Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Eight-Six
Oct 26, 2007

The devil showed up so I recruited him

He's been with me a few years at this point and hasn't backstabbed me so I reckon I'm good. His social used to be 17, it's atrophied a bit. He showed up with a good condition revolver and "Likes wearing red."

Compared to this guy: I took one look at that ability of his and said "nope I need to study you"

which I have been doing, for Advanced Anomaly research points.

also continually farming hemogen packs from him so that when the game throws him a bone and forces an escape he'll be easy to recapture. putting his blood in my colonists hasn't been an issue so far!!

bonus, here's what a successful chronophagy ritual looks like:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eight-Six
Oct 26, 2007

OwlFancier posted:

I like that the monolith duplicates can actually come in a variety of different types of broken. I think all of the ones I've encountered so far have something wrong with them which I usually wait to diagnose before summarily executing them and throwing them what was originally supposed to be the tomb for honoured colonist dead, and still technically is, but is rapidly becoming a farce because one guy had three graves with his corpse in and he wasn't even dead yet

I think a few of them would theoretically be curable if you had the right resources or were able to diagnose the problem in time.

My duplicate and the original person both developed "duplicate sickness" which the game said would be debilitating but not fatal. "Debilitating" means 10% consciousness for both pawns so long as both were alive. Farewell Pawn #2.