Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hihohe
Oct 4, 2008

Fuck you and the sun you live under

Man I'm not sure how these anima trees work. I put a meditation spot within range on it, and I get my guy over there to meditate but anima grass is still at 0% after like 5 meditations. Do you HAVE to be a tribal start. Because I think naked brutality is technically a colonist start.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hihohe
Oct 4, 2008

You guys want a little bit of rimworld with your mods?

Im kidding but drat a lot of mods went down

Hihohe
Oct 4, 2008

I know it sounds weird but the slavery mechanic is powerful. The problem seems to be when my Miner Guy falls in love with one of them so i try to convert her to a regular pawn and she apparently teams up with the other guy in the prison and jailbreaks and dies in the ensuing firefight.

Hihohe
Oct 4, 2008

So have you guys found a way to convert pawns to a different ideal faster?

I got this one dude thats taking forever.
Right now im using the convert command over and over again but it only gets rid of 10% commitment which regenerates almost completely by the time convert refreshes.

Hihohe fucked around with this message at 13:41 on Jul 23, 2021

Hihohe
Oct 4, 2008

sharkbomb posted:

I just started playing with 1.3 and Ideology. My tribal colony tamed some boomalopes... I'm assuming the slaughter mechanism is still bunk on boomalopes because they'll blow up?

Also I tried to get some of my usual mods up and running but kept hitting a bug where the shadow outline of whatever I was planning to build wouldn't show up. Like normally there is a faint outline before you actually lay down an object, but that was gone.. I got rid of all mods. I'm worried it's a bug with Hugslib or Harmony though.

Now i think you can milk boomalopes for thier chemfuel that you can use in various things or just to sell.

If not they make great suicide bombers

Hihohe
Oct 4, 2008

I think the next update (or at least the one i want) will go to making the world more fleshed out. Like there will be another story teller, Larry Literal or something similar, where his thing is only cause and effect if that makes sense. For example if you settle out in the boonies traders wont come until you go out and install a signpost at a road pointing to your settlement. Pirate Raiders wont be static settlements and will actually rove around the map which will then set up near your base and start attacking.

Its like Randy in that some stuff like meteorites or transport pod crashes will still happen randomly but interactions between factions is more organic.

That or a persistent world. One where you can be destroyed or retire a settlement and start new somewhere else on the same world. And an ability to see a history of said world.

Eg. Fell to ruin 700 years ago

Scattered tribes banded together to form Rimworld Empire 650 years ago.

Many fallout shelters began opening up resulting in influx of technology 500 years ago.

Etc.

Hihohe
Oct 4, 2008

Oh yeah!

imagine if the factions all held territory! And they naturally vied for control and politics and AAAHHHH!

I just think its weird that the factions in the game are peppered so evenly across the world.

Hihohe fucked around with this message at 22:29 on Jul 23, 2021

Hihohe
Oct 4, 2008

I wish the visage mask would go over the burka so i could get a cool looking masked cultist thing going.

Hihohe
Oct 4, 2008

So I am managing a NO TREE CUTTING start by settling in the desert because ive learned CACTUSES DONT COUNT AS TREES!

Hihohe
Oct 4, 2008

Hihohe
Oct 4, 2008

Does reversing age get rid of frail?
One of my pawns hit like 50 years old and a popup told me that because shes old she gets an old people disease

Im wondering if reversing year will get rid of it.

Hihohe fucked around with this message at 22:42 on Aug 2, 2021

Hihohe
Oct 4, 2008

I really like that and i think it could make a good Ideology Precept.

You gain an item that your group worships as a godlike entity that actively makes your life better , perhaps a nutrient dispenser that needs no power or a entertainment device that gives a big mood buff.

BUT

If your gift from the gods is destroyed your believers become morose and will lose faith super easy. We let God die, why believe anymore.

Hihohe
Oct 4, 2008

Im part of goblin crew. Gonna make me the most wretched goblin pawns.

Hihohe
Oct 4, 2008

In My new game and apparently ever other ideology is loving vegetarian and i settled in the fricken tundra and all of them are angry were eating caribou again because it snows for half the year

6 or 7 ideologies on this planet and 2 of them have Animal personhood.

Hihohe fucked around with this message at 14:49 on Oct 22, 2022

Hihohe
Oct 4, 2008

Did they make it in this dlc that shelves can hold more that 1 thing? Theres a lot of little QoL things in this i think.

Hihohe
Oct 4, 2008

Flesh Forge posted:

it looks like if there is at least 1 tile un-polluted within 28 tile radius, it will keep running :shrek:
e: lmao big impid raids are BRUTAL

:regd08:

Hihohe
Oct 4, 2008

holy crap i just figure out that they fixed the production bills to account for something that makes multiples of something. So when creating stone and selecting " do until i have X" and you click +, it increases in multiples of 20

I love 1.4

Hihohe
Oct 4, 2008

Flesh Forge posted:

Try holding ctrl or shift when hitting + or -

gently caress.

Hihohe
Oct 4, 2008

Everyone else is basically capturing people and throwing them into the gene extracter, right?

Im trying to create the ultimate life form here.

All i need is hedgehog DNA...

Hihohe fucked around with this message at 13:48 on Oct 26, 2022

Hihohe
Oct 4, 2008

This is one of those weird questions , i know, but when can a woman in this game have another child?

Can she become pregnant again right after having a child or is there a cool down?

I have a woman whos had 3 children now and she seems to only get pregnant after the baby turns into a child

Hihohe
Oct 4, 2008

Imagine 2 cavemen having a baby and thier baby is just some guy named dave.

Hihohe
Oct 4, 2008

Galaga Galaxian posted:

Any tips for converting pawns to your ideology? These new colonists are being kind of a drag.

there's usually a sort of priest position you can assign someone that has a convert ability. they can convert someone with like 3- 5 uses with that command so long their socials good.

Hihohe
Oct 4, 2008

Next update should Improve combat system so that you can have a gun in one hand and small melee in the other(or a slot you can switch to), move and shoot, target specific body parts, try to shoot a gun in melee, maybe abilities to learn as your combat skills get higher

Just generally more combat actions.

Theres probably a mod for all that but id like to see it official

Hihohe
Oct 4, 2008

And honestly You can convert rice to Chemfuel pretty easy. Just set it to only rice and keep a crop of it and its basically like a chemfuel farm.

Hihohe
Oct 4, 2008

Its wierd to me that with xenotypes added theres not a system (without modding) to create a Faction of the xenotypes you created or to include them in current existing Faction.

They added pigmen and Neanderthal tribes but if i make a custom xenotype the only people of that xeno type on the whole planet are whoever you spawned with.

Hihohe fucked around with this message at 18:37 on Feb 17, 2024

Hihohe
Oct 4, 2008

I dont know how Z levels break the game seeing as how some raids just break through your roof anyways

Hihohe
Oct 4, 2008

Oh no doubt the programing is the hardest part of Zlayers. But i like the idea of like 5 Z layers max (1-2 underground layers and 3 top layers). Maybe make it so certain materials can only support x amount of layers on top ( ie wood can only support one layer above it, stone can support 2 , etc.) And no mushroom buildings, make every block need some sort of support below it

I think it could work if you're more pragmatic than the 100+ Z layers DF has.

Hihohe
Oct 4, 2008

World Famous W posted:

asking again if any mod makers are here and can point to some sort of help/guide that aint the wiki

It really should be in vanilla rimworld to basically make a outsider faction with the Xenos youve made without having to mod it.

Hope you figure out, i wanted to do the same but im to lazy to mod anything

Hihohe
Oct 4, 2008

IMHO tribals SHOULD be stronger working with what they currently have than a bunch of city slickers who crashed on a backwater world. It makes perfect sense

Hihohe
Oct 4, 2008

With new research books i wonder if its gonna be baked in to include mod tech trees

Hihohe
Oct 4, 2008

Can you make books? Or only find them.

Hihohe
Oct 4, 2008

https://youtu.be/4aGDCE6Nrz0?si=on9Pomp2CRG0bVi2

Hihohe
Oct 4, 2008

OwlFancier posted:

What a delightful little tree that hungers for corpses. I shall name him Charles.

The flesh trees actually own hard, theyll even eat skeletons

Hihohe
Oct 4, 2008

Broken Cog posted:

Do spooky things start happening if you don't trigger the monolith?

Naw, but once you trigger it you cant turn it off, luckily it gives you a "are you sure" sort of prompt

Hihohe
Oct 4, 2008

Ghouls are so drat good but i got rimworlded and my ghoul with 15 melee skill lost a melee fight to geriatric pigman with a poor knife.

Hihohe
Oct 4, 2008

Broken Cog posted:

Oh, this Death Pall event could be a lot of fun for people that don't tidy up things.

Though there's a neat way of disposing of stuff now. Speaking of, is the corpse tree useful for anything other than getting rid of corpses passively?

flesh trees drop edible flesh when chopped. not sure if pawns like it but it makes good ghoul food

Hihohe
Oct 4, 2008

lunar detritus posted:

Containment spots will 100% get modded to contain pawns, and then it will inevitably lead to more war crime mods.

These are the mods i assume goons mean when they say they cant play without mods

Hihohe
Oct 4, 2008

Everyone embracing the Age reversal ritual reminded me of the Meat Canyon Pickleball episode. But replace pickleball with The Cube i guess

https://youtu.be/rkMJCVjNtoM?si=MNTrtld78WGOU-9J

Hihohe
Oct 4, 2008

How much can you chronopagy? Can you do it so much that the invoker turns into a child? Or maybe skips and reverts to a fetus or ploops out of existence :staredog:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hihohe
Oct 4, 2008

I got a Death pall and then right after i got Manhunter pack.

It was Guinea pigs

so now i have an swarm of guinea pigs that refuse to die.