Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dunno-Lars
Apr 7, 2011
:norway:

:iiam:

Eight-Six posted:

My duplicate and the original person both developed "duplicate sickness" which the game said would be debilitating but not fatal. "Debilitating" means 10% consciousness for both pawns so long as both were alive. Farewell Pawn #2.

Isn't that low enough to kill with a smokeleaf? Let them go out while high as a kite.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Doomykins
Jun 28, 2008

Didn't you mean to ask about flowers?
I think Anomaly adds a good set of frameworks to the base game, as well as continuing to increase encounter and event variety. Enabling the monolith just for encounters is a totally valid low effort approach, matching how I typically handle the Empire where I get 1 psycast link and free rank, get honor if I want to or let them come and go as a random neighboring colony. Anomaly may not hit as hard as Biotech but it's a great addition.

The mod scene is gonna do some wild things with Anomaly and the containment system, I can't wait to see the VE guys get cracking.

A trio of giant snakes that can "lunge whole body lengths, devour humanoids whole and regurgitate the skeleton in seconds" attacked. Psycast Burden proved incredible here with their 200% innate sensitivity, no one shots witnessed. They're super thicc so they all downed unconscious and I got one! Glad I overdid the cell protections, just enough to contain it, study it and harvest bioferrite from it. This feels very cool.

:twisted: My Dark Studies have shifted to getting chronophagy as soon as possible because my best architect aged and got a bad back. Now I can fix it without uhm, being a big cheap dev mode weenie about it.

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
Chronophagy sounds great to me considering I was complaining a while back about how many times I had to pod my seniors to stop getting bad backa. Still use the pods for age maintainable but the onboarding process will be a lot quicker

DarkLich
Feb 19, 2004
I chronophaged a prisoner into the ripe old age of 130 before his brain gave out

Now my colony is full of hot singles in their 20s

A jargogle
Feb 22, 2011

Eight-Six posted:

My duplicate and the original person both developed "duplicate sickness" which the game said would be debilitating but not fatal. "Debilitating" means 10% consciousness for both pawns so long as both were alive. Farewell Pawn #2.

Just curious what would happen if you shoved one or other into a crypto sleep or took them off the map?

Broken Cog
Dec 29, 2009

We're all friends here
Ok, so apparently psychically deaf pawns can straight up just see invisible enemies?
Good reason to keep an Yttakin around, I guess.

Edit: Or a ghoul, of course

Broken Cog fucked around with this message at 23:47 on Apr 17, 2024

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
:staredog: That seems super obvious in hindsight but drat I never would have thought of it

Leal
Oct 2, 2009
Somedays I think the prostrat is having your pawns be psychically deaf. Immunity to a lot of psycasts (are hostile psycasters even a thing in vanilla?), immunity to psychic drones. Sure they can't benefit from soothes but after a point those just stop appearing and all you get are drones.

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

LET ME TELL YOU ABOUT MY DOG
I'm actually glad to see some straight up advantage to psychic deafness because it's been going very heavily the other way for quite a while now.

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

was there a time when speedwagon didn't get trolled

Leal posted:

Somedays I think the prostrat is having your pawns be psychically deaf. Immunity to a lot of psycasts (are hostile psycasters even a thing in vanilla?), immunity to psychic drones. Sure they can't benefit from soothes but after a point those just stop appearing and all you get are drones.

No hostile psycasters are present in vanilla. Not sure what you mean by soothes not appearing past a certain point, I've gotten soothes on 7 year old 3 million wealth colonies.

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

Broken Cog posted:

Ok, so apparently psychically deaf pawns can straight up just see invisible enemies?

That makes so much sense I thought I was having a weird conflict with a mod or something

Archenteron
Nov 3, 2006

:marc:

Flesh Forge posted:

I'm actually glad to see some straight up advantage to psychic deafness because it's been going very heavily the other way for quite a while now.

Conversely, as someone without Royalty, I'm glad to finally see a disadvantage to Psychic Deafness instead of it just being a free two points in a custom xenogerm - the penalty to void rituals

Oscar aint no Slouch
Apr 29, 2014
I decided to try my hand at fixing up an abandoned mod that I really liked (and it looks like I'm the 4th in a line of code janitors for this thing breaking between versions) so if anyone cares here is realistic planets for 1.5 https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=3225521979

It can help you play out your own legally distinct dune, it can group faction bases together real nation-state-like, and it's very vanilla and not too crazy with biomes

Tankbuster
Oct 1, 2021
Is it safe to add VE mods that have been updated?

Oscar aint no Slouch posted:

I decided to try my hand at fixing up an abandoned mod that I really liked (and it looks like I'm the 4th in a line of code janitors for this thing breaking between versions) so if anyone cares here is realistic planets for 1.5 https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=3225521979

It can help you play out your own legally distinct dune, it can group faction bases together real nation-state-like, and it's very vanilla and not too crazy with biomes

`Thank you for this. Does it work with the mod that makes the map look prettier?

isndl
May 2, 2012
I WON A CONTEST IN TG AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS CUSTOM TITLE

Tankbuster posted:

Is it safe to add VE mods that have been updated?

Depends on where you draw the line on 'safe', I suppose. The game won't crash but there are all sorts of weird small bugs that can pop up.

Oscar aint no Slouch
Apr 29, 2014

Tankbuster posted:

Does it work with the mod that makes the map look prettier?

yes it will work out of the box with it, but that mod has yet to get its own 1.5 so it's a bit buggy right now

highly recommend getting the geological landforms and biome transitions mods too while you're at it

Tankbuster
Oct 1, 2021

Oscar aint no Slouch posted:

yes it will work out of the box with it, but that mod has yet to get its own 1.5 so it's a bit buggy right now

highly recommend getting the geological landforms and biome transitions mods too while you're at it

thank you for the forewarning and recommendations.

isndl posted:

Depends on where you draw the line on 'safe', I suppose. The game won't crash but there are all sorts of weird small bugs that can pop up.

aww, I wanted darkleather boots.

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

if you mean "add to a colony already running" I wouldn't really recommend that, a whole bunch of poo poo will get added to things like storage categories and recipe lists and it's pretty wonky.

Tankbuster
Oct 1, 2021
I know well enough to not add mods after starting a run. What is the mod people use for forcing certain xenotypes to certain factions?

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2891975564

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Broken Cog posted:

Does that also work with the tinfoil hats?

juggalo baby coffin
Dec 2, 2007

How would the dog wear goggles and even more than that, who makes the goggles?

i started with the Anomaly start and my aged researchers who arrived here with their ghoul buddy are now mysteriously healthy youngsters, just don't ask whats in the shed or where the new ghouls keep coming from

Doomykins
Jun 28, 2008

Didn't you mean to ask about flowers?
The greatest strength of Anomaly is definitely the causal love and embrace of new crimes. War crimes, crimes against humanity, crimes against existence itself...

Hihohe
Oct 4, 2008

Fuck you and the sun you live under

Everyone embracing the Age reversal ritual reminded me of the Meat Canyon Pickleball episode. But replace pickleball with The Cube i guess

https://youtu.be/rkMJCVjNtoM?si=MNTrtld78WGOU-9J

Broken Cog
Dec 29, 2009

We're all friends here
Am I gonna regret it later if I spam this alchemy guys' ability on CD, because drat, he's making me a lot of gold.

Edit: Oh, his organs are rotting. RIP

Edit2: Had to take apart a prisoner (cultist that tried to kidnap my colonists, so gently caress 'em), but managed to replace his heart and a kidney.
Hopefully he decides to stay

OwlFancier posted:

Does that also work with the tinfoil hats?
Maybe? Worth a shot.

Broken Cog fucked around with this message at 18:15 on Apr 18, 2024

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gadzuko
Feb 14, 2005

Broken Cog posted:

Am I gonna regret it later if I spam this alchemy guys' ability on CD, because drat, he's making me a lot of gold.

Edit: Oh, his organs are rotting. RIP

Edit2: Had to take apart a prisoner (cultist that tried to kidnap my colonists, so gently caress 'em), but managed to replace his heart and a kidney.
Hopefully he decides to stay

Maybe? Worth a shot.

If it makes you feel better my alchemist almost immediately developed brain rot without me using their ability at all, so I don't think it is tied to that.