Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Phrosphor
Feb 25, 2007

Urbanisation

I picked this up last night and ended up playing until really late. The main thing that surprised me was that the tactical simulation showed that there was some decent depth behind it. Just the simple feedback on your guys aiming and shots hitting cover was a lot more than I was expecting from what I initially assumed was just a Prison Architect rip off.

The game needs a lot of work, but it is already fun. I can see myself enjoying building little outdoorsy forts to defend. I don't like mining into the rock too much as it seems to make things too easy.

Needs a lot more feedback on colonist moods and how to make them happy, but I hope all that is coming soon.

Game is pretty atmospheric, I lose my first successful settlement because I built a little power room backed up to my colonists housing. I filled it with batteries for my solar panels to charge and didn't put a door on it, this mean the room had no roof. Shortly after topping out on stored power a rainstorm happened. One of my colonists got struck by lightning and set on fire, and while I was dealing with that the batteries all short circuited in the rain and exploded, taking out most of my living quarters. Then the raiders attacked. Because I no longer had the batteries my sentry guns had no power and the raiders were able to finish off my injured, burining settlers with impunity.

Good fun.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Phrosphor
Feb 25, 2007

Urbanisation

Lprsti99 posted:

Yep, love this game, it's the KS I'm most happy with backing. Haven't played for a while, think I'm going to wait for the next update before jumping back in.

Yeah I am really looking forward to the next update. Hopefully the modding community gets going as well. I had a look recently and all I really saw was someone trying to mod in ALL THE GUNS and that was about it.

Phrosphor
Feb 25, 2007

Urbanisation

Roadie posted:

Jeez, mechanoids.

At this point the only way I can see of really beating them even semi-reliably is to make an infinitely long maze corridor entrance dug into a mountain that curves around and around with turrets absolutely everywhere.

Serious Dungeon Keeper vibe from what you just wrote.

Phrosphor
Feb 25, 2007

Urbanisation

Are pilum crazy powerful or something? I had an early raid consisting of one tribal with a pilum, I drafted my 5 shooting careful shooter with the survival rifle to deal with him. He hit the raider 5 times and the guy was bleeding out from the gunshot wounds but was able to crawl into throwing range and throw one spear to instantly kill my guy. Was I just really unlucky or are throwing spears really deadly?