shop and storage;
◦Now when accomplishing actions that reward experience, reputation or money in battle, the player will receive a short text message (can be disabled in the game settings);
◦Added display of how much experience and reputation you need to get the next level in the results window of the battle;

Bug Fix:
◦Fixed numerous resync issues and crashes;

Feindfeuer
Jun 20, 2013

Either pay gold and get it always instantly repaired, pay silver and either get it instantly repaired or in a few hours if it is critically damaged (meaning it has a stat malus), or use a repair kit for instant repairs. The repair kit can either be bought for gold or found as loot after a match.

Feindfeuer
Jun 20, 2013

I find Assault Rifles rather useful in the more open maps, you can still spray with them at close range and can accuratly fire at people over long distance if you switch them to semi-auto or squeeze out single shots. The shotguns are pretty decent for videogame shotguns but outside of close combat they often need two or more hits to take someone down, which often leads to you ending up on the losing sight of a firefight against someone with an automatic weapon... double barreled shotguns are somewhat of an exception to that, they have a suprising good range and can punch people really hard if you care to aim them carefully.

Semi-auto rifles I find useful in general, both the SKS and the drop-only M14 SOCOM are solid choices for all ranges thanks to high damage and ok-ish controllability/kick, I also find the leather-action winchester to be a suprisingly effective gun as it has low recoil, good accuracy and high damage combined with open sights.

But in entry-level matches the PPSH-41 is the top choice, the Mosin Nagant can be great in some maps but more often than not the PPSH-41 will get someone to panic and miss his Nagant shots even if he's outside of effective range.

e: Downloading the steam client atm, I sincerly hope I can just log in with my old account user/pass. Some titles have the weird idea that you can't have account sharing between your non-steam and steam instance of a game, hope this isn't one of them.

You can transfer your old non-steam account. :unsmith:

Feindfeuer fucked around with this message at 07:35 on Apr 3, 2015

Feindfeuer
Jun 20, 2013

The Mosin Nagant is one of the starter weapons, and while it's not great in actual starter matches (the PPSH-41 is just to easy to use against unarmored enemies), it actually stays viable in higher games where it still can kill dudes pretty good. Certainly a cheap marksman rifle stand-in weapon.

Never sold mine after upgrading it to max rarity. It's just too beautiful to leave if behind in the zone. :unsmith:

Feindfeuer
Jun 20, 2013

Bolow posted:

I bought the Ultimate steam pack for $20.

It gave me the $50 pack immediately, then today I logged back in and now I also have the $20 pack I originally bought :psyduck:

Guess that makes up for my 1000gold I bought like 5 months ago evaporating into the ether

Tell me how you did this, I also want to aquire a lot more than I pay for.

Feindfeuer
Jun 20, 2013

The SR3M is pretty different from the SR2M, it's one of the many 9x39 assault rifles in the game and handles pretty much like all of them in terms of recoil, spread, etc. It's not quiet as accurate as some and kicks a bit more but has a gigantic 30rnd mag to compensate for that, the higher fire-rate is actually one of its drawbacks in most situations. If you think the SR3M is a good upgrade to the SR2M you should give all the other 9x39 rifles a try. Especially the AS VAL is easy to keep on target, even on longer ranges, and comes with a silencer (like all 9x39 rifles with the exception of the SR3M).

Still using the SR3M in my assault loadout slot, cause I'm often terrible at aiming and will waste half a mag on the map geometry around the enemy while i scream 'crap, crap, crap' and fumble my mouse; so those 10 rounds extra are super handy and the reason I used traditional ARs over the 9x39 rifles before looting me a SR-3M.

e: Wait... there is an MP5 now? Is that also a rare drop? I've not seen one yet but I'd love to get my hands on some over-engineered german submachinegun tech.

Feindfeuer fucked around with this message at 06:57 on Apr 5, 2015

Feindfeuer
Jun 20, 2013

I guess, I always just shoot people because I'm terrible. As long as I'm not sluggishly slow I'm a happy, stalking Sweaterman. :unsmith:

Feindfeuer
Jun 20, 2013

I grinded both them because that was the only way to also get access to the munition those guns use, so if you were to loot some guns you'd be stuck with an unusuble gun otherwise. I'm glad they changed that and made ammo supply independent of the factions.

Feindfeuer
Jun 20, 2013

The SKS is awesome and one of the few weapons I had to actually buy and didn't get to loot. :smith:

Also about the SR-3M, just checked the weight of the other 9x39 to see how much it really matters. the 9A-91 is actually 0.4kg lighter, weighting only 1.8kg and the AS-VAL only weights 0.3kg more. The only one that is really much heavier is the VSK-94 with a hefty 0.8kg more, but it also comes with a scope and is more of a DMR/AR mix.

Do those sub 1kg changes really make a difference if you travel light anyway amd got the Athlete skill maxed out? Really want to know, because while I just gently caress around now I might be interested in actually getting good at the game in some point in the future.

Feindfeuer
Jun 20, 2013

DarkDobe posted:

Of note: It is impossible to roll a bonus stat on an item that already has it built-in, for example you cannot roll movespeed on boots that already include the 2% movespeed buff.

The handy guide and chart of possible rolls can be found here:

https://support.survarium.com/index.php?/en/Knowledgebase/Article/View/249/0/modification-of-items

That's quiet the helpful piece of info. So the Athlete just allows you to carry more but still slows you down in the process, just without making you unable to run, like when you're over your weight limit?

Feindfeuer
Jun 20, 2013

Most Devs suck at their games. Like really, it almost seems to be some kind of unwritten videogame law.

Feindfeuer
Jun 20, 2013

Problem with videogames in general, you can't have realistic iron sights. It just doesn't work. If you model them correctly you'll see nothing as they obscure too much, which is not a problem with the way actual eyes work. If you soften up the model ppl cry about the model beeing unrealistic... if you'd try to create a compound picture of how an actual eye sees through sights ppl would probably get motion sickness or something. All of this of course is even more pronounced as humans have a far wieder field of view than any monitor provides.

No matter what you do, you'll always find people complaining about the way you solve it; but i also prefer soften up sight models; it just goes natural with the way my senses are dulled and restricted in a videogame.

Feindfeuer
Jun 20, 2013

Well, wenn i sit around waiting in queue for 15 minutes in my high-end gear I want to stomp some helpless people armored with ugly sweaters and armed with hope and nothing else. It's unfair to me, as an rear end in a top hat, to have to actually put effort into my kills. :colbert:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Feindfeuer
Jun 20, 2013

I started playing this game again over the weekend, and first got my poo poo pushed in a lot. Not only because I haven't played a lot of shooters in the last few weeks (not counting flying planes and driving tanks) but also thanks to all the players using the new weapons with actual useful sights. If starting fresh again this weekend teached me anything about weapon choice in Survarium, than it's all about picking a gun with usable sights.

For me, finally looting a Vepr bullpup AK made the difference. I knew there were terrible sights, like on the UZI, but i thought I made good use of the standard AK sights until I got this gun and actually started to consistantly hit people at any range and at the same time I started to notice that people picking me off were using mostly the fancy new western reflex sights that you can now find on quiet some guns.
I stuck with my blue A-545 and orange VAL before, but my low, grey Vepr tops them both thanks to its sights.

It's like playing a different game. :stare:

• Locked thread