Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

Bread Enthusiast posted:

I had it done via food from a compromised cook

Oh god I didn't even think of that

More reasons to stick to paste :lofty:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mzbundifund
Nov 5, 2011

I'm afraid so.
Paste is a liability if you are sent to the labyrinth

Broken Cog
Dec 29, 2009

We're all friends here
So I got the Obelisk that Mutates people.
Are any of the mutations worth it? Some of them seem decent enough, though the pain is annoying unless you're running a pain is virtue ideology.

Sokani
Jul 20, 2006

Bison

Broken Cog posted:

Are any of the mutations worth it? Some of them seem decent enough, though the pain is annoying unless you're running a pain is virtue ideology.

There's an arm mutation that gives manipulation and one that gives a good melee attack. One of my starting pawns had asthma and 2 out of 2 mutations went to lungs for them, not sure if it targets damaged parts or if I just got lucky. You can also have a miss, like when I got the stomach mutation on a pigskin, end result is more pain. And by the description it sounds like if I replace it it spawns a flesh monster, but I haven't tried that yet.

Gadzuko
Feb 14, 2005
Got a couple who have had two kids so far with a third on the way. One randomly took the nickname "Deadlift" and the second is "Pecs". I guess I'm raising a new generation of bros who love to work out now.

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

Why would an ambulance be leaving the hospital?
I've been watching Samuel Streamer play (I really enjoy his Rimworld series) and he also had the gymbro name epidemic, such that he themed a miniseries after it.

Now he's playing Anomaly and I was crying laughing watching some of the nonsense that can happen.

Lead out in cuffs
Sep 18, 2012

"That's right. We've evolved."

"I can see that. Cool mutations."

Ok started playing this again, and decided I should try finishing a mostly vanilla run before trying out the expansions.

I have a timber wolf as a starting pet, and I've been trying to get it to feed on the corpses in the corpse freezer, but it just isn't. I've zoned it so it can go inside the corpse freezer and not into the food part of the bigger freezer, and it seems to be following the zones, but the corpses aren't getting smaller.

It seems like maybe the bonded owner guy is feeding it raw meat from the freezer? Is there a way I can stop that? Do I need to butcher the corpses or something?

silentsnack
Mar 19, 2009

Donald John Trump (born June 14, 1946) is the 45th and current President of the United States. Before entering politics, he was a businessman and television personality.

Lead out in cuffs posted:

Ok started playing this again, and decided I should try finishing a mostly vanilla run before trying out the expansions.

I have a timber wolf as a starting pet, and I've been trying to get it to feed on the corpses in the corpse freezer, but it just isn't. I've zoned it so it can go inside the corpse freezer and not into the food part of the bigger freezer, and it seems to be following the zones, but the corpses aren't getting smaller.

It seems like maybe the bonded owner guy is feeding it raw meat from the freezer? Is there a way I can stop that? Do I need to butcher the corpses or something?

Do you have the wolf set for training to haul/etc? Training sessions revolve around treats, which for carnivores is raw meat.

Lead out in cuffs
Sep 18, 2012

silentsnack posted:

Do you have the wolf set for training to haul/etc? Training sessions revolve around treats, which for carnivores is raw meat.

I did, so that could have been it. But his bonded dude is an animal wizard and trained him to the max levels in just a few days.

Guess I'll just keep watching him to see...

Bread Enthusiast
Oct 26, 2010

The training decays over time and needs to be re-trained, so maybe he's just topping up the training with your raw meat?

LonsomeSon
Nov 22, 2009

A fishperson in an intimidating hat!

Going to be honest, if some authority told me I couldn't give my dog treats and he had to subsist on frozen human corpses, I would keep giving the treats.

Telsa Cola
Aug 19, 2011

No... this is all wrong... this whole operation has just gone completely sidewaysface
No-one, not even owners, feed animals food outside of training or bringing food to said animal if its bedridden. It's just not a mechanic outside of mods.

Who ever is set to train the animal is likely still topping off the training/tameness and feeding it

QuarkJets
Sep 8, 2008

Broken Cog posted:

Mutations can replace lost limbs, which is pretty cool. I've had one lung mutation, which gave immunity to lung rot and asthma at the cost of a little pain. Another that was a big tentacle arm, basically like having a bionic weapon arm, no pain but it's -1 beauty.

Sokani
Jul 20, 2006

Bison

patch notes posted:

Anomaly content is less dominant by default

That's good, Anomaly was a little dominating.

quote:

-Malaria
-Flu
-Malaria

:what: Bring back the horrors.

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

I assumed anomaly being extra was on purpose. Lovcraftian horror is not heroic fantasy. Which works fine if you are using Rimworld as a story generator rather than a base builder.

A lovecraftian rimworld scenario would be "Three castaways struggle to survive on a remote planet. This is how they died"

Lead out in cuffs
Sep 18, 2012

Also lol, my colony is up to five now, and my highest intellectual skill is 2. The highest social skill is 6, but the guy who has it just turned 50 and started going deaf. The prisoner I have cooking isn't much better, but at least he's got intellect 4...

Edit: one of the corpses is missing more body parts! Yay I'm pretty sure the wolf is eating them...

Lead out in cuffs fucked around with this message at 05:53 on Apr 19, 2024

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things

Facebook Aunt posted:

I assumed anomaly being extra was on purpose. Lovcraftian horror is not heroic fantasy. Which works fine if you are using Rimworld as a story generator rather than a base builder.

A lovecraftian rimworld scenario would be "Three castaways struggle to survive on a remote planet. This is how they died"

Yeah, its a specific option now where you can tweak Anomaly event dominance all the way from 0-100% in your storyteller settings which is neat. You can no legitimately do a full on horror playthrough with no regular raids at all.

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

Lead out in cuffs posted:

Edit: one of the corpses is missing more body parts! Yay I'm pretty sure the wolf is eating them...

Strong ‘audiolog found in an abandoned colony’ energy.

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Objection! I object! That was... objectionable!

Taco Defender

Telsa Cola posted:

No-one, not even owners, feed animals food outside of training or bringing food to said animal if its bedridden. It's just not a mechanic outside of mods.

Who ever is set to train the animal is likely still topping off the training/tameness and feeding it
The part where it's a timber wolf is key here - they don't just stay tame like a domestic dog, which means feeding it meat every once in a while to keep tameness up. (and also keeping around someone with 8+ animal handling skill)

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

My friend wanted me to show him Rimworld and so he designed a faction of exclusive cannibals.
Then a wolf attacked and killed one pawn and injured the other.

I couldn't stop loving laughing out loud when I saw the message "Alex is feeding Rory to John." and an animation of one pawn lovingly feeding a huge obese corpse to the bedridden pawn.

Bread Enthusiast
Oct 26, 2010

Oof, I just had a new-to-me disaster. Someone called my colony asking to join, but they'd be followed by a yttakin raid. I take a quick survey of the situation; defenses all good, nobody's wounded or sick, and that raid on the quest dialog isn't that big anyway. OK, sure, come join!

The joinee arrives on the map, moving incredibly slowly. She turns out to be a Slowpoke with a leg scar. I'm thinking she isn't gonna make it into the base before the raid hits but whatever. I set everyone's active zone to be 'inside walls' so there won't be anyone trapped outside when the raid arrives.

Except the raid comes in drop pods. They land right in my kitchen. One of my home-grown adults, a 18-year old with Tough, Sanguine, Ranged 17 and Cooking 16 is killed by a drop pod landing on him. Never seen that before.

We deal with the raid, hold three funerals (the yttakin also let off a triple rocket-launcher right into the dining room), and then, to top things off, the new arrivee immediately has a mental break and overdoses on yayo and gets a Psychite Addiction. Real glad we helped you, lady.

Drop pods crushing people. Who knew?

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

Flesh Forge posted:

when I had it happen it was done in their sleep because I was (am) running a hedonist eusocial love bug bed and everybody has uh, ~access~ to everybody else, I'm pretty sure everyone got infected in one night. apparently they did not think of such a scenario so they've put in some sort of cooldown or other mechanism to keep it from overtaking the whole colony before you can do anything about it, it's intended to stop being covert once it's infected 50% of your colonists.
e: I've read that infected doctors treating wounded or doing surgery will infect their patients, infected doctors will also lie about their surgical inspection results

Condom commercials have gotten dark

QuarkJets
Sep 8, 2008

lol, the wanderer who had a mysterious affinity for anomaly poo poo has been with my colony for 2 years and just accidentally released a wave of psychic agony for several days. +100% pain to anyone standing near him. Poor dude tried to hold it in but I guess poo poo his pants so hard that no one can be near him without being in pain.

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

Sometimes you can only hold a fart in for so long.

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

LET ME TELL YOU ABOUT MY DOG

Leal posted:

Condom commercials have gotten dark

when you sleep with someone, you're sleeping with every gigantic barbed metallic parasite they've ever slept with

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

XCOM rear end accuracy.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Does anyone have reasonable settings recommendation for using smokeleaf to improve mood without creating addicts?

Anticheese
Feb 13, 2008

$60,000,000 sexbot
:rodimus:

Once every three days when mood falls below a threshold?

Broken Cog
Dec 29, 2009

We're all friends here
Some of these book descriptions are fairly amusing

Edit: Anyone know if voidsight serum lets the pawn see invisible entities?

VROOM VROOM
Jun 8, 2005

Bread Enthusiast posted:

Drop pods crushing people. Who knew?

This is how my one endgame pawn death happened in my first winning run, my one melee guy got wounded and the next raid dropped onto his hospital bed. :rip: Mike

Broken Cog
Dec 29, 2009

We're all friends here
Man, the Revenant should come with built-in Benny Hill music, had to chase that fucker around the map for a full day.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Yeah it has a shitload of health, you really want some kind of fire weapon to make it panic and something like a chain shotgun to just blast it down with damage.

Skilled melee pawns can also work if it's on the run as it shouldn't try to engage them.

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

I get the impression you're not really supposed to do it in one go, you're supposed to get attacked and then fail to catch it and research a thing, repeat 2-3 times. I was just kind of lucky I had enough damage to kill it in one phase I guess

Mzbundifund
Nov 5, 2011

I'm afraid so.
EMP stuns it for a long time, you can unload hard into it if you set up first.

Schwza
Apr 28, 2008
Collins began researching a strange obelisk that dropped from the stars. When she touched it she was duplicated. Cloneins was not an aristocrat but still had the joyfuzz ability: score. After giving Cloneins new organs for her deficient ones Collins rejects her boyfriends proposal for marriage. He was devastated. Not less than 12 hours later I receive the notification that Cloneins and the boyfriend are now lovers. 10/10 dudes rock

LonsomeSon
Nov 22, 2009

A fishperson in an intimidating hat!

One of my first major Rimworld memories was 5-6 years ago, I had done a modded five-pawn Spacer embark with names based on (and skillets loosely based on) myself and four friends.

On day 2, as we were getting the walk-in freezer finished up by putting the roof on, a drop pod with chinchilla fur smashed through the new roof directly on my brosef’s pawn, killing him instantly.

Doomykins
Jun 28, 2008

Didn't you mean to ask about flowers?
I fought some spooky boyes that had 200% psy sensitivity so that the basic Burden spell knocked them unconscious(might be a mod thing but it'd snare them to like 30% unmodded) wonder if that is shared by anomaly monsters.

It'd be cool and scary if a few were psionically deaf and ignore your super powers entirely. Honest lead and steel or die, colonist.

Mzbundifund
Nov 5, 2011

I'm afraid so.
Discovered last night if a pregnant colonist is cloned the clone is also pregnant.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

There are both some that are very psy sensitive and some that are completely resistant.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

Just had my tribal witch doctor (11 medical skill) do a string of longshot transplants (two kidneys, a lung, and a heart) on one toot of go-juice :coffeepal: