Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Pokedad
Jan 27, 2005
I am a creepy cunt.
In game as Pokedad.

So far, I'm being constantly spawn killed by Russians and this one guy who has 350 ping (the only person on the map with over 100) is getting 30 to 5 KD.

It's floaty where Stalker felt weighty and the whole reason I bought it (Stalker but all the NPCs are people) won't be happening for a year.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pokedad
Jan 27, 2005
I am a creepy cunt.
The ping is great from Australia.

Trip report:

The gunplay feels better the more you play with it.
The weapons feel pretty good and balanced.
You'll die pretty much instantly until you get yourself some armour.
The starting pistol is terrible in the right way. That sounds weird, I guess... It's not very powerful and decent armour will more or less stop it completely. It's a very steep learning curve, but it forces you to think about sticking with team members, working togther, picking your battles and aiming well instead of unloading clips.
Firing weapons that aren't the starting pistol is expensive. You pay for each round. Again, it forces you to think about engaging. Firing clips down a hallway in the hope of hitting something is going to cost you a fortune that could've gone to better equipment.

My first round was on an ugly, misty, grey map. It was raining and the rain looked nice but I was pretty disappointed by how dreary it looked. Turns out it was just really good weather effects. The same level in other weather conditions is beautiful. It actually made me reconsider my initial opinion on the rainy day. It looked like a cold, foggy, rainy poo poo of a day should.

At the moment there's only a single game type. There are ten boxes of stuff around the level. Your team needs to get as many as they can and bring them back to the base. At the end of a 15 minute round, the team with the most boxes wins. This should lead to team based back and forth. An early rush to secure them and then a team based series of raids on bases to steal the others. What it ends up being is an initial rush and then a stalemate. There are exceptions, but most of the time it ends up turning into TDM after that. I expect that to get better once clans are implemented. Once they include the objective system, I think the multi will mix up really well.

Still pissed that we aren't getting an open world until next year.

Pokedad
Jan 27, 2005
I am a creepy cunt.
The starting pistol seems to be there to teach you a harsh lesson in Stalkernomics. You will die if you run into firefights guns blazing. By making you use a small clipped, low damage pistol, you are kind of forced to stick with a group and not randomly fire at people you see miles away.

The hunting rifle is really good. With AP ammo, it will often one-shot a lightly armoured target. Even with a body shot.

So far I've found grenades to be useless for kills. they're for clearing enemies out of cover. That might change if you level up your explosives skill, though. apparently it makes blast damage and radius a lot better.

Oh and let's all be BFFs in game My name is Pokedad. It'll be nice when clans start.

• Locked thread