Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

A while ago someone mentioned keeping their generator room frozen to minimise infestations. Can you do this to your entire base and just keep everyone in parkas?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

Alchenar posted:

You went full 40k. This is not a bad thing.

If he does that then the Marines need to be Incapable of Crafting, Construction and Research.
(They have not been inducted into the mysteries of the Machine Cult and don't know how to make anything. Also, research is heresy.)

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

Someone posted a Luci farming method earlier.

Capture raiders, inject with luciferum, remove eyes, release. They'll come back as part of a later raid, because they're addicted to luciferum they'll be carrying several doses, and because they have no eyes they're easy to take down. Rinse and repeat.

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

AAAAA! Real Muenster posted:

I had one dude with a shoddy small bow and arrow down four of my dudes, who had a Sniper Rifle, two with assault rifles, and a shotgun.

I hope you recruited him.

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

Is there any reason not to have a horde of trained boars for hauling, combat and emergency rations?

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

Cup Runneth Over posted:

Problem is, you can't hunt with a melee weapon, so anyone who's out and about hunting cannot be carrying a melee weapon at any time. These are the people most vulnerable to sudden fox attacks by far.

What if they have a pet boar or five?

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

I understand a chicken reactor needs to be set up with a certain amount of care to avoid killing your machine?

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

FreshFeesh posted:

How do you build a mountain base without any worry of infestations? I know it's not a problem at sub-Arctic temperatures, but is there a better way for more tropical biomes?

Keep the whole base sub-zero using coolers?

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

TaintedBalance posted:

I poked around a bit and didn't see one, but is there any Warhammer Fantasy Battle conversion/add-on projects in the works? I saw the 40k one, but I'm playing both Total War: Warhammer 2 and Rimworld with the A Rim of Magic mod and I'm really surprised there isn't one.

Rimworlders are pretty much Skaven.

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

AG3 posted:

Wait, is it the boar or the serving bot who's wearing the power armor?

Pretty sure it's the bear.
The suit is also playing chess, possibly via a secondary set of manipulator arms.

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

Pawn gets a mood debuff from their devilstrand duster because clothing is supposed to be made from people.

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

Tenzarin posted:

You stand at the start of a tunnel dotted with sandbags and corpses everywhere. You hear distant screams and gun fire.

What do you do.

Make sure E1M1 is playing on my MP3 player.

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

The entire planet is crashed ships. Used to be an asteroid way back in the day.

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

Real-world ritual scarification tends to be solely of the dermis, inflicted by very shallow cuts or scrapes that are then encouraged to scar. This differs in effect from the deep muscle/tendon scarring inflicted by serious injuries.

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

If you go no deeper than the dermis, scarification shouldn't hurt at all once fully healed. Look at the maori ta moko as an example.

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

Are the nudity precepts as bad as they seem? No thermal protection, and and no injury protection unless you specifically dress up for a fight.

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

Some of the precepts look like they may be helpful, like declaring nutrient paste a delicacy.

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

I kinda want an online version of the ideoreligion builder just so I can mess around.

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

Royalty
Ideology
Moolah
Witchcraft
Odyssey
Revolution
Lineage
Disaster

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

This past year has proven that people absolutely will be driven to insane self-destructive behaviour by small inconveniences.

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

How do you handle the infestations? Lots of chokepoints and melee pawns?

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

LonsomeSon posted:

enough smokeleaf joints to kill a Thrumbo.

I've heard you can use autobongs as part of your raid defences. Raiders that are high as gently caress can't shoot straight and get downed easier.

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

LonsomeSon posted:

No reason it wouldn’t, active burnbongs get animals in the area high, not just participants. Even if raiders went right into attacking the autobongs they will still be high for quite a few hours once they’ve destroyed them

Presumably you could hide it behind a vented wall?

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

Have fun with your gigaraids!

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

isndl posted:

The hard part really is getting enough power to keep everything running, you're going to need tons of generators unless you're a wizard at load balancing.

What do you favour? Shitload of solar and tons of batteries?

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

So I think the furthest you can stretch food is to combine 1 unit of human/insect meat with 1 unit of haygrass to get 2.5 units of kibble, then put ot in a hopper to get 10 units of nutrient paste?

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

IIRC having bugs randomly spawn deep inside your base is a balancing mechanism to compensate for the fact that you don't have pirates drop-podding deep inside your base.

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

The slab is going to go nuts.

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

With the new DLC you can grow shrooms

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

Stupid idea: Could you create a separate 'Spa' colony consisting of solely a biosculpt pod for everyone, power for them, and a few turrets? Everyone goes and takes a holiday there for a few months, trusting in the low wealth of this barely-there colony to keep raids down to where the turrets can handle them, then comes back to the main colony as a wave of teenagers.

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

Uranium bed?

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

5 days, down to 4 with sterility.

I think with the sleep accelerator and synaptic booster you come out ahead on how much work each pawn gets done, even with 10% of their time spent in a pod?

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

Coolguye posted:

ee: uh actually that might be the superior design based upon some initial testing, the turrets on different facings cover one another a lot better than the 9x9 design

Yes but the way the turrets have to be placed offcentre is driving me insane.

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

For the outer walls could you do something like alternating layers of sandbags and traps? The sandbag walls stop animals from wandering into the traps, the traps take out anyone who mines through the wall.

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

Gadzuko posted:

Yeah that's the one I am using, but make sure you go into the mod settings and update it to make treatments remove 1 year of age (or whatever you want). Unless it's been fixed since I last checked the default is 0, so the pawns get treated but their age does not go down.

That's an idea. Placebo Biosculpter Pods. Cheap to build and don't biolock, fulfill the 'age reversal' need but don't actually reduce age.

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

Nuclear fallout is just another way of dealing with raids!

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

Mixture of 1 and 2. Nominate one of your starting pawns to be the Failson, who must receive any privilege before anyone else does. Nice Things can only be distributed to other pawns once he has it.

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

Make Artillerism an Ideology. Believers can make mortar barrels but get a negative moodlet whenever they have to fire or swing a weapon themselves.

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

Ah, the Constantine Maneuver.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

isndl posted:

Circadian half-cyclers are a Royalty addition, note that not sleeping also has side effects of getting no comfort boost from being in bed and the consciousness penalty means you probably don't want it on critical jobs like doctoring. On the other hand, you could have a tribal set to meditating 24/7 for anima grass...

IIRC they don't have to be tribal to create the grass, only to use it.

Can slaves meditate? If so, then you could have a bunch of slave-monks meditating on the pointlessness of life 18 hours a day.