Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
My dark scholar dude was just like "Alright I'm all set, see you later" and bounced out. Not a mental break or anything, it looks like the thing he was hiding was that he was going to move on in a few weeks

Like at least he wasn't a traitor but I liked the guy :saddumb:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mzbundifund
Nov 5, 2011

I'm afraid so.
Could always arrest him on the way out

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

TaurusTorus posted:

Cannibalism is only eating an exact copy of myself.

“And that’s why I set up the cloning vats.”

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=3223932605&searchtext=

:barf: What is WRONG with some people

Telsa Cola
Aug 19, 2011

No... this is all wrong... this whole operation has just gone completely sidewaysface

Golden sphere

Arcvasti
Jun 12, 2019

Never trust a bird.

Broken Cog posted:

I mean, you can just trigger the first tier of the Monolith and stay there, and you'll get the base anomaly events and enemies, as well as access to all the basic void research. It's more akin to royalty or mechanitor in that you have to choose to interact with it, though.

This is actually not true, you can get advanced entities even with the monolith still on basic. I got one of the obelisks + some second tier shamblers that way.

I'd also found basic entities before poking the monolith at all, but they were in an ancient danger so that's an edge case.

George Sex - REAL
Dec 1, 2005

Bisssssssexual
Ghouls are pretty cool because their special prosthetics don't add any extra to pawn value. You can create a xeno germ that makes them combat beasts and implant it into anyone before you ghoul them. Let's you have really great melee pawns that only add ~300 value to the colony.

Broken Cog
Dec 29, 2009

We're all friends here

Arcvasti posted:

This is actually not true, you can get advanced entities even with the monolith still on basic. I got one of the obelisks + some second tier shamblers that way.

I'd also found basic entities before poking the monolith at all, but they were in an ancient danger so that's an edge case.

I've seen people get the obelisk with the monolith on tier 1, but that's the only one. It's also not close to being one of the worst ones.
I'm curious if that one, and maybe a couple of the other tier 2 entities, can show up earlier, as they aren't as bad as the rest.

Sokani
Jul 20, 2006

Bison

Broken Cog posted:

I've seen people get the obelisk with the monolith on tier 1, but that's the only one. It's also not close to being one of the worst ones.
I'm curious if that one, and maybe a couple of the other tier 2 entities, can show up earlier, as they aren't as bad as the rest.

I've been holding off on attuning the monolith and so far I've gotten Chimeras, Devourers, and 3 obelisks. I also got a Revenant but that was from a quest. The attune option says it attracts more powerful entities so I assume the worst events are locked behind it but I don't know.

QuarkJets
Sep 8, 2008

hosed up

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

Most disgusting mod ever created

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva
good lord what is happening in there

even worse, to add insult to injury: they have exposed wiring like animals. Might as well live in a barn.

Mindless
Dec 7, 2001

WANTED: INFO on Mindless. Anything! Everything! Send to
Pillbug
Hmm, never had both Deserter and noble rescue be available at the same time. Of course I fired them both off, deserter first. It did not affect my ability to accept the noble quest for honor. The hostile imperial is chasing down the noble and there are 4 shamblers between the deserter hussar with the best gun on the map and the hostile. Shits crazy yo

Ed: shamblers are slow and hostile was a fukin Genie lol this game

Mindless fucked around with this message at 01:22 on Apr 17, 2024

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

George Sex - REAL posted:

Ghouls are pretty cool because their special prosthetics don't add any extra to pawn value. You can create a xeno germ that makes them combat beasts and implant it into anyone before you ghoul them. Let's you have really great melee pawns that only add ~300 value to the colony.

I feel like they should live in monster closets that open behind invaders.

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

The Lone Badger posted:

I feel like they should live in monster closets that open behind invaders.

:hai: The classics are the classics for a reason. Big empty room with a keycard in the middle, no raider can resist that

Jabarto
Apr 7, 2007

I could do with your...assistance.
Rimworld just taught me a new phrase; "organ murder".

It was a steep learning curve but this game was truly made for me.

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
We have such sights to show you

Jabarto
Apr 7, 2007

I could do with your...assistance.
Mind you, this was after he spend a year as my prisoner, confined to a bed after getting both legs shattered, as I plundered his entire genome and sold off his kidney and one of his lungs.

I didn't have the presence of mind to make him into dog food afterwards but nobody's perfect.

isndl
May 2, 2012
I WON A CONTEST IN TG AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS CUSTOM TITLE

Danaru posted:

Lmao I thought "Cannon bone" was just a hediff so they could hold weapons

Knowing nothing about horse skeletons, I can only assume a cannon bone is a reference to RJW compatibility. A boner that shoots stuff.

Duct Tape Engineer
Feb 16, 2005

Look at you, hacker: a pathetic creature of meat and bone, panting and sweating as you run through my corridors. How can you challenge a perfect, immortal machine?

Torrannor posted:

I see, thanks. At least it's not humongous dragon dongs...

don't worry, RJW includes humongous dragon dongs

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

Why would an ambulance be leaving the hospital?
Tread carefully, thread

Carcer
Aug 7, 2010
You're asking a lot from the rimworld thread.

Duct Tape Engineer
Feb 16, 2005

Look at you, hacker: a pathetic creature of meat and bone, panting and sweating as you run through my corridors. How can you challenge a perfect, immortal machine?

HopperUK posted:

Tread carefully, thread

fair enough; I really wish I didn't know the things I know about that mod

Archenteron
Nov 3, 2006

:marc:
I unshackled the Torment Nexus. :orb:

It went well... until it didn't.

Archenteron fucked around with this message at 13:57 on Apr 17, 2024

canepazzo
May 29, 2006

Got a distress call and investigated a flesh overrun village with a couple of monsters, found a shard and killed all the monsters and flesh nodes, but the quest is still active - what else am I supposed to do?

Sokani
Jul 20, 2006

Bison

canepazzo posted:

Got a distress call and investigated a flesh overrun village with a couple of monsters, found a shard and killed all the monsters and flesh nodes, but the quest is still active - what else am I supposed to do?

That should be it, just return with what you want.

Doomykins
Jun 28, 2008

Didn't you mean to ask about flowers?
Set up a nice holding cell. Now to get an eldritch horror to put in it.

Horde of 20 shamblers attacks, wall up like it's an animal attack and wait for them to rot because they have staggered re-animation times and they're on the bad side of engagement math with their tankiness and numbers, even if easily kited. They split themselves and beggars even show up on the last day. I'm really bad about teching up my weaponry at a good pace in early to mid game but perhaps tactics and psycasts are good enough to make it balanced. Drag six shamblers into the beggars and wait to collect the unconscious.

They shank every zombie down and even finish them off. Damnit. I think I need to aggressively farm for melee dudes to put in armor, my current set up is almost pure firing squad. Between this, the next encounter and an attack by human spike bombs I'm surprised how many horrors are vulnerable to getting punched in the face. Maybe it's only the T1 monsters.

Open an ancient vault near my base and giant flesh hulk, flesh dogs, flesh tripod dogs, flesh spikenauts. One hulk, 3 spiked guys, two tripods and two dogs. Tripods and hulk fall apart into smaller guys when hit hard enough. My psycasts and melee holders can do the job safely now but all of them are downed with killing blows.. and the small dogs evaporate almost instantly even when KO'd, returning to hell I guess.

:argh: I'm screaming at the abyss that if it's so scary why won't it fight me!? Researching summon rituals now but kinda slow without monsters to study.

Really enjoying the level up system in Vanilla Expanded psionics. It's been awhile since I thought about psycasting intelligently past getting access to Berserk since the powers pool was so small until about Biotech.

Doomykins fucked around with this message at 14:35 on Apr 17, 2024

Kate Lockwell
Feb 17, 2010

I'm going to throw left-handed. Is only way I can be satisfied. If I use my right... over too quickly.

Oh no!

Oh... no?

Bread Enthusiast
Oct 26, 2010

Gonna Social you to death!

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

The description doesn't specify the target of the murderous intent.

He's going minecraft himself to traumatize the other guy.

Kate Lockwell
Feb 17, 2010

I'm going to throw left-handed. Is only way I can be satisfied. If I use my right... over too quickly.
His target was his original self

We'll never know what would happen, his sanguophage wife ran up and Gallagher'd his head with one swing of her plasteel warhammer

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

I like that the monolith duplicates can actually come in a variety of different types of broken. I think all of the ones I've encountered so far have something wrong with them which I usually wait to diagnose before summarily executing them and throwing them what was originally supposed to be the tomb for honoured colonist dead, and still technically is, but is rapidly becoming a farce because one guy had three graves with his corpse in and he wasn't even dead yet

I think a few of them would theoretically be curable if you had the right resources or were able to diagnose the problem in time.

Mzbundifund
Nov 5, 2011

I'm afraid so.

OwlFancier posted:

I think a few of them would theoretically be curable if you had the right resources or were able to diagnose the problem in time.

I got a hostile dupe that I was able to KO and arrest. I recruited them as normal and they’ve been a normal colonist for like two years now so I’m going to assume if another shoe was going to drop it would have by now. Welcome to the colony, Fake Cray.

Bread Enthusiast
Oct 26, 2010

I've been using Stuart 3 for chronophagy. He's now like 98 and has dementia, his brain is rotting, and he's usually in a coma, but he's been helping everyone out so much! Such a trooper!

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

People say you can't euthanize people just because they're a clone, but what if the clone had bad vibes?

(it is slightly weird how you can just tell any colonist to go get euthanized and they will do it no problem)

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

Kate Lockwell posted:

His target was his original self

We'll never know what would happen, his sanguophage wife ran up and Gallagher'd his head with one swing of her plasteel warhammer

Happy wife, happy life indeed

Kate Lockwell
Feb 17, 2010

OwlFancier posted:

I like that the monolith duplicates can actually come in a variety of different types of broken. I think all of the ones I've encountered so far have something wrong with them which I usually wait to diagnose before summarily executing them and throwing them what was originally supposed to be the tomb for honoured colonist dead, and still technically is, but is rapidly becoming a farce because one guy had three graves with his corpse in and he wasn't even dead yet

The very first monolith duplicate I got had rapid organ degradation, but luckily my prisoners guests were happy to make life-saving donations

Broken Cog
Dec 29, 2009

We're all friends here
Exploring the Pit Gate turns out to be pretty lucrative. In one excursion I got one Excellent Marine Helmet, one Archotech Arm, a bunch of gold, and some glitterworld medicine.

Eight-Six
Oct 26, 2007

OwlFancier posted:

My duplicate and the original person both developed "duplicate sickness" which the game said would be debilitating but not fatal. "Debilitating" means 10% consciousness for both pawns so long as both were alive. Farewell Pawn #2.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

OwlFancier posted:

(it is slightly weird how you can just tell any colonist to go get euthanized and they will do it no problem)

They're all millenials.